Future Pinball and BAM Mega-Guide by TerryRed (DOF, PUP, SSF, VR and Front-Ends)

Viewing 6 posts - 181 through 186 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    vkdawg
    Participant
      @vkdawg

Terry, thanks SO MUCH for an absolutely AMAZING guide!

I have just recently gotten back into Future Pinball after reading your guide.  I’m so happy I did!!  I haven’t tried out Future Pinball in a few years, but some of these tables are truly incredible!  And thanks so so much for this guide! It’s incredible!

I do have one question that has been driving me absolutely crazy the last few days, and I’ve spent way more time than I should before trying to figure it out. (Being OCD doesn’t help either!!)  It has to do with the lighting of some FP tables.  I’ve read your guide about how to customize and save the light settings to my personal liking (with warning, of course), and I’ve been able to figure it out on almost all tables that automatically adapt the lighting with the exception of one table that’s driving me crazy. I am hoping beyond hope that you’re able to help me figure out how to fix it.

It’s the Ghostbusters table by smoke and JP Salas found here: http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-25638-ghostbusters_(stern)

It auto adjusts the lighting at night, and uses the preset “Dark Night” or settings very similar, and I can’t see the table at all.  No matter what I do with the settings, they automatically will revert back to “Dark Night” type settings if I’m playing in the evening.  It will actually change right in front of my eyes if I have BAM open, and looking at the lighting settings.

I can’t find anywhere in the script that is causing this change.  Is this something that can be controlled by FP itself?  Something in BAM?  Something in the settings I used by you in the mega guide? (I followed EVERY step of your mega guide, by the way.)

It’s driving me mad that I can’t just pick the light settings I want for this table, and save it in BAM.

Can someone PLEASE help!?

Thanks….

TerryRed
        @terryred

Terry, thanks SO MUCH for an absolutely AMAZING guide!

I have just recently gotten back into Future Pinball after reading your guide. I’m so happy I did!! I haven’t tried out Future Pinball in a few years, but some of these tables are truly incredible! And thanks so so much for this guide! It’s incredible!

I do have one question that has been driving me absolutely crazy the last few days, and I’ve spent way more time than I should before trying to figure it out. (Being OCD doesn’t help either!!) It has to do with the lighting of some FP tables. I’ve read your guide about how to customize and save the light settings to my personal liking (with warning, of course), and I’ve been able to figure it out on almost all tables that automatically adapt the lighting with the exception of one table that’s driving me crazy. I am hoping beyond hope that you’re able to help me figure out how to fix it.

It’s the Ghostbusters table by smoke and JP Salas found here: http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-25638-ghostbusters_(stern)

It auto adjusts the lighting at night, and uses the preset “Dark Night” or settings very similar, and I can’t see the table at all. No matter what I do with the settings, they automatically will revert back to “Dark Night” type settings if I’m playing in the evening. It will actually change right in front of my eyes if I have BAM open, and looking at the lighting settings.

I can’t find anywhere in the script that is causing this change. Is this something that can be controlled by FP itself? Something in BAM? Something in the settings I used by you in the mega guide? (I followed EVERY step of your mega guide, by the way.)

It’s driving me mad that I can’t just pick the light settings I want for this table, and save it in BAM.

Can someone PLEASE help!?

Thanks….

You are best off asking in smoke’s post at pinball nirvanna. I think he may have added a day / night feature that adjusts the lighting. Not something I’m a fan of…and maybe it can be disabled… but I’ve been busy working on RetroFlair 2 and haven’t had time for much else lately.

His post is here:

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/ghostbusters-stern-2016.20228/

vkdawg
        Participant
          @vkdawg

You are best off asking in smoke’s post at pinball nirvanna. I think he may have added a day / night feature that adjusts the lighting. Not something I’m a fan of…and maybe it can be disabled… but I’ve been busy working on RetroFlair 2 and haven’t had time for much else lately.

His post is here:

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/ghostbusters-stern-2016.20228/

Thanks Terry! I appreciate you referencing the post about the table.  I’ll see if I can get some help there…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by vkdawg.
          GeorgeH
          Participant
            @georgeh

The day night thing may be messing you up.  Smoke posted:

If you don’t like the day/night light effect just edit the ZBRrollingballsoundslibGB.vbs (using Notepad)

and search for   —>   sub DayNightLightUpdate

and add exit sub

like this

======

sub DayNightLightUpdate
            dim tmpInterpol
            exit sub

tobiashansson
            Participant
              @tobiashansson

The only thing I have trouble with this instruction is that I can’t move dmd to right position :( yes I have use the guide 2 times but it’s don’t want to work

TerryRed
                @terryred

The only thing I have trouble with this instruction is that I can’t move dmd to right position :( yes I have use the guide 2 times but it’s don’t want to work

You are reading the wrong guide. You need to be reading the Pinevent guide… and following everything there.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-for-future-pinball/#post-171545

Viewing 6 posts - 181 through 186 (of 186 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?