Captain Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy (Bally 1975) iDigStuff rEMix Vol. 3

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    iDigStuff
    Participant
      @dkane626

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/captain-fantastic-and-the-brown-dirt-cowboy-bally-1975-idig-remix-vol-3/

******* UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE*********

iDig rEMix Vol. 3 – Captain Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy (Bally 1975) ver. 1.3

This isn’t your mom’s Elton John. If you’re expecting Candle in the Wind and Tiny Dancer..you’re gonna be disappointed. If you missed this table the first time, now’s the time to try it out.

************************************************************************************

This is a sizeable update that is recommended for ALL players.

Version 1.3 Has a NEW music folder. Replace the previous music folder with this version or you WILL get errors.

See Changelog for ALL updates.

************************************************************************************

All NEW features: Randomized playlist – Never hear the same set twice.

Music Customization – Don’t like my playlist? Make your own then.

It’s never been easier. Add as many songs as you like ! See included .txt for instructions

I’d like to thank Jopnl for stepping in to fix the B2s lighting functionality

100% Money Back Guarantee- This table will rock you or your money back!

‘Capt. Fantastic’ was inspired by the movie ‘Tommy’ and includes a representation of Elton John, as his character from the movie, playing pinball on the backglass. The game name, however, is the title of Elton John’s 1975 autobiographical song and album where “Captain Fantastic” was Elton and “The Brown Dirt Cowboy” was his then-lyricist Bernie Taupin. Included in the song lyrics are the words “From the end of the world to your town” which appear at the very top center of the backglass.

“iDig rEMixeSS” for older EM and SS tables to add soundtracks based on the table theme.

Start Button = Intro > Track 1,2,3,4 etc…

Right Magna = Next

Left Magna = Stop

Each time the player starts a game it will play the intro followed by a different track.

The start button can also be used to skip tracks if the player does not have magnasave buttons.

I hope you enjoy it!

Just drop a coin and press start and let the concert begin!

Table Author: Dozer

Table Fixes & Music Mod : iDigStuff

Additional Fixes B2s : Jopnl

if you read this far here’s a secret….put in 5 coins slowly ;)

All Logos, Copyrights and Trademarks are property of their respective owners.

100% of 0 = 0

PROVIDED STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL / HOME USE AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL SALE / RE-SALE OR DISTRIBUTION!

Total of 23 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

Looking forward to this!!  Thanks!!

HiRez00
        Participant
          @hirez00

EDIT: Ok – I just re-downloaded and it was there …. but I swear it wasn’t there on the first download – track 8 was missing.

iDigStuff
          Participant
            @dkane626

No “Pinball Wizard” music track?

I know that’s The Who originally – but the Tommy Soundtrack version was sung by Elton John – I would have thought that would have been a sure thing.

But that’ s ok.

Why do you insult me like that bro?…you obviously haven’t listened to all the songs. :cry:    lol

HiRez00
            Participant
              @hirez00

I know that’s The Who originally – but the Tommy Soundtrack version was sung by Elton John – I would have thought that would have been a sure thing.

But that’ s ok.

Why do you insult me like that bro?…you obviously haven’t listened to all the songs. :cry: lol

I did go through all of them … twice …

Wasn’t offending you.

UPDATE: Ok – I just re-downloaded and it was there …. but I swear it wasn’t there on the first download – track 8 was missing.

My bad, I guess.

iDigStuff
              Participant
                @dkane626

But that’ s ok.

Why do you insult me like that bro?…you obviously haven’t listened to all the songs. :cry: lol

I did go through all of them … twice …

Wasn’t offending you.

I was totally joking. Because its supposed to be track 08 on there and if it isn’t I messed up.

Darlim
                Participant
                  @darlim

This is OUTSTANDING!  Give the table a whole new life.  I grew up playing this table.  Having it scored makes it so much better.  Kudos and thanks!

"Wherever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

ortizthx1138
                  Participant
                    @ortizthx1138

Awesome. What was the tutorial you used to add music to older tables? I was thinking of trying this out.

Renegade1
                    Participant
                      @renegade1

Thanks iDigStuff for the nice touch. Cant wait to try it out with some tunes.  Iam hoping my favorite track made your list “Little Genie” nice pinball playing song

Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

I really enjoy this and the rolling stones tables.  Thanks for doing this.  A couple of issues with this one though.  The drop target images are not centered, the apron needs to come up in height to be ontop of the side rails, i did 61 i think and it was fine, and the apron cards need to come down because they are floating in mid air.  It is truly hard to build a table especially when JP Salas has built the same table because his are flawless, but i really like the small touches you add like the “loose” left plastic and definitely the music touches.  Great job!!!

iDigStuff
                        Participant
                          @dkane626

I really enjoy this and the rolling stones tables. Thanks for doing this. A couple of issues with this one though. The drop target images are not centered, the apron needs to come up in height to be ontop of the side rails, i did 61 i think and it was fine, and the apron cards need to come down because they are floating in mid air. It is truly hard to build a table especially when JP Salas has built the same table because his are flawless, but i really like the small touches you add like the “loose” left plastic and definitely the music touches. Great job!!!

