VR Room Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Minimal (Orbital 2020)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Sixtoe
    Participant
      @kiella

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=191195

A minimal VR Room for Scottywic’s amazing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire original table.

The conversion involved a fair amount of tweaking to get it looking right in VR as I think it was very tuned for cabinet view, I wanted to spend quite a while with it to do it the justice it deserves, which also involved creating a pinball cabinet and artwork for it, and I’m pretty happy with the result all things considered :)

Please read and follow the installation instructions on the original page, and then follow the instructions for setting it up for one screen use before you even attempt to run this in VR.

Enjoy!

scampa123
      Participant
        @scampa123

I’m a newbie to VR with pinball….Are there setup instructions for VR?  What VR platform is this for?  Is it something I can use with Oculus?

thank you!!

Sixtoe
        Participant
          @kiella

VPVR is a VR version of VPX, it’s still what you’d call in heavy development, but it’s functionally excellent. I personally have a Rift S, so yes it’s perfectly compatible with most windows headsets that people have tried. The latest beta also works with open composite so removes the need for steam as well.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          scampa123
          Participant
            @scampa123

Thanks for the reply, I’ll check it out!!

thx for building the VR for this table too!!

Ben Logan2
            Participant
              @benlogan2

Thanks for the reply, I’ll check it out!!

thx for building the VR for this table too!!

Here’s a wealth of reading material to get you started scampa123. Feel free to ask questions. It’s daunting at first, but really isn’t all the hard to get up and running if you’re a computer gaming guy

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showforum=111

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

@kiella looks cool thanks for sharing :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

TinyBlackDog
                Participant
                  @dbknightx

Amazing job as usual.  Really had a blast playing this last night.  I followed the Single screen PupPack instructions exactly, including the specific instructions for HPGOF, and things went smoothly.  A couple of things that I noticed:

• DMD looks washed out in VR but not on screen – I understand this is a known issue w/ the VR Pup implementation but wanted to mention it in case others notice
                  • I couldn’t get the mini game to show up in VR.  In fact, I took off the headset and didn’t see it on my monitor either, so I’m guessing it is a Pup setup issue.  Any ideas what Pup window this is supposed to display on?

Thanks again Toby!

Sixtoe
                  Participant
                    @kiella

Amazing job as usual. Really had a blast playing this last night. I followed the Single screen PupPack instructions exactly, including the specific instructions for HPGOF, and things went smoothly. A couple of things that I noticed:

• DMD looks washed out in VR but not on screen – I understand this is a known issue w/ the VR Pup implementation but wanted to mention it in case others notice
                    • I couldn’t get the mini game to show up in VR. In fact, I took off the headset and didn’t see it on my monitor either, so I’m guessing it is a Pup setup issue. Any ideas what Pup window this is supposed to display on?

Thanks again Toby!

Yeah, DMD issue is know about, it’s probably something to do with the fact that it’s projected onto a flasher rather than an image.

I tried to narrow down the mini game issue which sometimes happens, and yeah it’s a pup setup issue.
                    The minigame is displayed on the PUP backglass window, and as the VR backglass literally just mirrors the backglass on the desktop it must be some sort of priority switching issue, which is what wasn’t working for me either.

Scottywic
                    Participant
                      @scottywic

Beautiful work man. Thanks for all your time and effort in this. Makes me feel good inside to see

Sixtoe
                      Participant
                        @kiella

Thanks @scottywic, I’m really happy and glad you like it :)

Legolas24
                        Participant
                          @floy

Amazing!!

I love this table and the puppack is great. In many tables the puppack does not go well as the terminator 2 that does not capture me but in this one it goes very well. Thank you very much for this great work

Jesperpark
                          Participant
                            @jesperpark

This was already a great table, thanks so much for making this a VR table

I do have 1 problem that I know is in my setup.  When I use open Composite to bypass steam (I have a rift S), I lose the puppack sounds, and only have the table mechanical sounds.  When I launch through steam I get both types of sound.  I have an .ini file setting sounds to =off, also tried =on   Hopefully someone can suggest a fix and maybe it can help someone else too.  This is the only table I am seeing this issue btw, I’m guessing its pup/opencomposite related as it’s the only pup table I am running

Sixtoe
                            Participant
                              @kiella

That sounds like a setup issue to do with where pup is routing your sounds through, turning if off in opencomposite.ini means it doesn’t route through your normal connection to the headset (which is the only way it works without crashing at the moment). I’m not sure what the soloution is specifically for you, but I do know that oculus tray tool has an audio routing function so that might help? Otherwise it’s playing with the default audio player in PUP? (just guessing here!)

Warrie
                              Participant
                                @warrie

Hi, I got it running The puppack video is showing, below that the dmd is in the correct place – but there is a second copy of the dmd displayed on top of the pupvideo, using the top half of the screen.
                                On my monitor the dmd is also on top of the video so I think I have to move that to the background – but I have no clue how I can do that. Anybody got an idea?

Prendy
                                Participant
                                  @prendy

Thanks for this, really love it. I have an issue with backglass/DMD, it’s showing “pupscreen1” as my backglass, and no DMD. When i tck the options in the preferences to capture external dmd, it just mirrors pupscreen1 to the dmd. I can use alt-tab to display the correct screen “pupscreen2” as the backglass, however this doesn’t work when i launch the table from vpx vr launcher. Using this method just mirros the backglass to the DMD. Can someone please help me wioth this? I kow it’s not that much of a big deal, but i’d like to have this working properly.

As a side note, stranger things works just fine, the cutscenes show perfectly, so i have no idea what i’ve done wrong.

studlygoorite
                                  Participant
                                    @studlygoorite

Sixtoe you should be “happy with the results” this is magnificent. Thanks for doing and sharing

Prendy
                                    Participant
                                      @prendy

Ok, thanks forum police. Did you nit read the first sentence of my post!

It’s people like you that drive others away. If you’re nit going to help, why bother responding?

Warrie
                                      Participant
                                        @warrie

He was not referring to your post Prendy.. but to the first post: ‘and I’m pretty happy with the result all things considered’
                                        Chilllll…

Prendy
                                        Participant
                                          @prendy

Ah right, I apologise.

godrulox
                                          Participant
                                            @godrulox

Hi Sixtoe, maybe you can help me out with your infinite programing wisdom. Do you know how to downscale just the PinUpPlayer application to %100 without going through windows display settings ? I use a 80 inch tv as a monitor and I have it upscaled to 300%. If I go to 100% it will fix both Harry Potter and Stranger Things display but mess up my desktop making everything unreadable.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?