007 Goldeneye

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    jipeji16
    Participant
      @jipeji16

Hi Thalamus ;) ;)

Could you tell me what is the good panning parameter for you ? No way for me on my sound system to take care of that…

Thanks ;)

xphilou29
      Participant
        @xphilou29

Merci beaucoup JPJ et la team PP, superbe table!! :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Hi Thalamus ;) ;)

Could you tell me what is the good panning parameter for you ? No way for me on my sound system to take care of that…

Thanks ;)

Here. I deleted all custom adjustments in sound manager. That took care of it for me. I was surprised that I could actually pick all samples, then go into position and just press OK and they all went back to default. If that is a bug, then it is a great bug I don’t want to have fixed ;) I’m just confused when someone said that the flipper where especially good and for me they where totally misplaced. That was the only thing I needed to do and now I enjoy the table very much.

Pinbolt
          Participant
            @pinbolt

Please help me with the metal sidewalls in the desktop view.

The table looks so good but the short sidewalls …

JBSide

jipeji16
            Participant
              @jipeji16

Yes Pinbolt, i have to rebuild them ;) ;) it’s on the way ;)

Sanchez77
              Participant
                @sanchez77

Thalamus maybe I’m way out of my element as I don’t have SSF (yet) but using a 2.1 and Buttkicker Gamer shaker. The left flipper has a nice thump to it bu maybe it shouldnt have any at all? Maybe that sound should be somewhere else like you had stated.  My buttkicker is not connected via LFE, only stereo splitter.  It is only cross-overed through its own amp to pull the low frequency.

batch
                Participant
                  @batch

Thanks to all involved, this table is perfection

And it should be very expected because it seems you’re beating the download world record in a day !

I’m a desktop user, and, for information, the dmd is visible on the top left of the screen,

so I just added “.hidden = 1” below line 117 in the script

hidden

I also like to do backdrops for the desktop view and I did this one, but it’s just an alternate one to yours

Goldeneye WS

W25ARE
                  Participant
                    @w25are

This table is really nice, thanks for all the effort involved in making it! One minor thing that affected me was that I found the magnet noise rather overpowering. So I changed the volume in the script from 40 to 1 & now its perfect ;-)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                    nmooer
                    Participant
                      @nmooermidrivers-com

Thank You so Much! Going to give it a shot!

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Thalamus maybe I’m way out of my element as I don’t have SSF (yet) but using a 2.1 and Buttkicker Gamer shaker. The left flipper has a nice thump to it bu maybe it shouldnt have any at all? Maybe that sound should be somewhere else like you had stated. My buttkicker is not connected via LFE, only stereo splitter. It is only cross-overed through its own amp to pull the low frequency.

I don’t have a buttkicker, but, I’m quite curtain that any sound that has a low freq will make that activate. So, if you don’t have 7.1 – well, then it will not be important where the sound is coming from. You will feel it coming from the cab and that’s about it. What I’m getting at is that they placed the flippers panned way up in the left corner, I’ve never seen flippers up there. Once you get 7.1, you’ll know what I’m talking about ;) It obviously had to be done by someone that doesn’t have a ssf setup. Not a big issue though. Once reset, the code in the script is putting the sound where it really belongs.

jipeji16
                        Participant
                          @jipeji16

So if I understand correctly, the panoramic parameters of the sound manager have priority over the script? or does it accentuate it?

I thought the script had priority…

joeplainfield
                          Participant
                            @joeplainfield

I’ve never actually played this machine before, so was looking forward to it and following your progress on Facebook. When I started this, I’m thinking ‘ Why an I getting 60Hz hum? ‘. Thought I had a bad ground in an amp somewhere.. Took me a few plays to figure it out.  Thanks for all the work you guys did on this. Fun machine.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

So if I understand correctly, the panoramic parameters of the sound manager have priority over the script? or does it accentuate it?

I thought the script had priority…

I’m surprised to see this myself. But, yes, it seems so. I should have tested this a long time ago. But, almost all tables had everything set to default, so I didn’t really do it because everything was working and I’m no stranger to take the short route if it works. Maybe it is so that if the default location is zero in all values, then the script will work ?! I’ve got no idea as I haven’t read the sourcecode for vpx, and I bet I wouldn’t be any wiser if I did either ;)

jipeji16
                              Participant
                                @jipeji16

;) So i think, in the week, there ll be another version with little corrections ;) ;)

Thanks Thalamus (another thing learned) and thanks to all of you for your nice comments ;)

JPJ

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

Finally got a chance to try it out while wife naps during “mother’s day she gets full attention” :).  SO the real goldeneye, IF I PLAYED IT, I honestly think it must have been in poor shape because it did not provide a good impression.  This seems to be the case with a few Sega’s, perhaps bad luck but playing them in VPX (and VR!) has upped my appreciation.  First it was Frankenstein and now this one! (well Frankenstein I played was a good one, but it just didn’t hit home).

The game is a lot of fun and yes that dish multiball is actually quite exciting!  In VR, I do find the dish and the top helicopter have rough edges around them, could be because they are not static so an effect of the animation but that’s about the only constructive type negative comment I can provide.  The flow is really good, the multiballs are fun and it’s a better game than I thought for sure.  Well done JP and team!  Superb job.  This table in VR is also quite outstanding, the LUT settings are cool to switch on the fly.

I can’t honestly believe the tons of fantastic releases lately!

PlayerXXX
                                  Participant
                                    @playerxxx

Great Table!  question, is there supposed to be music and other sound effects?  Not hearing anything, something I need to do in the script?  I checked the ROM and USE SOUNDS is selected.

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

No, it should work right out of the bat as long as the rom is correct. You’ve checked it via setup – right ?

PlayerXXX
                                      Participant
                                        @playerxxx

No, it should work right out of the bat as long as the rom is correct. You’ve checked it via setup – right ?

Well, umm… how would i check it via set up?  The ROM loads and the table is playable, just not hearing much in the way of sound or music, just all the special effects.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

You go into the table. You find the cgamename=xxxx – that is the rom name. You start setup.exe – you scroll to the rom and you check that vpm finds all the files ans says OK on all of them.

vothar
                                          Participant
                                            @vothar

i got this problem when i try to delete the nvram of this game to do a factory reset … at the next launch, all were working apart music and sound effect.

i think there is something by default in the rom that set the music and effects volume set to zero… as soon as i restored my nvram file, the music and effect were back.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 110 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?