Gemini (Gottlieb 1978)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

Gemini (Gottlieb 1978)

This is probably my favorite table I have built, I just love the look and while it can be a drain monster when you get a good ball it is a lot of fun.

This started as some very dirty blank playfield images I found online.  I decided to run with that theme and went for a dark, dirty, faded, rusty look for the whole thing with much help from hauntfreaks and sliderpoint on dirtying and cleaning up the graphics (sounds odd, but that’s my story).

Hold down left flipper key for options menu before starting game.
      directb2s included
      DOF by arngrim DOF factory
      backglass photo by scottamus on Flickr (he has a nice collection of very good shots out there)

FS settings in the table are for my cab which has the playfield in portrait mode, POV files included for landscape and portrait.

8 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I dont think i had this before? I must have missed it on other sites. like the look of it will try this tonight thanks!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

saecrow
        Participant
          @saecrow

This, is a very cool table. . . love the look of it! Hope to see more in this style :good:   Great work by all involved! Thank you!

Andypc
          Participant
            @andypc

Please can we have a version with a clean apron.

BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

hmmm, whole can of worms if I start editing this table, a rabbit hole I’m not ready to head down (maybe someday).  but if you just want a clean apron, plunger cover and arch i did a quick fit of some of my standard images so they will work on this table.  import the images in the attached file (Table, Image Manager), then assign the respective files to the respective parts.  or in the image manager find the apron, plunger cover and rusty arch images and do a reimport from over those and then you don’t need to find the parts and change them.  Note these are quickly done so not perfectly fit to this table, but are close, and of course everything else will still be old and dirty.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Hmm. I love the way it looks already. But, sure, maybe at least have a peek at what it would look like. Have a feeling you got a long time plan of doing the swap via menu again for this one as well ?

Anyway – thank you.

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

Have a feeling you got a long time plan of doing the swap via menu again for this one as well ?

Maybe, there are compromises with that approach, mainly that you can’t actually swap the playfield image dynamically so one of them has to be on a ramp or something, and then it loses reflections.  I do have some images I found somewhere, sometime of a nicer playfield and I have them stitched together, but still needs much work to get to a useable playfield image, and have images of newer plastics as well, so mostly I have what it needs to make a “clean” version of this, but there are other things that my ocd would make me upgrade as well if I started in on the table, and I’m going through one of my other ones at the moment, and even that is a lot of work.  And I’m in the middle of 3 more (or more) builds, and my real pinball machines, and working on learning how to make one of my original VP designs into a real pinball machine (and not even done in vp yet), and… well you get the idea.  This hobby kind of takes over  :wacko:

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

LOL – yes, I do understand. Quite bitten myself.

Andypc
                    Participant
                      @andypc

Thank for the Zip file :good:   I love the old look, but think it looks nicer with the clean apron and arch. All set-up and looking great. Thanks

bord
                        @bord
                        MembervipContributorModerator

I’ve said it before but it is worth repeating. This was my gateway table into EMs. Even with an update I couldn’t part with the original. One of my all time favorite VP tables to play and to look at.

doogie
                        Participant
                          @doogie

After playing HF’s CARtoons, I came back to this table to give it another try.  There seems to be a bug though (real bug, not a roach), when all the drop targets are down, they don’t reset and increase the bonus multiplier.

BorgDog
                          Participant
                            @borgdog
                            MemberContributorvip

yeah, probably a bug.  drop targets has been an issue with the detecting them all down for a while that has been fixed since this one was made but I need to update the script to do it right… I’ll add it to the list :)

vogliadicane
                            Participant
                              @vogliadicane

Oh man, I love the artwork and charm of this area’s pins and this one is a great recreation!

Out of lazyness I was sure there is a pov file for FS in this thread, but there isn’t one. Here is mine.

Now that I post here two questions:

– I get no DOF for the top bumpers, anything else is ok. Is it just me?

– My cab uses “3” as coin in button. This one as many others uses “5” and I’m tired of changing that over and over again in the script. I think, there is a code for controller.vbs which for ever and ever solves that. Can anybody help?

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

This table, like all mine should, uses if keycode=AddCreditKey  for the script to add credits.  The addcreditkey is set in VP by going to Preferences then Keys, Nudge and DOF.  Click on Add Credit and then in your case the number 3 and that should set Add Credit for all tables you load in VP, it is a VP setting not a table setting.  If it does not save that setting then there are other things wrong (likely permissions).

Capture-2

Attachments:
                                Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Hard coding the key-codes in the script to anything else than BorgDog does is a sin we should make sure is eradicated.

vogliadicane
                                  Participant
                                    @vogliadicane

agree with both of you and well, I knew that before. Nevertheless your comments made me look after a looooong time into my keys settings again.

And though I could have sworn it is different, I actually had set Add credit to “5” and credit 2 to “3”. But the cab’s coin button is on “3”. What a nonsense. :whistle: I’ll repair that.

Thanks for the heads up!

united kingdom
                                    Participant
                                      @rockhouse

fantastic table you can almost smell the history more like

this please, some people have ocd on tables its nice to have perfection

but perfection can come later

this table looks and plays superb many thanks :yahoo:

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog
                                        MemberContributorvip

new update posted, see changelog for details.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                        randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

:good: thank you

********************************************************
                                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

Thank you very much for the update !

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?