Hi Tom.  I think what you are describing sounds like a pov issue. I don’t create any of these tables. They are in their original form from their original authors.

I simply modify the tables to add my remixes.  Dozer the original author created this table a long time ago and did a great job.  I too am a big fan of JP Salas work.

Glad you enjoy them

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

I didnt have Dozers table, i have JPs table, but you can see the issue when you change perspective.  Nothing big can be fixed easily

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            iDigStuff
                            Participant
                              @dkane626
                              This reply has been marked as private.
                              Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

Drop targets are easy

Change the drop targets type from Droptargetflatsimple to Droptargetsimple and change scaleY to 30

deselect top visible from walls leftslingshot and rightslingshot

The plastics and apron were all built on one image and on the real table the apron should be heigher than the plastics.  Old technique, aprons are mostly primitives now.  You can move the glass ramp topheight and bottom height to 58 and that will put the apron ontop of the side rails and the plastics are still high but not horrible.  The issue is that he made a bunch of apron images with the old instruction cards in them so you either need to erase the cards from every plastic image or just use the old cards and deselect visible from primitive card1,2 and 3.

I also attached my pov which fits the screen better

There is also a desktop score visible in cab mode

I dont know if fixing this table is easier or making your changes to JPs with his permission but the music is such a great addition that you want a great table too.  Thanks again

Attachments:
                                pinballpalace
                                Participant
                                  @pinballpalace

NUGENT SHOULD BE DONE FOR SURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jopp
                                  Participant
                                    @joppnl

Thanks for this musical update, great stuff.

Just one strange thing:
                                    When a player becomes active the ‘100.000’ point lights is on on the BG.

Thank you for this +bonus :yes:   but I dont think it’s the way it should work….

When playing multiple players whenever the player shifts this light shifts as well.

On the Akilis, JPSalas, Loserman, Kiwi table 1.2.2 (latest) it’s working fine.

Although the lights gives you 100.000 points, it isn’t as such recorded in the High Score post on the left.

I tried to look it up in the script but my knowledge isn’t enough to solve it.

Anyway…the play with the music is very much fun, thanks for that!

My favorite pinball machine?
                                    Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

iDigStuff
                                    Participant
                                      @dkane626

@joppnl Thank you for pointing this out! I do most of these myself and it can be a lot to keep track of. I do not alter the authors original table as far as game play in anyway ever, at least not on purpose. I believe this must be an error in the original version of DOZER’s table as well. I will check.  Part of this experience has been learning to pick the best functioning table to start with. Lessons learned. I will do my best to address it going forward in any update. Thanks and please keep in touch. Glad you are enjoying the music mods.

Jopp
                                      Participant
                                        @joppnl

One thing I noticed abd like to share:

Compared to the JPSalas/Akiles/Loserman table this version has some rather blurry elements.

Have a look at the left slingshot i.e. :
                                        This is this music version:

Where this is the Akiles/JPsalas and other authers version:
                                        (https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13973)

I took this image from a 4K playfield but I think these are most common nowadays.

This is just 1 example but there are more blurry places, i.e. the signs above the top roll-overs and other plastics.

Nevertheless…I enjoy the music  :good:

My favorite pinball machine?
                                        Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

iDigStuff
                                        Participant
                                          @dkane626

Thanks for this musical update, great stuff.

Just one strange thing:

When a player becomes active the ‘100.000’ point lights is on on the BG.

Thank you for this +bonus :yes: but I dont think it’s the way it should work….

When playing multiple players whenever the player shifts this light shifts as well.

On the Akilis, JPSalas, Loserman, Kiwi table 1.2.2 (latest) it’s working fine.

Although the lights gives you 100.000 points, it isn’t as such recorded in the High Score post on the left.

I tried to look it up in the script but my knowledge isn’t enough to solve it.

Anyway…the play with the music is very much fun, thanks for that!

@joppnl
                                          Just an update. I’m attempting to release an update on this table that fixes all of the issues that were mentioned on this thread. The one issue that I have been unable to fix is the 100k bonus. I’ve looked at the Akiles version as a comparison to see if I could locate the difference and unfortunately I just don’t have the knowledge to find and address it.  I’m really hoping that someone like Thalamus or one of the guys that knows what’s up to possibly help with a fix.  I’m doing my best to fix all issues but considering I have to teach myself from scratch how to fix each issue, its a slow process :) With that said I’m probably going to proceed with the update in hopes that someone could provide a fix for this last issue (100k bonus) that I will add after the fact as a last update to this table.  Dozer (from my understanding) is no longer around and this table is rather old and uses a lot of techniques not really used any longer. I just want to do right by the original author and fix these little issues before calling it complete and moving on. If anyone reading this could assist that would be swell.

fp691
                                          Participant
                                            @fp691

quel rom il faut pour faire fonctionner la table et ou la trouver….merci

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?