FSS Mod Genesis (Gottlieb 1986)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    arconovum
    Participant
      @nicholaschristopher
      MemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/fss-mod-genesis-gottlieb-1986/

Mod Includes:

[10.6] VP 10.6+ only.
      [FSS] Backglass/Box/Backlight.
      [CCX] Color Correction.
      [PGI] Persistent General Illumination , & [SHD] Shadows.
      [D&N] Day and Night transition.
      [NPF] Altered Playfield.

Original Author(s) VP9: jpsalas
      Original Author(s) VPX: nFozzy, DOF additions by arngrim.

7 users thanked author for this post.
      arconovum
      Participant
        @nicholaschristopher
        MemberContributor

I also fixed the robot animation issues , it may fail in minor circumstances like a 2% chance of failure, but its better than not working 100% at all.

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

The best worst backglass of all time!

1 user thanked author for this post.
          arconovum
          Participant
            @nicholaschristopher
            MemberContributor

The best worst backglass of all time!

As one man’s garb is another man’s treasure, some peoples ugly is another’s beauty..  B-)

ICPjuggla
              @icpjuggla
              MembervipModerator

This mod was never authorized! I can even tell by the screen shots without even opening the table it’s a mod of my work. I’ve got no problems with people doing mods of my work but authorization is needed and proper credit must be giving to everyone who worked on it in the past. It’s really not much to ask..

arconovum
              Participant
                @nicholaschristopher
                MemberContributor

This mod was never authorized! I can even tell by the screen shots without even opening the table it’s a mod of my work. I’ve got no problems with people doing mods of my work but authorization is needed and proper credit must be giving to everyone who worked on it in the past. It’s really not much to ask..

I asked for authorization for this table at least 2 years ago, either from you or nFozzy.

ICPjuggla
                  @icpjuggla
                  MembervipModerator

I asked for authorization for this table at least 2 years ago, either from you or nFozzy.

Well if you asked me I apologize for not remembering. I’m sure I would of approved it under 2 conditions one condition and the main condition is to give proper credit where credit is due. And this mod release is lacking that.

its honestly really disrespectful you can’t take the time to track down the authors and give each proper credit and ask if it’s okay. When I built tables I personally made that my 1st priority when working on a mod of others work!

arconovum
                  Participant
                    @nicholaschristopher
                    MemberContributor

The problem here is simple , and that your credits appear only in the table info, and nfozzys appears in the script header , so I assumed it was his work.

I will add your credits to the script as shown in the table info, and alter  everything to properly address this problem, Expect an updated release.

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

Most of my message preposting has been made null and void mostly by Arconovum’s post but @icpjuggla: You know we have your back. I totally agree that all original authors need to be mentioned in the release notes/release thread as well.  But when I read your reply I too checked the VPF release thread and I saw no mention of your name at the top of the thread and I don’t think you made a point of calling out nfozzy about it (but from the thread it’s evident you were your usual awesome collaborative self!).   I do get this is a sore point with you and there is a lack of respect at times so I get the frustration but still… I would also hope that a members good standing like Arconovum would at least be worth the consideration of bringing the issue to light without blatant accusations.  Sometimes mistakes are made right?

I hope this post isn’t read like a negative toward ICPJuggla or any author who merits credit. Being credited isn’t about misplaced pride. It’s about earning ownership from the hard work put in and it’s a right well earned with many authors.  I just think fairness also works the other way too

edit: see VPF release thread https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=34554&hl=genesis

Worthy of note:  “permission to mod = yes, without approval”.  Was this set in error?

edit:  The VPF table is NOT the one that was modded

Attachments:
                      2 users thanked author for this post.
                      bord
                        @bord
                        MembervipContributorModerator

I agree, plenty of bad actors to chew on but arconovum has always been great about credit/permission.

STAT
                        Participant
                          @stefanaustria
                          MemberContributor

Guys, some chances that we also get the Robot Fix for the FS Version ?

And there are just the Images, not a Prim ?

arconovum
                          Participant
                            @nicholaschristopher
                            MemberContributor

@STAT where is the FS version? and will you test it if I fix it?

I don’t know what you mean by just images, but remember this is an FSS table not an official VPVR.

STAT
                            Participant
                              @stefanaustria
                              MemberContributor

It is the latest nice Table by @icpjuggla here: https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/genesis-premier-1986-2/

Ready for Test, of Course, this is a really cool Table :good:
                              But i think we/you should talk now with ICP for that …

With Images, i mean, Robot is still not a 3D Model/Primitive ?

arconovum
                              Participant
                                @nicholaschristopher
                                MemberContributor

Yes it is the one with the 3D model. I will talk to ICP.

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

It is the latest nice Table by @icpjuggla here: https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/genesis-premier-1986-2/

Ready for Test, of Course, this is a really cool Table :good:

But i think we/you should talk now with ICP for that …

How the heck did I ever miss that nice release?!?  Wow thanks for the link.  Also brings some good POV on icpjuggla position.

ICPjuggla
                                    @icpjuggla
                                    MembervipModerator

Let me clear the air and just say I’m not upset or pissed at anyone.

All I was doing was pointing out the fact that proper credit wasn’t given.. I’ve got no issue’s with people moding tables I’ve worked on all I ask is proper credit is given to everyone who has worked on the table past, present etc. it’s really not that much to ask.. the second thing that I ask is the table only be uploaded hard at VPB. So those two things really aren’t that much.

If anyone has an issue with that then it’s simple create your own from scratch build and you don’t have to worry about credit to anyone.

as for the fact nFozzy has it set up as yes, without approval. I get that, but when I did my mod I reached out to him and asked if it was cool. nFozzy is a great guy so in no way was I pointing a finger at him. The issue there is yes, he said mod without approval but if your going to download my mod of the table and use what I created then I expect to be contacted and giving credit b/c I don’t give permission without approval. I hope that makes sense to everyone.

anyway thank you arconovum for fixing the issue. Looks like a nice mod keep up the great work.

ICPjuggla
                                      @icpjuggla
                                      MembervipModerator

I just gave arconovum permission to fix and upload a new FS version with his fix in it for the robot etc. ?

4 users thanked author for this post.
                                      STAT
                                      Participant
                                        @stefanaustria
                                        MemberContributor

Thank you both ( i.a.) :-)

Wrath2000
                                        Participant
                                          @wrath2000

Great job thanks, sometimes the roms names are wrong so have to rename or try them in the script to see if they work even, table it working after renaming the rom.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?