VR Room Star Trek The Next Generation Minimal (Williams 1993)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Sixtoe
    Participant
      @kiella

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=199774

A minimal VR room for the amazing Star Trek The Next Generation by Williams.

Knorr and Clark Kent did an amazing job of bringing my favorite pinball table to life in VPX! It’s the table I played more than anything else in the arcade back in the day (being a huge Star Trek fan too!), so this one was a no brainer to do.

I’d have done it sooner, but Rawd and Steely have fancy VR room under construction, but as it’s still some time away he said it was fine if I released my conversion and share it :)

Enjoy!

Rajo Joey
      Participant
        @joey2001

I don’tplay this table much often, but now with your VR-room he got another chance. And I think, I will love it. :yahoo: :good:

pinballroo
        Participant
          @pinballroo

Great, thanks one of my faves.

freetz
          Participant
            @freetz

Mr. Sixtoe , salute to you mate !

kenswift
            Participant
              @kenswift

This is straight up fire. Ive been bugging sixtoes on FB as Ive just gotten VR going and want to say how much we appreciate his work. This table is lit. if someone doesnt like this in VR, sell your cab.

3rdaxis
              Participant
                @3rdaxis
                MemberContributor

Couple issues I’m having and it seems it’s just me. Still running 10.6. I see no DMD? The flasher is set visible but still nothing also, Korpus1 primitive on layer 8 (sidewalls) are far too high. I’ve had to drop the Z axis by -445 but I can see in your screenshot they are okay? Very strange.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by 3rdaxis.
                Sixtoe
                Participant
                  @kiella

Couple issues I’m having and it seems it’s just me. Still running 10.6. I see no DMD? The flasher is set visible but still nothing also, Korpus1 primitive on layer 8 (sidewalls) are far too high. I’ve had to drop the Z axis by -445?

I need to revisit this one, it was one of my first and I’ve learnt quite a few things since ;)

Without looking are you running in fullscreen? It sounds like it, that sometimes messes with the tables if I hung things off a “desktop” switch.

I do love this table so I’ll go back and give it a good going over, I do know it has a few issues (such as showing the mini dmd), I need to go over all my tables really and put into place all the now quite numerous small improvements here and there ;)

3rdaxis
                  Participant
                    @3rdaxis
                    MemberContributor

Here is a screen shot of what I have.  

3rdaxis
                    Participant
                      @3rdaxis
                      MemberContributor

3rdaxis
                      Participant
                        @3rdaxis
                        MemberContributor

And it’s not just this table either which is why I’m certain it’s something on my end either an older version of VPVR or a setting there within. TOM also no DMD, Pinbot, no display, Bride of Pinbot, no display, etc, etc…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by 3rdaxis.
                        Sixtoe
                        Participant
                          @kiella

Yeah, it’s the bit I circled, that needs to be unticked for VPVR.

VPVR is hardcoded to force desktop mode, and you get all sorts of weird and wonderful results if it’s set to fullscreen in the options, it’s why I started to put a VR “switch” in the script of my rooms now to force certain things rather than rely upon whether it detects its desktop mode or not, which seemed like an elegant solution at first but backfires spectacularly with that ticked.

I’ll either or add that switch or remove the fullscreen script logic totally in updates, that should sort it.

Attachments:
                          1 user thanked author for this post.
                          3rdaxis
                          Participant
                            @3rdaxis
                            MemberContributor

3rdaxis
                            Participant
                              @3rdaxis
                              MemberContributor

Okay let me do that right now.

3rdaxis
                              Participant
                                @3rdaxis
                                MemberContributor

Yep that did it on STTNG. But Pinbot still has no display…

3rdaxis
                                Participant
                                  @3rdaxis
                                  MemberContributor

Okay, just needed a re-boot. All is well. Thank you so very much:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?