vpx VR-Launcher

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    Gramps
    Participant
      @gramps

I haven’t had the pleasure of using the VR Launcher yet. Have everything I need, I think, just a matter of time but until I do, I have a question. Every time I see the launcher screen, I want it for my other front ends —- Popper or PinballX. Is it possible to do that? Thanks.

Non-vr users have their front ends.

The vr-launcher is a front-end for vr.

I’m take that as no.  Thank you

b4sti
      Participant
        @b4sti

I haven’t had the pleasure of using the VR Launcher yet. Have everything I need, I think, just a matter of time but until I do, I have a question. Every time I see the launcher screen, I want it for my other front ends —- Popper or PinballX. Is it possible to do that? Thanks.

I’m take that as no. Thank you

If you want, you can edit vr-launcher.vpx and make it looking nice in a 2d-vpx. If you rename the vpinball.exe to vpinpall-gl.exe, the launcher will work with 2d tables. But this is not my project, because since vr, I’ve never touched a 2d table again.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by b4sti.
        1 user thanked author for this post.
        Gramps
        Participant
          @gramps

I’m take that as no. Thank you

If you want, you can edit vr-launcher.vpx and make it looking nice in a 2d-vpx. If you rename the vpinball.exe to vpinpall-gl.exe, the launcher will work with 2d tables. But this is not my project, because since vr, I’ve never touched a 2d table again.

Thanks b4sti.  I might try that Your are making me even more determined to get my vr up and running!

WilsonB
          Participant
            @wilsonb

Prior versions worked.

1.)Using Version 3.10 , once lauded in menu , pressing right flipper everything crashes. Was going to take a screenshot, but downgraded to the only lower version I had 10.3.

2.) Version 3.10 shows Version 3.7 on tool

b4sti
            Participant
              @b4sti

If you are the only one with this problem, you should check your setup instead of downgrading. Using the newest version is better for stability, because the newest version always has the most bugfixes.

Plugin
              Participant
                @proost

Works great! Thanks.

godrulox
                Participant
                  @godrulox

Hi b4sti, amazing work ! This is a must have for any Vpx VR fan. Makes a world of difference. Say, on the previous version I was running ( 2.3 or something, don’t remember ) the cabs next to the selected one used to switch to the next/previous cab. Now they are all stuck on AC/DC ( my first one on the list ). What gives ?

piewieboy
                  Participant
                    @piewieboy

yup, same problem here, everything works still perfectly only the tables to the left and right are the wrong images, they all display the acdc table now

drinkcristal
                    Participant
                      @drinkcristal

Hi b4sti,

Is there a way to get the b2s backglass to open when launching a VR table with vpx-vrlauncher.exe? I have some old EM tables that I cannot port to VR (I just don’t know how to be honest). So I am using OVR toolkit to project the b2s backglass from the desktop onto the EM table in VR. I can do this with the normal VPinballX_GL.exe by the VR launcher seems to be restricting opening the b2s backglass.

Any help on this would be great. Loving your launcher and appreciate all the great work you are doing on it :-)

Cheers,

b4sti
                      Participant
                        @b4sti

Hi b4sti, amazing work ! This is a must have for any Vpx VR fan. Makes a world of difference. Say, on the previous version I was running ( 2.3 or something, don’t remember ) the cabs next to the selected one used to switch to the next/previous cab. Now they are all stuck on AC/DC ( my first one on the list ). What gives ?

These tables now are your slots for favourits. Please read the updated description.

b4sti
                        Participant
                          @b4sti

Hi b4sti,

Is there a way to get the b2s backglass to open when launching a VR table with vpx-vrlauncher.exe? I have some old EM tables that I cannot port to VR (I just don’t know how to be honest). So I am using OVR toolkit to project the b2s backglass from the desktop onto the EM table in VR. I can do this with the normal VPinballX_GL.exe by the VR launcher seems to be restricting opening the b2s backglass.

Any help on this would be great. Loving your launcher and appreciate all the great work you are doing on it :-)

Cheers,

Honestly there a so many great VR releases, i don’t play others. The launcher just starts VpinpallX_GL.exe. The only difference could be the window behaviour (minimized with focus). Please link a table you know working without launcher and not working with launcher, so i can have a look.

godrulox
                          Participant
                            @godrulox

oh… I liked it the way it was before. Maybe the slots could show up as an hotkey option instead or maybe only show the selected minicab for a cleaner interface ? Just my opinion. The reduced table load time is a huge improvement.

drinkcristal
                            Participant
                              @drinkcristal

Many thanks for the response. I think it must be the minimised with focus component. I will do some checking and get back to you. Cheers,

Mojorisin74011
                              Participant
                                @mojorisin74011

Really want to start getting into these VR pinball tables. I have a question though all the images I see a flintstones VR pinball table but I don’t believe I have actually found it.

RYSr (Rich)
                                Participant
                                  @rysr

@b4sti

I upgraded from the auto loader to verson 3.11 last night. I had to go into the registry to make entries into the filter fields. When I press the coin1 key I get a popup with the filter list of OFF then the filters listed below it. However I can’t select them by pressing the coin1 key again to move thru the list and select the desired filter. IF I press the coin2 key the Favorites menus change and work by pressing the coin2 key repetitively so I expect the the filter key coin1 would work the same way.

Also can you use a wild card like * or ? in the filter selection?

b4sti
                                  Participant
                                    @b4sti

RYSr, you have to hold down the filter-key, while toggling through filter-menu with left/right. release = confirm selection

RYSr (Rich)
                                    Participant
                                      @rysr

@b4sti

Thanks for all your work!

Now with 3.x version, when I exit a table the currently selected table shown on the launcher menu goes back the the first A list table ( ACDC ), it used to go back to the table you just played. I see the last table played still listed in the registry. Can you set an option to have  it go back to displaying the last table played?

Same thing with favorites it goes back to the regular menu selection, instead of staying in favorites until you turn it off.

Also I use reverse for key selection, and in favorites the pointer does not follow the reverse setting.

nanuk
                                      Participant
                                        @nanuk

hi great app tested around 15 table but 2 of them dont show in the launcher is there a way to manualy put them… and is there a way to add art for the cabinet that do not have art in the menu thank you

Nanuk

In the Script part of the vpx-vrlauncher.vpx is a table-array. Perhaps the filenames of the 2 missing tables are not matching.

If you like the autoupdate feature, you should change filenames – not the table array. Otherwise you can completely customize the vpx-vrlauncher.vpx.

How to create images is described at the download-page. There is a template-download for better placing the image-parts.

hi i been trying to add table that are not in the list but can’t figure out how to do it everytime i try the launcher just crash when i try to open it again help will be very appreciated thank you

RYSr (Rich)
                                        Participant
                                          @rysr

Nanuk,

I used to edit the launcherVPX file when the launcher was first released. I found you had to be very careful with the syntax in the table array or you have problems with using it afterwards. If you download a new launcher update zip and install it, you have to redo all your previous changes on the new file, as well as additional changes for any new unrecognized tables you have added. So it’s better to just rename the table’s filename to match the arrays naming so it will pick it up.

If you wait until you have 10 or more new tables to add like I do, theirs the issue of recognizing which one of them don’t match the table array. You just have to start the launcher and check if every table you added shows up in the launcher. Then edit it’s filename name to match what’s in the array. You have to load the launcher vpx file in a non VR version of VPX to load the script and see the table array, or print the table array for reference.

I wish the launcher would just load all tables in the working directory, then just use the array to match artwork that does match. then at least you wouldn’t have to deal with table naming.

nanuk
                                          Participant
                                            @nanuk

thx ill try that

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 149 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?