Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sixtoe
    Participant
    @kiella

A minimal VR Room for Scottywic's amazing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire original table.

The conversion involved a fair amount of tweaking to get it looking right in VR as I think it was very tuned for cabinet view, I wanted to spend quite a while with it to do it the justice it deserves, which also involved creating a pinball cabinet and artwork for it, and I'm pretty happy with the result all things considered :)

Please read and follow the installation instructions on the original page, and then follow the instructions for setting it up for one screen use before you even attempt to run this in VR.

Enjoy!

scampa123
    Participant
    @scampa123

I’m a newbie to VR with pinball….Are there setup instructions for VR?  What VR platform is this for?  Is it something I can use with Oculus?

thank you!!

Sixtoe
    Participant
    @kiella

VPVR is a VR version of VPX, it’s still what you’d call in heavy development, but it’s functionally excellent. I personally have a Rift S, so yes it’s perfectly compatible with most windows headsets that people have tried. The latest beta also works with open composite so removes the need for steam as well.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    scampa123
    Participant
    @scampa123

Thanks for the reply, I’ll check it out!!

thx for building the VR for this table too!!

Ben Logan2
    Participant
    @benlogan2

Thanks for the reply, I’ll check it out!!

thx for building the VR for this table too!!

Here’s a wealth of reading material to get you started scampa123. Feel free to ask questions. It’s daunting at first, but really isn’t all the hard to get up and running if you’re a computer gaming guy

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showforum=111

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

@kiella looks cool thanks for sharing :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

TinyBlackDog
    Participant
    @dbknightx

Amazing job as usual.  Really had a blast playing this last night.  I followed the Single screen PupPack instructions exactly, including the specific instructions for HPGOF, and things went smoothly.  A couple of things that I noticed:

• DMD looks washed out in VR but not on screen – I understand this is a known issue w/ the VR Pup implementation but wanted to mention it in case others notice
    • I couldn’t get the mini game to show up in VR.  In fact, I took off the headset and didn’t see it on my monitor either, so I’m guessing it is a Pup setup issue.  Any ideas what Pup window this is supposed to display on?

Thanks again Toby!

Sixtoe
    Participant
    @kiella

Amazing job as usual. Really had a blast playing this last night. I followed the Single screen PupPack instructions exactly, including the specific instructions for HPGOF, and things went smoothly. A couple of things that I noticed:

• DMD looks washed out in VR but not on screen – I understand this is a known issue w/ the VR Pup implementation but wanted to mention it in case others notice
    • I couldn’t get the mini game to show up in VR. In fact, I took off the headset and didn’t see it on my monitor either, so I’m guessing it is a Pup setup issue. Any ideas what Pup window this is supposed to display on?

Thanks again Toby!

Yeah, DMD issue is know about, it’s probably something to do with the fact that it’s projected onto a flasher rather than an image.

I tried to narrow down the mini game issue which sometimes happens, and yeah it’s a pup setup issue.
    The minigame is displayed on the PUP backglass window, and as the VR backglass literally just mirrors the backglass on the desktop it must be some sort of priority switching issue, which is what wasn’t working for me either.

Scottywic
    Participant
    @scottywic

Beautiful work man. Thanks for all your time and effort in this. Makes me feel good inside to see

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Sixtoe
    Participant
    @kiella

Thanks @scottywic, I’m really happy and glad you like it :)

Legolas24
    Participant
    @floy

Amazing!!

I love this table and the puppack is great. In many tables the puppack does not go well as the terminator 2 that does not capture me but in this one it goes very well. Thank you very much for this great work

Jesperpark
    Participant
    @jesperpark

This was already a great table, thanks so much for making this a VR table

I do have 1 problem that I know is in my setup.  When I use open Composite to bypass steam (I have a rift S), I lose the puppack sounds, and only have the table mechanical sounds.  When I launch through steam I get both types of sound.  I have an .ini file setting sounds to =off, also tried =on   Hopefully someone can suggest a fix and maybe it can help someone else too.  This is the only table I am seeing this issue btw, I’m guessing its pup/opencomposite related as it’s the only pup table I am running

Sixtoe
    Participant
    @kiella

That sounds like a setup issue to do with where pup is routing your sounds through, turning if off in opencomposite.ini means it doesn’t route through your normal connection to the headset (which is the only way it works without crashing at the moment). I’m not sure what the soloution is specifically for you, but I do know that oculus tray tool has an audio routing function so that might help? Otherwise it’s playing with the default audio player in PUP? (just guessing here!)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW