FirePower (Williams 1980) (coyo5050) (db2s)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    coyo5050
    Participant
      @coyo5050

FirePower (Williams 1980) (coyo5050) (db2s)

Complete overhaul/redraw/edit of this backglass. All the images I could find had pictures of back glasses in rough shape so needed a TON of work. Also the pictures were tricky because of the mirror glass, which I ended up recreating. I couldnt find any videos showing what the multi-ball animation looks like so I re-used part of Dozer316 animation scripts and changed it around to have animations. Spent many hours on this so hopefully people enjoy it!

If you like it let me know, comments are VERY motivating if you would like me to do more!

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Mark70
      Participant
        @mark70

Looks good thank you! … downloading..

Drybonz
        Participant
          @drybonz

I just made this comment over at VPU as well, but I like the way you did the mirror effect.  I wanted to do this for Fireball II’s backglass but wasn’t sure how to go about it and never got around to it.  It looks a lot better than having reflected images from the photographer, etc…

*edit*  I ended up just adding some blur to the mirror areas as a temporary fix, but it doesn’t look nearly as good.  (Actually, looking at this screenshot, I think it was before I even added the blur).

Attachments:
          1 user thanked author for this post.
          coyo5050
          Participant
            @coyo5050

The blur helps on your image. What I did is make a mirror layer and cut out those parts of the image to layer on top. Polygon tool is very helpful for that in photoshop. Do you use photoshop? I can send you my mirror layer, or if you want I can re-do the whole image if you want me to finish it. Until I knew you were working on it it was going to be my next re-draw. Let me know!?

Drybonz
            Participant
              @drybonz

If you want to do it, go for it.  I have been dragging my feet on all my projects lately… so that would be great.  I would like a copy of your mirror layer though, in case I want to take anything like this on in the future, and I think yours looks really good.  Probably would be a good resource to post, in general, so people can work on these if they want to.  Thanks.    :good:

coyo5050
              Participant
                @coyo5050

I’ve started work on it. I’ll upload the mirror image but you need to use it in Photoshop since you have to adjust the curve layers to match up the BG you working on (ex. Light and dark areas)

CastilianFly
                Participant
                  @castilianfly

Excellent work! Beautiful.   :good:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?