Transformers VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    diemonik
    Participant
      @diemonik

:-(

CarnyPriest
      Participant
        @carnypriest

Not that it helps with your script issues, but I did send some card textures your way:

Transformers VPX wip

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

Uh-oh. What happened?

diemonik
          Participant
            @diemonik

I stopped making tables , very little help and i no feedback , i sent this file and re-did this tables so many times and got so many messages ignore by the people that “offered Help ” that i gave up ,  its a boomer cause i liked developing tables and learned blender just for it , but if anyone wants to continue i give permission to redo all my table  , no need to request .

1 user thanked author for this post.
            toxie
            Participant
              @toxie
              VP DEVMember

Don’t let yourself be pulled down by something like that.

That’s just how normal life works. It’s also even how it works for us VP/(V)PM developers. Sometimes we are lucky and get extremely enthusiastic help like for example from DJRobX, who also stay around for support and questions afterwards, and sometimes we also just get some half-finished patches or ideas from people and then they vanish again quickly and we have to clean up the mess.

So please continue on what you’re doing, especially as you improved so much with your work.

STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

diemonik, i sent you a THANKS – not for the End – but of Course for your Works – don’t end here, there is no reason for that,
                i am sure, Authors are busy atm. (maybe also IR) with other Projects and come back to you soon … :good:

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

I agree with toxie and stat.

Some people just get busy with other projects or real life stuff. Plus this vp stuff takes time for sure! Sometimes weeks but sometimes months or years to complete a build.

Please don’t get discouraged

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

diemonik
                  Participant
                    @diemonik

yeah I know ,  I spend quite some time on it ….   all files are there if some one would like to continue  , i just could not delete the wip topic .. but thanks  :unsure:

DJRobX
                      @djrobx
                      MemberModerator

Don’t let yourself be pulled down by something like that. That’s just how normal life works. It’s also even how it works for us VP/(V)PM developers. Sometimes we are lucky and get extremely enthusiastic help like for example from DJRobX, who also stay around for support and questions afterwards, and sometimes we also just get some half-finished patches or ideas from people and then they vanish again quickly and we have to clean up the mess. So please continue on what you’re doing, especially as you improved so much with your work.

He’s actually complaining about me.  He’s apparently unhappy because I haven’t jumped back onto his table.    I started coding work on a certain WIP revision he sent a while ago.     He sent me a new one, but all the light IDs are wrong and don’t match my old script (I spent hours re-mapping them before).    So forgive me if I’m not super excited about spending another 3 hours re-numbering things.  It’s a lot of work and we’re still missing a lot of 3D primitives for the LE toys; the upper playfield and Starscream areas aren’t done (and those are the areas that will really require script attention).

Get the table more complete – get someone to finish the models (I can’t do that!), and then I’m very happy to get back to finishing the script.    But don’t get mad because other people don’t finish your work for you, on your schedule.  We’re all doing this for free, for fun, out of a labor of love.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                      Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

Kind of feel guilty myself from this story. Sent of my mod to Hauntfreaks and then another version. To my defense, I didn’t know he started any work on the first release. I believe it easy to get a bit blind to what you are doing in the moment. I’ve learned a few things outside of VP itself from my little project. If I’m to change/mod/make anything for the future, I’ll do some changes to the way I communicate.

diemonik
                        Participant
                          @diemonik

Actually your the only one that reply to me and help me DJRob , so I dont know why you think its you , So thanks for Your help … I did it for free, for fun, out of a labor of love too , It a shame you took it to another level… “But don’t get mad because other people don’t finish your work for you, on your schedule”  ignorance= is a very good reason to stop developing table …  I only ask for guidance , not to do it for me , And no one did. You can really script , I hope you can actually Read, that its not about You .. but this proves it… Thanks and Good Luck

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Like i said these Tables don’t get done in weeks but most take many months if not longer. I hope you keep doing what your good at and hope you get the help with the stuff you cannot do.

I have MANY tables that i have contributed work on or built that may NEVER get released including my own builds. Just the way things go sometimes.

I really think you just need to concentrate on what you can do with the build and eventually who knows will come around and help.

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

DJRobX
                              @djrobx
                              MemberModerator

Actually your the only one that reply to me and help me DJRob , so I dont know why you think its you

You are complaining that nobody helped you finish the script.    You sent me a version that I haven’t replied to yet because I haven’t really had the kind of time that will be needed for a project of this magnitude.   So who else would it be?   I’m not “taking anything to another level”.   I even said I’d be happy to finish it but there are other parts that really ought to be finished first.

