Zissou – wip

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    cyberpez
    Participant
      @cyberpez

I was/am stalled out for a bit on KK and decided to try and check something off my bucket list.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-zissou-pinball

I’ve had this on the radar for as long as its probably existed.  but I’d only found 3 or 4 pics with low resolution and weird angles..  I started with just a basic redraw of the playfield and started to convert Loserman’s Tiger table. (guys a wizard)  I’d planned on just keeping it for myself, but then it started to not turn out all that bad…  so…  wip

I did finally find one better picture so I could do a little better job redrawing the fish.  I’m taking a few liberties, but until better pics show up I don’t think anyone would notice.

Not sure how elaborate I’ll get with this, but it’s coming together pretty quick.  Anyone have any idea how the ball through works with the window in the apron?  that’s something I would not mind getting to visually work.

I did get an ok picture of the backglass I was able to clean up.  In the movie it looks to just be .. generally lit up…  maybe someone with some backglass skills can come in and make that shine.

Zissou1      Zissou Backglass

Anyone have any ideas on the PF font?  or something close?

img_4485

Attachments:
      2 users thanked author for this post.
      bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

I think L-man’s HI-Lo table has that apron feature! https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/hi-lo-gottlieb-1969/

This looks fascinating!!  I love aqua themed tables.  Looking forward to this!

JR
          Participant
            @jfr1

… even though I was a huge childhood fan of Cousteau, quote Bill Murray lines almost daily, and love some of Wes’s films, I’ve avoided this one.  But I didn’t know Wes had a custom pin made.  Will have to track it down.

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

@jfr1, Life Aquatic might be my favorite Wes Anderson film and that is saying something. Definitely him at his most French New Wave.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              JR
              Loserman76
              Participant
                @loserman76
                vipMemberContributor

Yep – Hi-Lo is one of the tables I did that included that type of apron. It’s a feature on some Italian clones to get around their laws surrounding pinball, free games, and free balls. Instead of giving you a free ball at the shooter, it launched the ball from there when you earned one thus circumventing the laws and making it legal-ish.

cyberpez
                Participant
                  @cyberpez

I think I actually hacked in the extra ball bit under the apron.  Anyone else want to give this a few plays to see if I broke anything?  Seemed ok after a few games.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iqxws57p3o92xw3/AADF8BmYpi_7egMMoLzr00sSa?dl=0

Yeah Life Aquatic if my favorite also.  Check out the Studio Sessions if you have not yet.

https://www.discogs.com/Seu-Jorge-The-Life-Aquatic-Studio-Sessions/master/109409

We have also been watching Fantastic Mr. Fox quite a bit lately and its really grown on me.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                  JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

This is brilliant.  Just ran through a dozen games and to my untrained eye she’s playing perfect.  Had to cheat to check the bonus apron feature out but it’s working on my end!  That kick-back saucer under the apron and L-mans explanation for why it was created is fascinating.  Love how you have the saucer  visible.  Sorry you took a break from KK but glad this table happened while you were ‘taking a break.’   Think I’ll crank up John Denver’s Calypso while playing!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

Ha!  I just earned a legit kick-back, but had my right flipper up when the ball shot out and it boinked it back down the drain.  Lesson learned.  Fun stuff.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

Had to download and watch the film when I saw bords post. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to see what you’ve come up with here CP – with beers, after work, today.  :yahoo:

makmak
                        Participant
                          @makmak

way cool! looks and plays brilliant!

dielated
                          Participant
                            @dielated

Love it! Just added a soundtrack of life aquatic songs to make it perfect ;)

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

Play well enough, and the game doesn’t seem to end at all. Gave up after what must have been 10 balls or so.

cyberpez
                              Participant
                                @cyberpez

Play well enough, and the game doesn’t seem to end at all. Gave up after what must have been 10 balls or so.

Interesting ?

pepin
                                Participant
                                  @pepin

Hey thanks for it!

I watched again the movie last night and had the curiosity to see if i could find table’s vpx :)

Could be the inspiration to design the stickers for my in progress cabinet.

Thanks a lot @cyberpez!

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

Thanks for the bump!  I ‘acquired’ this movie and forgot to watch.  I did watch Bill Murray’s St Vincent recently and wow, oddly compelling movie.

alois
                                    Participant
                                      @alois

@cyperpez wrote:

maybe someone with some backglass skills can come in and make that shine.

How do you like that?

Attachments:
                                    Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?