City Slicker Cabinet

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

The nvram from Thal is the way to go, otherwise there seems to be no end to uptown. Also, based on the PAPA video I think the end radius of the main flippers looks a bit too chunky, reduced mine a couple notches to 15, think they’re more true to life and play better now. Great job on this table :good:

Believe that the balls in the uptown is supposed to be a tad smaller than regular balls too. Maybe that is part of the “illusion”. And, like I said. It is possible to make the uptown even more restrictive. My goal was to make it play a bit harder as I was rounding the game. I played it for a while, and was never able to make the ball fly over like rocco mentions.  And, @mistermixer, yes, I can see you used Science flippers, so, if you are planning on getting ballshadow on this. You have to change from Science to Table1.

roccodimarco
      Participant
        @roccodimarco

Go figure it would happen to no one else! It happened! I swear! Lol, probably just a freak thing, but it did happen on my first go!  Great table regardless. I swear these tables just get better and better.

Jopp
        Participant
          @joppnl

That’s a great addition: beautiful table and also that we are able to play such rare ones is :good:

Did have the same as Roccodimarco:  at a certain moment 1 of the 2 balls dropped from the uptown alley on to the playfield and after that the games is totally lost_in_space :-)

Did change X and Y to fit the table in my cab, did not change Z and used the updated nvram.

Edit: tried some more time…most of the times it is working ok but also had it that 1 of the 2 balls went ‘through’ the end onto the upper deck in the left corner.

But very nice table, thanks!

My favorite pinball machine?
          Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Jopp.
          • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Jopp.
          Thalamus
            @thalamus

I wonder why this happens for a few users. Well, should be a easy fix – add some high invisible walls for now :)

roccodimarco
            Participant
              @roccodimarco

That’s a great addition: beautiful table and also that we are able to play such rare ones is :good:

Did have the same as Roccodimarco: at a certain moment 1 of the 2 balls dropped from the uptown alley on to the playfield and after that the games is totally lost_in_space :-)

Did change X and Y to fit the table in my cab, did not change Z and used the updated nvram.

Edit: tried some more time…most of the times it is working ok but also had it that 1 of the 2 balls went ‘through’ the end onto the upper deck in the left corner.

But very nice table, thanks!

Well at least I’m not alone!   I’m glad you were able to pinpoint where it was falling out of.  Now I can fix it.  I missed where it flew out of when it happened.

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Yeah. But, it is weird. I consider both of you guys advanced members that would know not to change z-axis etc. But, why oh why is that not happening for the rest of us ? Or, haven’t I played the table enough ? Haven’t the community ? I must have 40 games or so, some aborted, sure, because of messing with the rules, but still.

Jopp
                Participant
                  @joppnl

No clue….it already happened on the 1st game 1st ball, all  directly within VPX (no frontend)

I am on VPX 10.7Beta, may-be not the very very latest but about 2..3 weeks ago the latest, do not know if that could be a point.

My favorite pinball machine?
                  Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Nah. Doubt it.

roccodimarco
                    Participant
                      @roccodimarco

I too am on the newest beta.  Mine happened. game one ball two.  Obviously I never touch the Z axis. I’ll double check, but who knows.

bord
                        @bord
                        MembervipContributorModerator

I saw it happen once, too but didn’t notice how/where. At least it is an easy fix.

This is a really top shelf build. Can’t wait to see what you do next.

JR
                        Participant
                          @jfr1

I have not had that ‘event’ happen here yet, and have played a number of games.  But I am struggling to keep a ball in play.  Lots of sdtm.  And table is very touchy when it comes to any pov adjustments.  But this is a fascinating piece of history brought to life so I will be spending more time with it.  Love the Bally phat-bats!

makmak
                          Participant
                            @makmak

Even without being on the frontpage anymore ;-), this one was on my personal list (must downloads & try) of tables. Ill give it a go tonight, looks incredibly nice and clean, thx for sharing your work @ all involved!)

Manolo / ICE
                            Participant
                              @kamerik

Thank you for this beautiful table. Every tyime i hear that zooming sound, i have the feeling ivé got musquito’s in my room :P

mistermixer
                              Participant
                                @mistermixer

This is a really top shelf build. Can’t wait to see what you do next

Suggestions ?

Thinking about eight ball champ

roccodimarco
                                Participant
                                  @roccodimarco

This is a really top shelf build. Can’t wait to see what you do next

Suggestions ?

Thinking about eight ball champ

After seeing and playing this release I’m sure it will be awesome.  We already have an eight ball champ,  I would love to see something we don’t have yet ,but I don’t build or make tables, so what do I know!  Great table again!

mistermixer
                                  Participant
                                    @mistermixer

After seeing and playing this release I’m sure it will be awesome. We already have an eight ball champ, I would love to see something we don’t have yet ,but I don’t build or make tables, so what do I know! Great table again!

Are there any left :-) ? Talking about tables from the 80’s with an easy layout ( multiple ramps/flashers , special objects is not my cup of tea )

roccodimarco
                                    Participant
                                      @roccodimarco

Are there any left :-) ? Talking about tables from the 80’s with an easy layout ( multiple ramps/flashers , special objects is not my cup of tea )

Give it a few minutes.  I’m sure some of the old pros of VP will be here to clue us in on what we are missing.  If I was at my cab I could give you a list of tables yet to be brought over, but you are right, the list is getting smaller and smaller!

roccodimarco
                                      Participant
                                        @roccodimarco

I thought of two.  Disco Fever and Black Fever.  Disco uses banana (originally) but they have been done for a time warp table.  Those are two off the top of my heard I know we don’t have yet, and are pretty basic tables!

Rajo Joey
                                        Participant
                                          @joey2001

Kiwi wrote at vpforums:

The top of the uptown is at 100 and the two rubbers at 110, the two rubbers should be at least 125 units.

Visuall the two rubbers on the sides of the targets are at the right height, it is the “Hit Height” at 110 that makes the ball jump out.

So the problem with the balls jumping out of the uptown should be solved.

Invisble walls are also possible.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Rajo Joey.
                                          Mark70
                                          Participant
                                            @mark70

A really great release, thank you to all involved for sharing your work!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?