Removing version check from PBX?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

I thought I saw here a few months back a guide on disabling the ability for pinballx to check versions and force you to download a “new” version…

It doesn’t even look like he’s updating PBX anymore, the changelog on the last few releases is empty, likely just an update to the date check so we have to download a new copy every 10 weeks – anyways I have no need for constant updates, it works fine as it is, how do I disable it?

Punch it!

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

man I sure hear this…. there has never been anything implemented into the new versions that have been asked for over and over for a couple years now, but you can put custom text on every page, whoohoo!!   sab because I love the frontend…

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

I just can’t imagine any non-nefarious reasons for completely disabling the software when a new version is released. I am fine with the software but it’s hard not to imagine a future, with their partnership, where it’s no longer free…..

Punch it!

robwaade
          Participant
            @robwaade

i just disconnect from internet when using pinball x that solved it for me

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Download 2.30 or newer and it doesn’t expire. One of the newer changes has been adding topper support and adding fuzzy match to game manager. Not updating changelog is really poor on his behalf, I agree.

If you really don’t want to upgrade – then this should help, in the same thread there is some info about blocking the program via windows firewall.

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/18663-resolved-version-expired-please-download-new-version/?do=findComment&comment=164506

I only can confirm that this is working for 2.28, which I was using at that time.

Jodannar
              Participant
                @jodannar

Topper support was added recently, that was asked for by some. I’d personally like dynamic lists so you could just have a search tag for titles rather than all different xml outputs. It is still being updated and worked on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HauntFreaks
                  @hauntfreaks
                  vipContributorMember

Topper support was added recently, that was asked for by some. I’d personally like dynamic lists so you could just have a search tag for titles rather than all different xml outputs. It is still being updated and worked on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be happy if you could customize what it does look for within the xml…then we could have it look for whatever era…. EM or SS ….. any system, any manufacturer… all these are already being looked at, so it isnt asking for something new, it’s just expanding on what is already there…
                  also for us cavemen that still use screenshots for our media…. why can’t it just put it in the correct folder?? so if I’m screen shotting a vp10 just put it in the correct folders in the vp10 media folder…. its just basic stuff….. I’m not trivializing the work thats put into PBX but these are thing that have been ask for, for a long time….
                  and god forbid you ask on there forum… they answer you , like your talking in tongues….

RustyCardores
                    @rustycardores
                    MemberModerator

That’s where PBXrecorder has become invaluable Haunt…. it just records & chucks table/BG media where it needs be

HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

That’s where PBXrecorder has become invaluable Haunt…. it just records & chucks table/BG media where it needs be

I’m a hard drive space hoarder…. so I just use screenshot, no videos

jbg4208
                      Participant
                        @jbg4208

It can do that also.  :good:   I use play field and dmd videos but the back glass is just images.

HauntFreaks
                          @hauntfreaks
                          vipContributorMember

It can do that also. :good: I use play field and dmd videos but the back glass is just images.

oh really??…. now i’m interested…. I will be looking into this…

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Just edit your host file and add pnballx to local host

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                              @hauntfreaks
                              vipContributorMember

when using the PBX’s screenshot say vp10 media folder
                              PBX instead of putting the lets say backglass screenshot in the backglass folder, it makes a new folder
                              Screen Grabs Backglass and put the screenshots of all VP10 backglasses in there…. not into there correct folder
                              so then you have to move the file into the backglass folder manually…
                              Capture-3

Attachments:
                              randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

yeah always been like that :negative: maybe option in settings to change but never looked

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

if its there… I never found it… just lots of unanswered requests ….  :cry:

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

But if you import from online i bet it puts in proper place. PFFT problem is wheels mostly suck from that

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                                      @hauntfreaks
                                      vipContributorMember

plus I don’t want what someone else setup looks like…. but i’m sure you’re right….

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Most are very old wheel images. Very old

for IOS and Android

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

IMG_7491

Example of what imported for joust. Yes just adding my own build to the cab :( wheel looks great huh

oops edit… adding screen

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                                          freneticamnesic
                                            @freneticamnesic
                                            vipModeratorMember

that wheel image is…substandard

Punch it!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?