VR ROOM Fathom (Bally, 1981)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Cirqus
    Participant
      @cirqus

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=195067

Bally’s legendary 1981 release “Fathom” has always been one of my favourite machines. The art package is phenomenal, the gameplay straightforward but challenging and rewarding. Luckily we have a fantastic VPX version by 32assassin, Vogliodicane and Arconovum (FSS).

Here’s my take on a VR room for this stunning table. No killer mermaids around at the moment, but the signs of their handiwork are everywhere…

Thanks so much to the original authors 32assassin, Vogliodicane and Arconovum for their permission to modify their tables. Also many thanks to Rawd for his help with tweaks and fixes, Sixtoe for the minimal room assets, a great unnamed modeller for the cabinet, DJRobX and Rawnei for their continued improvements to VPVR, Caligula for starting it all off, Senseless and other VR room creators for encouragement, advice, and playtesting, and all table authors!

Controls:

– Left Magnasave: Toggle between the full room, the minimal room, and the void

– S key – disable the environmental sound

– F key – fast fish!

Note: the script includes a kind of live, in-VR editor I wrote up to help me place all that coral (around 150 pieces of it). Send me a message if you want to know more about it.

JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

Whoa.

Ben Logan2
        Participant
          @benlogan2

So beautiful. I love it!

Rajo Joey
          Participant
            @joey2001

Only can say: Wow! :-)

BazzaLB
            Participant
              @bazzalb

Great job on the visuals. Unfortunately, I am seeing a large black square in the distance that follows my HMD around. When I look out into the “deep blue” I actually see black with the fish swimming in front of it. If I move my head, I can see that a large black square follows my vision but I can see in my periphery that there is indeed deep blue out there.

I’m on a Vive Pro. Anyone else encounter this?

I’d try to show a screen shot but my VR Preview window only ever shows black (on all tables) so I disable it.

Cirqus
              Participant
                @cirqus

Great job on the visuals. Unfortunately, I am seeing a large black square in the distance that follows my HMD around. When I look out into the “deep blue” I actually see black with the fish swimming in front of it. If I move my head, I can see that a large black square follows my vision but I can see in my periphery that there is indeed deep blue out there.

I’d try to show a screen shot but my VR Preview window only ever shows black (on all tables) so I disable it.

Ah, think you might have to push out your far clip distance Bazza. Open up VR Settings from the Preferences menu, then you should see “VR near plane” and “VR far plane” halfway down. Mine are at 5 and 20000. Let me know if that fixes it!

Sorry, forgot to mention it in the readme/install section… if this fixes it for you I’ll add it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                BazzaLB
                Participant
                  @bazzalb

Ah, think you might have to push out your far clip distance Bazza. Open up VR Settings from the Preferences menu, then you should see “VR near plane” and “VR far plane” halfway down. Mine are at 5 and 20000. Let me know if that fixes it!

Sorry, forgot to mention it in the readme/install section… if this fixes it for you I’ll add it!

That did indeed fix it.. Thanks for that! Even 10,000 ended up being enough.  Looks great. Thanks again :)

takut
                  Participant
                    @takut
                    MemberContributor

Looks great, thanks for sharing :good:

STAT
                    Participant
                      @stefanaustria
                      MemberContributor

Haven’t VR but that looks crazy cool :good:

vogliadicane
                      Participant
                        @vogliadicane

Really cool to see my Fathom in this amazing environment! Too bad I don’t have VR.

senseless
                        Participant
                          @senseless

Great VR experience :)! Thanks for this classic.

dinorob
                          Participant
                            @dinorob

When i play this in vr the table and backglass are in really low resolution.Any idea how to fix this, thanks.

Cirqus
                            Participant
                              @cirqus

When i play this in vr the table and backglass are in really low resolution.Any idea how to fix this, thanks.

Hmm that’s a new one on me! Is it only this table? Do you have a screenshot maybe?

Cirqus
                              Participant
                                @cirqus

Oh one other idea – do you have your max texture size set in the video options, down near the bottom-right? Make sure it’s set to “unlimited”.

Rawd
                                Participant
                                  @rawd

This is a truly superb environment.  The attention to detail is not lost on me.  I love the animated fish.  Everything is great!  lol, thanks.

studlygoorite
                                  Participant
                                    @studlygoorite

First time I felt like I had to hold my breath while playing pinball, thanks for this awesome environment and table.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?