who knows this most ugly machine?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    makmak
    Participant
      @makmak

Hi dudes,

who can remember this strange “pinball”? I played it in a hotel lobby in the 80s, but only because there was no alternative at all around. It was really strange and ugly. If I remember correctly, it was a coffee-table pinball. Kind of space design, mostly dark with some orange colored bumpers but not many toys at all on the playfield. The remarkable thing was the curved surface of the playfield. The bumpers were placed in depressions, so the ball was really hard to control. The ball often rolled in ellipses around the bumpers. It may even be that the bumpers acted only magnetically. Has anyone seen this “thing” before? I dont remember any goals or flippers or strategy or drain area or such… Has anyone seen this “thing” before?  It would be fun to see how much my memory has faded.

Thanks for your help!

makmak
      Participant
        @makmak

or maybe more “volcano style” than space themed, phew so long ago…

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

Stern Orbiter 1 checks all the boxes. It’s cool to try but sucks after a bit.

This is a good read about it’s history: https://www.flippers.be/stern_orbitor_one_history.html

1 user thanked author for this post.
          makmak
          Participant
            @makmak

Thank you @bord, youre the best!

I didnt thought I would get an answer at all. Its this damned pinball! You instantly regret having thrown a coin into this machine! LOL But seems I was lucky having been able to play this “thing”.

Anyone interested in converting to VPX :wacko: ? Quite a challenge I guess ;-)

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

32assasin made one a while back. Pretty remarkable! Would be interested if this could be improved almost 5 years later.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12614

1 user thanked author for this post.
              JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

Came across one a while back – – for sale @makmak !! – – at a pin place near me.  Sorry I didn’t get a better pic.  Gave my young friend a token to play it and he thought it was a hoot.  But it’s something you play once and then move on.  Especially when there was a Fireball and 8bdlx next to it.

JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

That’s also the day I learned a proper pinball stance from my young friends mom – –

It was her first time ever playing an 8bdx and she doubled my score.  So that’s how I stand now.

makmak
                  Participant
                    @makmak

Young friends mom… :whistle: ;-)

LynnInDenver
                    Participant
                      @lynnindenver

Yeah, I was able to play it once at Hyperspace… and that was certainly enough for me. Interesting concept, but no real legs once you get past the novelty.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Kickman
                      Participant
                        @kickman81

There is one in the pacific pinball museum in alameda ca. Kinda neat to play actually.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?