FP EXE without the watermark image…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Cameron
    Participant
      @cameron

Hi guys,

OK I am finally on the path to get DOFLinx up and going on my cabinet. I think I have all VPX and PFX issues taken care of so now I am working on tackling FP.

I have started going through some of the different guides etc. I have FP installed and working and now have just put BAM on as well. One thing that I keep reading about is that there is a FP .exe out there that removes the big Future Pinball (watermark/logo) from the table when playing.

Can anybody point me to where I can find that .exe? It seems like Slamt1lt’s site doesn’t have any active links for download ATM. Surely there is another source/way?

Thanks!

Cameron

Cameron
      Participant
        @cameron

Ah I just found the gopinball site! There is an extremely thorough setup guide… It has a lot to digest. I think it might have some links to the .exe files that I am looking for. Plowing into that now….

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

Hi guys,

OK I am finally on the path to get DOFLinx up and going on my cabinet. I think I have all VPX and PFX issues taken care of so now I am working on tackling FP.

I have started going through some of the different guides etc. I have FP installed and working and now have just put BAM on as well. One thing that I keep reading about is that there is a FP .exe out there that removes the big Future Pinball (watermark/logo) from the table when playing.

Can anybody point me to where I can find that .exe? It seems like Slamt1lt’s site doesn’t have any active links for download ATM. Surely there is another source/way?

Thanks!

Cameron

Here you go for SLAM’s 2.7 EXE with no watermark.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11GL96yoFZZfC1kJuLWSW-ov0Q0ufwHfs

2 users thanked author for this post.
          shiva
          Participant
            @shiva

The best exe to use is the FP/BAM installer, which uses the zed 64x fp exe. BAM already has all the various physics included ( all of slams as well) that you can load in and attach to a table quite easily. The main reason to use the zed64x is it is the only exe that is 64 bit so you can address far more memory than the others out there, as they are limited to 4 gigs. You will find FP is far more stable and barely crashes now, especially with the latest BAM that finally fixing the major memory leaks and also optimizes the memory for textures and models. (Among other things)

Even Slam himself may end up using it, as you can now also script the physics directly in the FP editor (including separate settings for each flipper), so there is no need to hack FP anymore. I’m using it from now on myself, several other authors will be from now on as well, mainly because we were just getting fed up of all those multiple exes and getting tired of people complaining because they used the wrong exe for the game they were playing and then saying the game sucked because it played lousy.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

TerryRed
              @terryred

The best exe to use is the FP/BAM installer, which uses the zed 64x fp exe. BAM already has all the various physics included ( all of slams as well) that you can load in and attach to a table quite easily. The main reason to use the zed64x is it is the only exe that is 64 bit so you can address far more memory than the others out there, as they are limited to 4 gigs. You will find FP is far more stable and barely crashes now, especially with the latest BAM that finally fixing the major memory leaks and also optimizes the memory for textures and models. (Among other things)

Even Slam himself may end up using it, as you can now also script the physics directly in the FP editor (including separate settings for each flipper), so there is no need to hack FP anymore. I’m using it from now on myself, several other authors will be from now on as well, mainly because we were just getting fed up of all those multiple exes and getting tired of people complaining because they used the wrong exe for the game they were playing and then saying the game sucked because it played lousy.

Actually…not quite accurate on Zed 64 bit. It’s not actually a real 64 bit exe….its just been patched using a program that basically makes the program supposedly be able to access more ram. Most likely this one:

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Unfortunately, this actually causes the Zed64x to have issues with some other programs that work with FP….mainly Future DMD (many images on the DMD won’t display), and DOFLinx which allows for DOF feedback and lighting, SSF, and PUP Videos (Zed64 can cause crashes in this case)

I can tell you as someone who has extensively used every modified FP EXE out there, there is no real benefit to using Zeds64bit beyond not having FP crash if you leave “Load images into Editor”. Easy fix to that for any FP EXE is to uncheck that box.

AGREED…BAM is considered a REQUIREMENT now. PERIOD. I tell everyone…cabinet or desktop user that is is now part of the FP install (which rav actually does have)

With BAM, you don’t need to use multiple EXEs. You can use ANY FP EXE you want. For a table to use any version of physics, you simply need to use whatever XML Physics file for the physics you need and name it the same as the table. BAM will automatically load it.

