VR Room Class of 1812 (Gottlieb 1991)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    pgheyd
    Participant
      @pgheyd

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vr-room-class-of-1812-gottlieb-1991/

Added the VR conversions to this table that was done by Bigus (Thanks for the permission to mod!), Tom Towers, and Ninuzzu.  I really enjoy playing the Class of 1812 table, and wanted to get this into VR. I did a lot of mods… (all documented in the script). including lighting, backglass, flashers, lighting, GI, and other table issue (high score initials, and others). I used the Blacksad dark image from his backglass, as it looks amazing. All the interactivity was done in the script.

Sixtoe did a lot of lighting updates as well, including bloom lighting, overlay, etc.

Once again, I changed the typical minimal room slightly to have a wood floor, and a slightly different wall… which gives an appearance of lighting from the pinball machine casting on the wall.  You can change back to the original walls and floor in the options section of the script.

If you get 3 credits each time you add a coin, I put instructions in the script on how to modify your ROM to only add one coin.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!  And thanks again to Bigus, Tom Towers, Ninuzzu, Blacksad, and Sixtoe!

Total of 21 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Ben Logan2
      Participant
        @benlogan2

That cabinet look extra cool. Thanks, pgheyd!

Marcio
        Participant
          @marcioclauss

Very Good Table Thank You :good:

Rajo Joey
          Participant
            @joey2001

Looks great. Thanks.

jonathan1972
            Participant
              @jonathan1972

looks fantastic   thank you for your work

Darquayle
              Participant
                @darquayle

Really well done VR implementation.  This is a machine that I wasn’t crazy about when running in normal VPX but it really is a different experience in VR.  Great job.

Olliebommel
                Participant
                  @pintris

Great table. I do had an issue after I locked my second ball, the heart started to beat, I should then have received a new ball in the shooter lane. But this ball did not come. The machine was sitting there waiting endlessly. It did not try a ball search or anything. I had to stop the table and restart. Anyone got this too?

Thanks

pgheyd
                  Participant
                    @pgheyd

table-switch-pic

I did see this as well.  I’m guessing it could be with the trough/code issue I changed for the tilt issue.  Its hard to explain… but in the real table, there is only one switch (SW44) in the trough and one switch in the drain (SW54).  However it stores two balls in the trough in the vpx table, slot1 and slot2.  Usually in the code you replicate the switches and use a hit and unhit to control the slots that represent each switch.  In the vpx table there is two slots/kickers, but only the one switch in the trough.

The  trough code in the script is as follows:

‘Init Trough
                    Sub InitTrough
                    Slot1.CreateSizedballWithMass Ballsize/2,Ballmass
                    Slot2.CreateSizedballWithMass Ballsize/2,Ballmass
                    Controller.Switch(44) = 1
                    Controller.Switch(54) = 0
                    End Sub
                    ‘Handle Trough
                    Sub Slot2_UnHit():UpdateTrough:End Sub
                    Sub Slot1_Hit():Controller.Switch(44) = 1:UpdateTrough:End Sub
                    Sub Slot1_UnHit():Controller.Switch(44) = 0:UpdateTrough:End Sub

In the ‘Handle Trough section, the original code had Sub Slot2_Hit():UpdateTrough:End Sub.   I changed it to UnHit() as you can see above.  That completely resolved when it kicked a ball out to the outlane during a tilt scenario.

I did see the issue you mentioned about not getting a ball after a lock… but not all the time… just a couple times.  Very inconsistent.  I’m guessing it has something to do with the trough issue above.  This will be hard to replicate for troubleshooting.  If you’d like… you can change the code back to Slot2_Hit() and see if that fixes the problem.  Note that if you tilt the machine, you will get two balls kicked out into play after a tilt.

I wonder if I remove the slot2 and just send the ball from the drain to slot1 when it needs to and that will fix both issues.  I will try.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by pgheyd.
                    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by pgheyd.
                    1 user thanked author for this post.
                    pgheyd
                    Participant
                      @pgheyd

Both the tilt / too many balls issue AND the multiball / heartbeat no balls issue are fixed, and included in the update to version 1.2
                      I updated two errors in original table. Sub Slot2 was originally Slot2_Hit(). That caused too many balls to be on table in tilt mode.  Once that was changed, there was an issue that caused during the heartbeat multiball, the 2nd ball didn’t come into outlane.  That issue was that the Slot1_Hit() updated the trough in the subroutine. Needed to remove UpdateTrough.

I played several games (some local high scores too!).  I did not get a repeat of the heartbeat multiball issue.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                      studlygoorite
                      Participant
                        @studlygoorite

Table is great, thanks for updating and sharing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?