Well guys…I guess we are all wasting our time…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

The first sentence in this article says it all….ugh

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/museums/a-pinball-museum-there-has-to-be-a-twist/2018/10/12/71ecaf68-c58e-11e8-b1ed-1d2d65b86d0c_story.html%3foutputType=amp

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

What about copying and pasting that sentence ?

1) Washington post sees that I come from EU and wants me accept that I’m not browsing from US and automatically want to be tracked.

2) They see my ad blocker and wants me to turn it off – not giving up on wanting to track me.

I don’t want to have to start one of my numerous vpn profiles and run the browser in incognito if it is only one sentence that can be easily copied and pasted ;)

( yes, this is just a post, explaining that a innocent post to a news article, can be experienced very differently from the poster himself )

CarnyPriest
        Participant
          @carnypriest

“Pinball isn’t virtual. It’s physical.”

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Nothing new there then. We won’t be able to replace the real thing. But, god damn, it is getting closer each year.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            sebcemoi
            Participant
              @sebcemoi

“The ball clacks against the glass top as it jumps off the air-trigger flippers…”
              imo a good effect idea for future releases ! :yes:

My feel for employ same terms as the article is a VP cabinet containing numerous marvelous tables is by itself a Pinball museum  or an emporium. :good:  

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

“ASHEVILLE, N.C. — Pinball isn’t virtual. It’s physical. You pull the steel plunger on the 1976 game “Evel Knievel” and the tension is pleasurable. The ball clacks against the glass top as it jumps off the hair-trigger flippers, which flick electronically with a fingertip press of the buttons waist-high on the sides of the machine. The jangling bells and blinking lights add to the tactile experience.“

Sorry @thalamus.  First paragraph.

bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

I bet real pinball has 3D lights, too. :negative:

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

Damnit if virtual is wrong, I don’t wanna be right!

JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

Fun article.  Would like to see it some day.  Love the Asheville area but have not been there in years.

Have to say I suspect that when I some day see a TOTAN irl for the first time…I’m going to be disappointed.

L0stS0ul
                      Participant
                        @l0sts0ul

Fun article. Would like to see it some day. Love the Asheville area but have not been there in years.

Have to say I suspect that when I some day see a TOTAN irl for the first time…I’m going to be disappointed.

I was, game was boring and one of the few I have ever walked away from mid game. I know it’s an unpopular opinion even on pinside. Asheville is lovely though :)

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

Walk away from a pinball machine ? Huh. It has to be very broken, being my turn on another machine, or too easy to play for that to happen. No, wait, I remember I’ve done it once now. It was a Disco fever with banana flippers.

Gwen
                          Participant
                            @gwen

You should check out the Pacific Pinball Museum in Alameda, CA if you get the chance.  They have 90 playable machines and many more, mostly wood rail machines on display.  I used to go there whenever I could when I lived in the bay area.  Great place to spend all day alone, with friends, or with the whole family.  =)

Gwen
                            - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

STAT
                            Participant
                              @stefanaustria
                              MemberContributor

Europe Players should visit: https://www.terratechnica.info/en

More than 250 Machines … unfortunately actually closed because Corona :-(

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?