SLAM’s 2.7 FP is my default that works with everything no problem, but many want it for the watermark removal. Since you are using BAM anyway, simply use the correct physics XML for you tables. Good to go. That’s what I do.

Cameron
              Participant
                @cameron

Good to know. Thanks!!!!!

Also thanks for the DL

shiva
                Participant
                  @shiva

Your correct Terry, there is no “best” exe, they all have problems. I just use desktop, so 64x works perfectly fine for me. All the other ones have problems that do show, like the drop targets not rendering correctly sometimes, or slams exes, where the ball perfectly balances on a rubber post and just stays there.  :)  The only exe you do not use is the stock FP exe

The thing now is we no longer need external xml files, as we can script the physics directly in our script so we can really fine tune our tables. Hopefully Rav will be able to figure out how to add those hidden statements embedded in FP that were not scriptable before, then FP will be a lot better.

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Your correct Terry, there is no “best” exe, they all have problems. I just use desktop, so 64x works perfectly fine for me. All the other ones have problems that do show, like the drop targets not rendering correctly sometimes, or slams exes, where the ball perfectly balances on a rubber post and just stays there. :) The only exe you do not use is the stock FP exe

The thing now is we no longer need external xml files, as we can script the physics directly in our script so we can really fine tune our tables. Hopefully Rav will be able to figure out how to add those hidden statements embedded in FP that were not scriptable before, then FP will be a lot better.

True you can script in the physics in the table with BAM now… but until someone does that for each table….the xml are an esy fix to needing more than one EXE.

I use SLAM’s EXE and don’t have the issue you describe, as long as I use the correct XML physics file appropriate for the table.

Here are the simple rules that will avoid all the typical glitches in FP…

-disable “Load images into Editor”

-turn off the “game room”

-don’t run in xp compatibility (not with win 10 at least)

-load FP, then load your table and run it. When you exit the game….completely close down FP before running a table again! (this goes for VPX as well)

-use these settings except the rotation and 2nd screen for even desktop settings-

….if using with a cabinet, this guide of mine can be helpful…

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/how-future-pinball-should-be-setup-for-bam-doflinx-and-pinball-x/

shiva
                    Participant
                      @shiva

I can add to this for new users as well. These settings are perfect, but if you are getting crashes, there are several things you need to check.

1. Right click the desktop icon or FPLoader.exe icon and make sure Disable display scaling on high DPI settings AND Run this program as an administrator are both checked in their boxes. (so many people don’t do this)

2. I had win10, I have 8.1 now, both should not use compatibility settings and just run as is. Some things in the menu in FP will crash everytime (like the ImageManager)

3. The one setting above you should leave alone is to make sure High quality Pinball models is always checked.

3. The issues with the textures, multiple tables and the problems with memory that Terry mentioned have been fixed in the latest version of BAM, but if you don’t design tables in FP, leave the load textures in the editor feature off. The one thing to note is that you should exit FP anyway, as BAM sometimes does not clear out some settings, and could transfer custom settings within a script from table to table. for example ball size if it’s scripted in.

There are so many changes in FP/BAM the last few months, with script able physics and new flipper settings, all the fixes to FP disk operations, and now the new dynamic shadow system. Once we all get the hang of it, and get better tables out using all these new things, maybe some diehard vpx guys will give FP another chance.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Cameron
                      Participant
                        @cameron

I gave up on FP years ago, but longed for some of the cool stuff that I had played in the old days (Blindmankind tables etc.). I am super-happy to have discovered the new improvements… now getting them implemented…. My todo list for the cab is somewhat overwhelming hahahaha

shiva
                        Participant
                          @shiva

Then you should be very happy shortly. Terry, have you kept up with the latest betas of BAM? Not only is there adjustable speeds/omega with the flippers, but it appears that very shortly we will be able to script all the physics for the flippers (including elasticCoef) as well as ball physics and a active ball system (Finally). Hopefully pretty soon the other physics will be scriptable, so no more superball effect.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          TerryRed
                            @terryred

Then you should be very happy shortly. Terry, have you kept up with the latest betas of BAM? Not only is there adjustable speeds/omega with the flippers, but it appears that very shortly we will be able to script all the physics for the flippers (including elasticCoef) as well as ball physics and a active ball system (Finally). Hopefully pretty soon the other physics will be scriptable, so no more superball effect.