I still don’t really understand what your complaint is.   People will help you if they’re motivated to.  Be grateful when they do, but complaining when they don’t makes it seem like you don’t appreciate the hard work that goes into the things you’re asking for.

You were getting better at VPX.  You said you were learning blender.    I bet you could start figuring out how to do things in the scripts too.    Keep going!   Or if you’re not enjoying it anymore (as what seems to be the case here) then stop.  But there’s no need for the dramatic exit, IMHO.

I myself got to a point where I wasn’t enjoying this scene, so I took a break for a couple years.

TerryRed
                                @terryred
                                MemberContributorModerator

I can understand what DJRob’s frustration is, when it comes to having to completely update a table’s script again when there’s a new version of a table available.

When I add DOFLinx to a FP table, I have to completely reverse engineer the script on some tables to understand what is going on. I don’t just add simple DOF commands to some simple triggers.

The stuff I do on some table’s like SLAMT1LT’s is very extensive. Since my DOFLinx code doesn’t become part of the table permanently by him (which is fine), ANY update of the table needs to have my DOFLinx Timers, Triggers, and code completely re-inserted.  To copy a DOFLinx mod of a table to a new version of the table will take up to at least 4 hours on a SLAMT1LT table!  Star Wars DSA was updated 4 times within 2 weeks by me. That’s 16 hours…and that’s before adding in MX leds!

This stuff takes time and patience. If someone can’t help anymore, don’t take it personally. Use it as an opportunity to try something you are weaker at. Baby steps….

Parakaleo
                                Participant
                                  @parakaleo

:wacko:   , I was just checking , wow , hope Diemon continues ,Wish i could help …

Parakaleo
                                  Participant
                                    @parakaleo

Yes , DJrob maybe got upset , but could have be handle in a better way , I think … now they are both upset

Andypc
                                    Participant
                                      @andypc

Diemonik, take a break and enjoy yourself. Come back to this when you are ready and I am sure people will offer help and support. We all know how much time and effort goes into creating tables in VP and can assure you it is really appreciated.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      DJRobX
                                        @djrobx
                                        MemberModerator

I can understand what DJRob’s frustration is, when it comes to having to completely update a table’s script again when there’s a new version of a table available.

Yep exactly.     No wrongdoing on his part there, I just hadn’t gotten back to it because it’s not fun re-doing a lot of the same work over again.

HauntFreaks
                                          @hauntfreaks
                                          vipContributorMember

ok… so I wasn’t going to post this, but now i feel I must….  this is not meant to hurt anyones feels, were all adult men, and should have thick enough skin to take constructive criticism

these tables that were started, need ssoooooo much it would take people with more passion then most have… tables like Transformers are normally build by someone that has a passion for “that” table…. this is a complex build… and one on here can start a table that, keyword “start”… but for it to come to fruition, it would take complex 3d model makers, high end coders… to finish, that not teamwork….

when you see a table say like Jurassic Park, being built, …it was started by a 3d modeler (Dark) so one of the biggest job is now checked off the list, he recruited, a minimum of 3 graphic designers, and a coder that been doing this for many years (Randr), so thats called having your ducks in a row… that why a complex table like Jurassic Park will get finished, not just thrown together willy nilly and expected that people will just jump in and finish the mess

he asked me to look at the table Radical (know i was a skater more then half my life) graphically I could have made the table work, but this table has a complex ramp system…so I look at it like this, do i spend my time doing the graphics for a table that there isnt even a person on the team that could pull off these ramps??… anyway I wasn’t going to take the risk of the table sitting in perpetual limbo ….

my point is before a table have it first post layed down, there needs to be a plan, a team assembled , jobs assigned, and an audit taken , can this table be complete by this group of people… if one piece is missing that piece needs to be found before the job is started…..

so if your a VP Player, and you’re reading this… when you play those tables that are really really good…. it because what you read above was executed…. and executed for FREE and don’t just magically appear ….also be amazed that most of these take people from all around the globe to get finished… that concept still amazes me

somewhere this concept was lost on Diemonik and it why it needed to come to this, IMO

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          diemonik
                                          Participant
                                            @diemonik

You make absolute sence Hauntfreaks , I never wanted to make anyone feel preasure or upset, I never saw it how you put it in your reply, And i understand , but a simple reply would been good to know were i was , or that the table was too complex for me to task it.. It does make sence how you put it.. some feedback would had been great, so for new developers better communication could help ,  Thanks for the reply At least your is respectful , Yes i miss the mark , i hope other dont … Good luck all

:bye:

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 91 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?