Black Belt (Bally 1986) V1.0 – sp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Sliderpoint
    Participant
      @sliderpoint
      MemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=176766

I made this table a LONG time ago but didn’t put it out because I couldn’t get the ROM emulation to work correctly.  Thanks to DjRobX for looking into it back then.    JP released his version of this table a couple days back.  I looked at his and compared and fixed mine to work.   JP’s is nice and clean and fast.  Check it out here.  Mine is the opposite of that. It has a crappy patchwork of graphics and plays much slower.  Anyways I thought I would put it up for folks to check out.  Maybe someone will mashup good parts of the two.

Thanks to JPSalas, Destruk and DJRobX.

Total of 21 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      vogliadicane
      Participant
        @vogliadicane

It’s raining tables, halleluhja! Cool, lot to do and have fun tonight. Thanks a lot Sliderpoint. :good:

Ben Logan2
        Participant
          @benlogan2

Great to see you, Sliderpoint! Thanks for the beautiful table. Will enjoy it tonight.

:)

PlayerXXX
          Participant
            @playerxxx

table loads sideways (Landscape).   How do I put it in portrait?

JR
            Participant
              @jfr1

In the editor – set XY rotation to 270 @playerxxx .  But that’s just the start of setting the pov.  Google!

This table is crazy weird!!  Fun!  Now…if only those were Black Belt babes in the graphics.  You out there @hauntfreaks ??

Sliderpoint
              Participant
                @sliderpoint
                MemberContributor

table loads sideways (Landscape). How do I put it in portrait?

Sorry I don’t have a Landscape POV file. I’m sure someone will upload one or you can adjust yourself with instructions as always found here: https://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

robertms
                Participant
                  @mophead

Hey Mike, great to see you posting again! Love your version of Black Belt, I think it looks and plays more authentic for a Bally game from 1986. Thanks for sharing it!

Here is a landscape POV for those needing some help:

black_belt_sliderpoint_POV

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

I really enjoyed playing this yesterday Mike. Thank you very much !

Manolo / ICE
                    Participant
                      @kamerik

Thank you sliderpoint :)

BeachBumTN
                      Participant
                        @beachbumtn

Thanks Slider, always enjoy your work.  I am sure I am not the only one who keeps multiple versions of some tables. In many cases they each bring something different and it is enjoyable to play them all. Thanks for sharing and look forward to playing this one today.

roccodimarco
                        Participant
                          @roccodimarco

Hey Mike, great to see you posting again! Love your version of Black Belt, I think it looks and plays more authentic for a Bally game from 1986. Thanks for sharing it!

I gotta agree. Jps looks great but this table plays great! After watching a lot of videos on this table, this one really seems to capture the feel of the game. I also enjoy the sounds and “rough” images. I feel like I’m playing an old table. Great work dude, I hope you have more tables up your sleeve. Your tables have a very realistic feel to them!

roccodimarco
                          Participant
                            @roccodimarco

So I have played this table every night since it’s been released and it’s slowly becoming one of my favorite tables on the cab. One thing I have noticed. The ramp shots at the top are made to volley the ball back and fourth.

Successfully volleying the ball back and forth awards you with different bonuses. Going from the right ramp to the left can be done, but hitting from the left to right I don’t believe can be done. When the ball is volleyed from the left side to the right, the angle the ball comes out never is lined up to be volleyed back to the left.

at least not in any of the games I have played and I have played a lot. Not sure if that’s something you want to look at, but that’s really the only thing I can find on this game. Man this table is a blast!

JediWizard
                            Participant
                              @jediwizard

Thanks for the POV :good:

Health is Wealth:Knowledge is Power

lcsaw21
                              Participant
                                @lcsaw21

Backglass (b2s) here!

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11366

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by lcsaw21.
                                roccodimarco
                                Participant
                                  @roccodimarco

So I have played this table every night since it’s been released and it’s slowly becoming one of my favorite tables on the cab. One thing I have noticed. The ramp shots at the top are made to volley the ball back and fourth.

Successfully volleying the ball back and forth awards you with different bonuses. Going from the right ramp to the left can be done, but hitting from the left to right I don’t believe can be done. When the ball is volleyed from the left side to the right, the angle the ball comes out never is lined up to be volleyed back to the left.

at least not in any of the games I have played and I have played a lot. Not sure if that’s something you want to look at, but that’s really the only thing I can find on this game. Man this table is a blast!

Not sure if you ever bothered to check this out, or if anyone ever looked at this.  Still one of the best tables in terms of playability and fun factor.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?