Hopefully SLAM keeps up with that…since he’s updating all his tables.

shiva
                            Participant
                              @shiva

He may want to wait a bit then. Rav has been on a tear. I’m pretty sure he intends to add scriptable physics, but there are bug reports first, maybe improve the shadow map feature, and explain at least how to use his active ball feature, as none of us are smart enough to understand it.  :)

From my point of view, my own table I’ve been working on has greatly improved in several areas of game play, but the ability to finally script the physics of each object… Boy, I can have fun with that.

hlr53
                              Participant
                                @hlr53

Thanks Terry – scarfed SLAM’s 2.7 EXE with no watermark. Though, after awhile one doesn’t even notice it in the corner.

I just moved all of FP over to a fast SSD drive. Table loading speed was driving me nuts off a regular 7,200rpm drive. It would have been horrendous off an old 5,400 drive. They still make those?

I need to learn some scripting. I have started to DL some old EM tables from IRPinball and some have the bumper strength set way too low. Real machines play much faster. I know, because I played a TON of them in the late 60’s to early 70’s. I started using 2.5 physics on these with no problems.

I do love the SS machines from the 80’s and 90’s but occasionally like to spend an evening reliving my youth. Or as My Cousin Vinnie would say “yute”.

hlr53
                                Participant
                                  @hlr53

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/how-future-pinball-should-be-setup-for-bam-doflinx-and-pinball-x/

[/quote]

I used that back in December ’16 for PBX and a HUGE thank you. Question though:

In PBX you have these command line parameters: /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

I have no idea what they do but are these only needed inside PinballX? FPloader runs fine outside of PBX without these parameters.

I’m eventually switching over to PinUp when time permits.

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Those parameters I have used since I first got into the hobby. Got them from PBX forums i think.

I still used them in Popper and they work fine. Popper comes installed with the command lines all set and ready to go. Just tell it where you paths are. If you installed to FP default locations and have BAM installed, there there is nothing for you to do. :)

FP for me on both Popper and PBX has by far been the easiest system to get up and running. Just gotta do FP settings like I showed in that guide.

dwade12345
                                    Participant
                                      @dwade12345

Not all but many of my table have problems with every version of the no watermark executable(s).  All tables work with the original 1.9.1.

Does anyone have an original 1.9.1 exe without the watermark?  The dude that created the FP program could charge 10.00 for that and I know i would pay for it.

Oldschool4
                                      Participant
                                        @oldschool4

Your correct Terry, there is no “best” exe, they all have problems. I just use desktop, so 64x works perfectly fine for me. All the other ones have problems that do show, like the drop targets not rendering correctly sometimes, or slams exes, where the ball perfectly balances on a rubber post and just stays there. :) The only exe you do not use is the stock FP exe

True you can script in the physics in the table with BAM now… but until someone does that for each table….the xml are an esy fix to needing more than one EXE.

I use SLAM’s EXE and don’t have the issue you describe, as long as I use the correct XML physics file appropriate for the table.

Here are the simple rules that will avoid all the typical glitches in FP…

-disable “Load images into Editor”

-turn off the “game room”

-don’t run in xp compatibility (not with win 10 at least)

-load FP, then load your table and run it. When you exit the game….completely close down FP before running a table again! (this goes for VPX as well)

-use these settings except the rotation and 2nd screen for even desktop settings-

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/how-future-pinball-should-be-setup-for-bam-doflinx-and-pinball-x/

Was trying the different exes the other week, just reading this topic,good to know i wasnt the only one having drop target issues.Reverted back to original that came with installer.Will Experiment some more.

dwade12345
                                        Participant
                                          @dwade12345

had the least problems with 2.5 slam it, but still had problems….  no problems with 1.9.1 but it has the stupid watermark — which makes your cabinet build look like poop.  I may try emailing the creator and offer some money is he will make me a 1.9.1 without watermark, and I would agree not to share.

Honestly, from the beginning he could had offered this and tied the unlock key to each PC to prevent sharing of the no watermark feature for folks like me building a cabinet.  somewhere between 10 and 25 dollars would be the right range.

dwade12345
                                          Participant
                                            @dwade12345

i sent his paypal email an offer of 25.00 for no watermark 1.6.1 exe

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?