VR ROOM Cyclone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    senseless
    Participant
      @senseless

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=157095

VR version of the incredible Cyclone by Sliderpoint.

Man, this is a real classic and designed to perfection by Sliderpoint. Not only are the sounds and gfx top notch, he also enabled the Jackpot ladder and the spinning Ferris Wheel. It took my quite some effort to integrate this in VR into the backglass but in the end it turned out great!

I also included MS Pacman as additional arcade cabinet, next to Elevator Action and DK Jr. Enough stuff to play around with :).

Credits go to:

– Sliderpoint for his incredible table (V1.5)

– 3rdaxis for sharing his template for creating a VR Room

– Caligula for bringing us VPX VR via VPVR!

Keep a close eye out for more releases, VR is going to be the future of visual pinball :).

10 users thanked author for this post.
      OlDirty
      Participant
        @oldirty

You’re releasing VR Rooms nearly daily. They are all AWESOME! Thanks for your great work :rose: . Can’t wait till all the famous B/W tables are released :yahoo: .

PS: Strangely i don’t see the DMD on the Backbox in VR. It’s visible on the normal PC screen. Never had this issue with other VR Room tables. Any advice?

gear323
        Participant
          @gear323

You’re releasing VR Rooms nearly daily. They are all AWESOME! Thanks for your great work :rose: . Can’t wait till all the famous B/W tables are released :yahoo: .

PS: Strangely i don’t see the DMD on the Backbox in VR. It’s visible on the normal PC screen. Never had this issue with other VR Room tables. Any advice?

OlDirty.  You will need to have Freezy installed and configured for the DMD to work on these older tables.  The latest version will not work so you will need to install version v 1.7.1

In VPX VR under keys nudge and DOF you will need to check off “Capture DMD”

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases

OlDirty
          Participant
            @oldirty

Are you sure i need this if i don’t use any external hardware DMD? I’m just playing with a VR headset.

senseless
            Participant
              @senseless

All non DOT Matrix tables need Freezy and the external dmd enabled. Check my installation notes that come with the posts ;).

hardeaux
              Participant
                @hardeaux

Great looking conversion – but..  For the life of me I can’t figure out why all the ramps render as opaque for me in VR!  THey look like they are spray painted with silver paint.  Table renders fine in non-VR VPX. Has anyone else had this happen?

Hopefully I’m just being dumb.   REALLY hard to play when you can’t see through the ramps ;)

Deci
                Participant
                  @decidetto

Great looking conversion – but.. For the life of me I can’t figure out why all the ramps render as opaque for me in VR! THey look like they are spray painted with silver paint. Table renders fine in non-VR VPX. Has anyone else had this happen?

Hopefully I’m just being dumb. REALLY hard to play when you can’t see through the ramps ;)

I had the same issue. I resolved it by going into the Table–>Material Manager menu, then scrolling down to the “ramps” material, clicking it and going to the “Amount” box of the “Opacity” area (bottom set of boxes). It was set to 0.9999, and I assume that a rounding error simply rounds it to 1. Set it to 0.995 and the ramps now render properly transparent!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?