Darks JP wip

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Nemo
    Participant
      @nemo

This is such an insane good looking table, just read dark’s blog, man such an effort by all.

I applaud

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Here is a Video of wip showing the shadow effects and overall playability

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

I expected you to cheat on the T-Rex. Said to myself – here it comes :-)

Thanks for sharing this video. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this. Looks amazing.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Hey I called two scoop shots! But didn’t want to keep trying the T. rex in video may have been longer video lol

for IOS and Android

Dark
              @dark
              vipMemberContributor

Lol you were looking pro for the scoop shots indeed.  My technique for getting trex shot is to aim for top right kicker with left flipper, then when it kicks back down, hit it with top right flipper.  It’s often recommended to try to feed the top right flipper by going through the pop bumper lane from right flipper, sending the ball around the orbit but I find that’s a much harder shot to time.  Although I suppose that gives you a way to feed the ball to top right flipper from either lower flipper.

3dcreation

rothbauerw
                @rothbauerw
                ModeratorContributorMembervip

The video during game play almost looks like a real table.

Coming soon?  I think you should add a nice JP “Coming Soon” graphic to the side bar with a countdown timer!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Umm… no

for IOS and Android

Dark
                    @dark
                    vipMemberContributor

The video during game play almost looks like a real table. Coming soon? I think you should add a nice JP “Coming Soon” graphic to the side bar with a countdown timer!

Well you made me look for a promo poster pic on google but I came up dry haha.

Yeah Jason’s wife does a good job of filming, she does her best to keep that fat head (Jason) out of the shot which is with out a doubt a hefty challenge.  :P

The video does make the table look good, it looks really 3d with lots of nice depth.  It’s getting closer and closer to being ready for release, however I want it to be really polished so I feel there’s still lots of small things that need to be done and revised before a release.

JPark is my favourite Data East table, and maybe a top overall favourite in general,  I’m a fan of DE tables despite them receiving hate from Bally/William’s purists.  Jpark’s layout has often been compared to TAF or Whirlwind,  all 3 tables have interesting layouts and slight deviations from each other.  I’ll probably get some hate by saying this, but I’ve always thought TAF to be a bit overrated and I actually prefer JPark over it.  The Trex eatting the ball, great artwork/graphics, (I’m a sucker for jungle themed artwork), many game modes and various multiballs including a 6 ball multiball.

3dcreation

toxie
                    Participant
                      @toxie
                      VP DEVMember

indeed looks like a real table if you look quickly at the video. great work!!

TNT2
                      Participant
                        @tnt2

Umm… no

:yes:

TNT2
                        Participant
                          @tnt2

The video during game play almost looks like a real table. Coming soon? I think you should add a nice JP “Coming Soon” graphic to the side bar with a countdown timer!

Well you made me look for a promo poster pic on google but I came up dry haha. Yeah Jason’s wife does a good job of filming, she does her best to keep that fat head (Jason) out of the shot which is with out a doubt a hefty challenge. :P The video does make the table look good, it looks really 3d with lots of nice depth. It’s getting closer and closer to being ready for release, however I want it to be really polished so I feel there’s still lots of small things that need to be done and revised before a release. JPark is my favourite Data East table, and maybe a top overall favourite in general, I’m a fan of DE tables despite them receiving hate from Bally/William’s purists. Jpark’s layout has often been compared to TAF or Whirlwind, all 3 tables have interesting layouts and slight deviations from each other. I’ll probably get some hate by saying this, but I’ve always thought TAF to be a bit overrated and I actually prefer JPark over it. The Trex eatting the ball, great artwork/graphics, (I’m a sucker for jungle themed artwork), many game modes and various multiballs including a 6 ball multiball.

I agree. Data East has produced some fantastic tables.

Still hoping for a Phantom of the Opera VPX.

The Loafer
                          Participant
                            @theloafer

Hey there, in week 2 of full pincab re-setup so I’ve been testing a couple of VP10 tables and I’m blown away and yes, the last video Jason posted, there are times when the ball is playing off the flippers I’d swear that’s a real table.  Everything looks fantastic, I can’t wait to play this.  I never used to be the biggest Data East fan but VP has come some way in making me a fan and it’s not just a couple of tables too.  Yes, I always liked Star Wars and JPark is a classic (serious, that T-Rex eating the ball, what a top notch gimmick!).  But because of VP, I’ve become a very big fan of Last Action Hero, Time Machine and Tales from the Crypt and still discovering more of what made the Data East so much fun, and in turn made me appreciate the Sega pins too (which share the same board tech).  Just this past weekend at the Ottawa Pinball and Game Room Show, I got to play a Baywatch, a BAYWATCH now, and I didn’t like it, I LOVED it. I was amazed at how many shots that game has.

