VR Room Flash (Williams 1979)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pgheyd
    Participant
      @pgheyd

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vr-room-flash-williams-1979/

This table is very significant in the pinball world, as it was the first table Steve Ritchie did when he started at Williams. It was also the first machine featuring a dynamic Background-sound, increasing in pitch and indicating the player’s skill to anyone.   And… it was the first machine using FLASH-Lights, which got their name therefore. (https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/flash)

I added the VR conversions and a few VR mods to get it to look good (all documented in the script). This table was done by jpsalas (Thanks for the permission to mod!). JP did an absolute fantastic job on this table, as he recently upgraded the rolling ball sound effects, and his new physics. It plays incredible!

I used the dark image from darquayle’s backglass file, imported into the table, and then did all the GI and alphanumeric displays in the table itself. I then spent a significant amount of time to get the backglass interactive, and working with the appropriate lights, all done within the script. Sixtoe taught me about depth bias and modulation for light effects. This helped me modify the images slight to make them more visable.

Once again, I changed the typical minimal room slightly to have a wood floor, and a slightly different wall… which gives an appearance of lighting from the pinball machine casting on the wall.  You can change back to the original walls and floor in the options section of the script.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!  And thanks again to JPSalas and as always Sixtoe!

FlippingSweet
      Participant
        @nomorestalker

Looks great, i’ll fire this up tonight for sure

The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

I remember when I tried it back in ’79.  The backglass didn’t do much for me but… pinball was changed forever with that sound and the flash lights.  Many thanks, will be trying this one this weekend for sure!

Rajo Joey
          Participant
            @joey2001

I love JP’s table and now it is in VR. :yahoo:

What a big surprise. Thanks! :good:

studlygoorite
            Participant
              @studlygoorite

Another that looks and plays great, thanks again :)

playcade
              Participant
                @playcade

I want to thank you for this conversion to VR of this FLASH… I was playing all the sunday afternoon. I cant believe the well it plays and looks!!! It is very adictive. THAAAAAAANK  YOUUUUU !!!! I  lighted up all its red arrows lights and they stayed on!!!

Regards!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?