Whoa Nellie help needed!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Pete
    Participant
      @wowwie321

I recently downloaded Whoa-Nellie-Wizbang-2011 which includes Whoa-Nellie-Wizbang-2011.directb2s.The names are the same but when I start VPX the gameplay lags .i.e. the flipper motion is delayed when trying to initiate them,and the backglass does not initiate.

Does the directb2s only work with the presence of a second monitor?

Is there a solution to the flipper problem,and any suggestions to resolve the backglass issue?

Cheers.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

see this post

need to use a LMEMDOFTables.txt file within your VP directory.
        Create a text file named LMEMDOFTables.txt and place the value ”1” without quotes to show the backglass without DOF

Whoa-Nellie-wizbang-2011

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Pete
        Participant
          @wowwie321

Thanks,i’ll give it a try.

What do you suggest to improve the fluidity of gameplay,specifically the flipper movement?

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

i don’t recall the flippers being non fluid. This is a early vp10 build so keep that in mind but should play fine unless your computer is not up to specs of VP10(video card) try reducing video settings

for IOS and Android

Pete
            Participant
              @wowwie321

Good Point!

I am running VP-10.4-Beta(VPX_4_beta_rev3209),and by the way I tried VPXsetup and Visual-Pinball-X-Standalone-EXE-10.3.I have whoa_nellie_em.directb2s and whoa_nellie_em.vpx,as displayed in the script.I have cut & pasted LMEMDOFTables.txt,with the number 1 within,as you mentioned previously,and this information is also displayed in the script,yet the backglass does not initiate.

What do you suggest?

Cheers.

Attachments:
              randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Did you place the .txt file in visual pinbal\users folder?

for IOS and Android

Daryl
                Participant
                  @allknowing2012

table name matches the directb2s filename exactly?

try running vp as admin – perhaps permissions error reading/writing the .txt file.

Pete
                  Participant
                    @wowwie321

Ja,I have the VPX.exe set to administrator.I only hope that there’s  someone clued up who can help me resolve this one!

Jesperpark
                    Participant
                      @jesperpark

I can only offer the fact is I am running the latest everything, and my table plays great without issues.  Okay i have a black line across it for some reason, but i think that is a known bug

As for finding some more “clued up” than Daryl or RandR to help you resolve your issue on this table…. Well I doubt it

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

@Jesperpark : There is a fix for that black line. Believe it was in the support thread. Hit me up if you can’t find it.

Pete
                        Participant
                          @wowwie321

Great,if you have it up and running what suggestions do you have(what did you do & I can duplicate that)?…I’m not disputing that Daryl or RandR is clued up.

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

let me know where the line is…..

Pete
                            Participant
                              @wowwie321

What line are you refering to?

…..anyway while I’m waiting I guess updating this and that cant hurt.

Jesperpark
                              Participant
                                @jesperpark

Looks like it’s the front part of the drawn apron showing across the playfield??  If i delete the apron the line goes as well.

As for your issues Pete, not sure what your problem is being caused by.  I would guess your computer is lacking or the settings you are using.  Would need some more info on your computer setup and a screenshot of your vpx video settings.  Also is this the only game with issues, or are there others with the same problems?

Also to be off topic, did anyone every find a high res pabst can crusher?  That would an awesome addition :yahoo:

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

Looks like it’s the front part of the drawn apron showing across the playfield?? If i delete the apron the line goes as well. As for your issues Pete, not sure what your problem is being caused by. I would guess your computer is lacking or the settings you are using. Would need some more info on your computer setup and a screenshot of your vpx video settings. Also is this the only game with issues, or are there others with the same problems? Also to be off topic, did anyone every find a high res pabst can crusher? That would an awesome addition :yahoo:

I think if you turn off the wall “side” (uncheck) that line will go away….

as for can crusher I will for sure reskin this if we do find good resources…..

Pete
                                  Participant
                                    @wowwie321

I don’t know…even having updated VPinMame etc the backglass fails to initiate.VP9 and PhysMod5  works like a dream.I guess those who have it working right are the lucky ones.I’ve seen a few lag issues posted,specific to VPX,so clearly we arent all in the lucky catagory.

Surely there must be a way the convert .VPX to .VPT .i.e. VPX to VP9 format?

HauntFreaks
                                      @hauntfreaks
                                      vipContributorMember

I don’t know…even having updated VPinMame etc the backglass fails to initiate.VP9 and PhysMod5 works like a dream.I guess those who have it working right are the lucky ones.I’ve seen a few lag issues posted,specific to VPX,so clearly we arent all in the lucky catagory. Surely there must be a way the convert .VPX to .VPT .i.e. VPX to VP9 format?

well its not VPM since this doesnt use it….
                                      the B2S works and I have no lag other than the flipper lag everyone has….
                                      I’m one of the authors of the table, but i’m not running anything different than everyone else…
                                      its not really a lucky or not lucky thing…. I run over 270 VPX table and all work… I can assure you I would never be mistaken as a lucky person…
                                      I do plan on at some point modernizing the table…. will this fix it for you, and others??…. uumm… maybe??

why would anyone make the table a vp9??… what would be the point to that??… we are trying to get to the point where vp9 is obsolete… one table at a time

Pete
                                      Participant
                                        @wowwie321

Whoa Nellie is a great table.The fact that its been recreated by yourself,and others,is commendable,but dont you think that while the teething problems persist.i.e. lag issues,which you have acknowledged is occuring,it would be advantageous to make this table avaliable in the older formats,thus giving all users the options to either go with VP9,or the beta versions of VPX.

Obviously,VP9 and others can’t become obsolete while VPX remains in the beta phase.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Wow! I can’t believe what I just read.

Going backwards makes no sense.

if you have lag your computer is old and you need to upgrade simple as that. Did you ever prprovide  a screen shot of your Video prpreferences?

********************************************************
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

HauntFreaks
                                            @hauntfreaks
                                            vipContributorMember

Whoa Nellie is a great table.The fact that its been recreated by yourself,and others,is commendable,but dont you think that while the teething problems persist.i.e. lag issues,which you have acknowledged is occuring,it would be advantageous to make this table avaliable in the older formats,thus giving all users the options to either go with VP9,or the beta versions of VPX. Obviously,VP9 and others can’t become obsolete while VPX remains in the beta phase.

I’m stuck on VPX is in beta??…. in fact 10.3.1 is a full release of VPX
                                            as for 10.4 being in beta it plays just like a final release
                                            I dont 100% agree with Randr, because I think no matter what version of VP anyone is using it has some lag, its just the nature of the beast….
                                            if your seeing more lag in VPX then VP9, randr is 100% correct, its time for one of two things or both
                                            1)  you have your setting for VPX incorrect for your system
                                            2) its time for the overdue PC/GPU upgrade

building in VP9 is pointless… it would be like wanting a new version of DOOM and building it on the old engine….

I recently seen a recommendation to make sure you set the nvidia driver to FULL dynamic….
                                            people were raving how much better there setup looked….
                                            I did the setting and my setup looked like balls….
                                            I thought how the fuck does everyone else look better and mine didnt….
                                            come to find out my TV was in video mode when it should have been in game/PC mode
                                            I made that change and voilà…. it looked awesome

the moral of that story is…. if it works for the majority, its probably user error for the minority

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?