Anyway I digress, back to your WIP, you guys are doing fantastic work. I’ve had my work cut out trying to update everything but I suspect this one will be the cream of the crop.  Can’t wait!

TerryRed
                              @terryred
                              MemberContributorModerator

Hey there, in week 2 of full pincab re-setup so I’ve been testing a couple of VP10 tables and I’m blown away and yes, the last video Jason posted, there are times when the ball is playing off the flippers I’d swear that’s a real table. Everything looks fantastic, I can’t wait to play this. I never used to be the biggest Data East fan but VP has come some way in making me a fan and it’s not just a couple of tables too. Yes, I always liked Star Wars and JPark is a classic (serious, that T-Rex eating the ball, what a top notch gimmick!). But because of VP, I’ve become a very big fan of Last Action Hero, Time Machine and Tales from the Crypt and still discovering more of what made the Data East so much fun, and in turn made me appreciate the Sega pins too (which share the same board tech). Just this past weekend at the Ottawa Pinball and Game Room Show, I got to play a Baywatch, a BAYWATCH now, and I didn’t like it, I LOVED it. I was amazed at how many shots that game has. Anyway I digress, back to your WIP, you guys are doing fantastic work. I’ve had my work cut out trying to update everything but I suspect this one will be the cream of the crop. Can’t wait!

Are you kidding me? I didn’t know that expo was here! I live in Ottawa now, and could have gone. Majorly bummed….   :(

…but yes one of my favorite tables is looking beautiful.  I always loved the Data East tables.

The Loafer
                              Participant
                                @theloafer

yeah we’ve had it 5 of the last 6 years, over at Nepean Sportsplex this past weekend.  Over 100 pins and about 20 vids too.  We also have pinball leagues around Ottawa too and two local arcades (House of Targ and can’t remember the other one).  We will have to get together sometime!

Dark:  If I recall you aren’t too far away, lot’s of people from T.O. come over to the show, next year stay at my place (if you promise to behave!)

TerryRed
                                  @terryred
                                  MemberContributorModerator

yeah we’ve had it 5 of the last 6 years, over at Nepean Sportsplex this past weekend. Over 100 pins and about 20 vids too. We also have pinball leagues around Ottawa too and two local arcades (House of Targ and can’t remember the other one). We will have to get together sometime! Dark: If I recall you aren’t too far away, lot’s of people from T.O. come over to the show, next year stay at my place (if you promise to behave!)

Been to House of Targ a few times (all you can play Sun night $5!), and the is Ottawa Pinball Arcade (which is run by Pinball Medics guy, all you can play $10 Friday, I believe).

isuck@pinball&life
                                  Participant
                                    @isuckpinballandlife

……… JPark is my favourite Data East table, and maybe a top overall favourite in general, I’m a fan of DE tables despite them receiving hate from Bally/William’s purists. …./quote]

Amen to this, sister!

rothbauerw
                                      @rothbauerw
                                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

Getting excited for Jurassic Park!  Any updates on progress?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Dark
                                        @dark
                                        vipMemberContributor

Getting excited for Jurassic Park! Any updates on progress?

I had a couple really busy weeks with real life so I personally didn’t get too much done in that time but I did my best to keep randr busy with lots of odds and ends and scripting options etc.

Added in different ball options, including glow balls as per flupper’s concept.  I also got some new DE flippers from flupper as well.  There will also be the option to turn off the shadow flashers for people with performance issues (older machines).

I’ve been tweaking lighting a bit and adding in missing parts like ramp flaps and rivets etc.  So in other words no single thing that’s really show worthy just a bunch of small stuff.

I’d say it’s around 90% or more complete now, a release is imminent, I just want to be overly thorough with this one.

3dcreation

Scotty VH
                                          @scottt
                                          ModeratorMember

DANG!  That video is SO cool!  I love how you can see the ball move from scoop to scoop, how you can see the winged dinosaurs on the right move, and of course the animation of the T-Rex.  All awesome!!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?