Arrrrgggghhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Phil Docker
    Participant
      @dock

Well tonight – I finally got round to putting the screen into my MK2 cabinet.  I had the whole thing de-cased weeks ago, and had everything working.
      Tonight I placed it all in the cabinet, and noticed A LARGE CRACK on the screen !!! so time to purchase another 39/40″ TV.

Dont know how it got damaged.  I am always very careful with these screens…..

A bit of an expensive mistake ehh???

These are the kind of mishaps you can not budget for whilst building.

Anyone else here had ‘expensive’ lessons building cabinets??

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I broke one once. I will never break another i will tell you that. i had it out of cab and stepped right on the corner! totally my mistake

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Phil Docker
        Participant
          @dock

I wouldn’t mind so much if I actually knew how I damaged it.  The fairies did it!!!

Annoyingly my build was THAT CLOSE to me playing a game in it.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Phil docker it sucks and sorry to here about the tv. when decased some tv’s are very flimsy dont take much. what brand model tv so we know to maybe not use it de-cased

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Pinball Shawn
            Participant
              @pinballshawn

I cracked one once. And put a scratch on a bg monitor from a bracket that was a touch too high. They damage very easily, I will never decase another monitor when building a cab. It’s easy to find one with a super thin case that will fit in perfect as is.

Phil Docker
              Participant
                @dock

Its a Toshiba Regaza 40 inch – I used a 37 inch in my Mk1 cab and that was great.

I bought another 40 inch toshiba – a better model and found that the whole screen is too thick which would mean more routing in my cab, so I am going to order from ebay a new screen panel for the original one.  However I plan to make a wooden frame this time to strengthen it.

AndersE
                Participant
                  @anderse

I had some mishap with my screen too, I had it standing in the same room i saw’ed the parts to the cab. Some sawdust had found it’s way into the screen

and is stuck between the backlight and the lcd. So when bright image i can see some small specks. But it is only on 2-3 places, one dustspeck per place and

only in the outer parts of the screen. It almost looks like it does when a fly has taken a shit on the monitor ;)

But it’s not visible at all when playing, so i don’t care.

Krille 81
                  Participant
                    @krille81

I broked a backslag screen too :( i have tooked it out from the cab and stupid as i was i placed over the refrigator. And a fel days later then my wife opened the refrigator The screen fell down and cracked. I have bought a new one now.

Skickat från min E2303 via Tapatalk

RustyCardores
                      @rustycardores
                      MemberModerator

I broked a backslag screen too :( i have tooked it out from the cab and stupid as i was i placed over the refrigator. And a fel days later then my wife opened the refrigator The screen fell down and cracked. I have bought a new one now. Skickat från min E2303 via Tapatalk

I’ve been thinking about buying a new wife too. Where did you get yours?  :wacko:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?