Reply To: Total Nuclear Annihilation – Welcome to the Future Edition

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

This is probably a silly question, BUT …

I like to keep 2 versions of any table that pup packs are made for … 1). The pup version, and 2.) The original non-pup version.

Previously, the pup packs are made for rom tables, and I add the line: .PuPHide = 1 to the table script after the “.Games(cGameName).Settings.value(“sound”) = 1” line that is commonly found to the copy of the table I don’t want to run the pup pack. This has worked for every other table, thus far.

For this table , I can’t seem to find the where to put that line in the script because there isn’t a “.Games(cGameName).Settings.value(“sound”) = 1” line anywhere.

Is there a line I can put somewhere to make this work?

BTW: Great work and thank to everyone involved – this is a great pup-pack!

I guess I made things too easy with this table :)

Well “mostly”…

For this table…there isn’t a pup / no pup version. It’s now all the same. You simply disable the pup features on the line:

Const UsePinup = 1 '0 = Off. 1 = Enable PinUp Player features (pup-pack, pupdmd)

I updated the table so that it will check to see if pup is installed. If pup is not installed at all…. it doesn’t matter if you have pup enabled in the table script… the table will then NOT use any PuP functions at all. They are completely bypassed. If pup is installed and the above line is disabled… it does the same things and wont use any pup features.

So if you want a pup and non-pup table…. make a copy of the table and disable that line…. BUT….

…that doesn’t stop the pup-pack from “starting up” because in this case the pupb2s driver kicks in and starts the pup-pack when B2S server is used (for directb2s and DOF support).

So you would also need to use one of the methods on this page to stop the pup-pack from starting up:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_optional

I prefer Option 2 (and I fought tooth and nail to get that added) because it works with everything when using Popper.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?