PinEvent: DOF, MX, PUP, SSF, PUPDMD for Future Pinball

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-pup-stream-for-future-pinball/

Welcome to my new PinEvent standard for Future Pinball!

PinEvent allows Future Pinball tables to be modded to have full “direct” support for DOF / MX Leds / PUP / PUP SSF / PUPDMD / PUP Stream without the need for DOFLinx, B2S Server or other applications while allowing for full access to all of Pinup Player’s advanced features!

PinEvent features:

– DOF (direct output framework) for cabinet hardware feedback, controlled lighting and toys

– Pinup Player

– PuP-Packs

– PUP SSF and 3D positional ball rolling

– PUPDMD (4:1 DMD , Real DMD, 16:9 FullDMD)

– choose what devices are output to SSF for custom setups

– choose what devices are output to DOF for custom setups

– PinEvent profile settings for any FP mode (desktop, cabinet/arcade mode, VR)

– custom PinEvent settings per table via table script options

Amazing new PUP Stream feature!

– the new BAM PuP Plug-in allows you to stream any PUP window into Future Pinball as any texture anywhere in the table!

– this allows you to see the PuP-Pack and PUPDMD “in” Future Pinball itself.

– PinEvent options allow you to display ANY program’s window (not just PUP) on the Future Pinball Backbox, Apron Cards, Desktop HUD, and on the playfield

– works in ALL modes (Desktop, Cabinet, VR). Very cool!

======================================================

What do I need PinEvent for?

Any Future Pinball table that has been modded for PinEvent.  Without the PinEvent files installed, the table will NOT work.

DESKTOP USERS:

Desktop users who only want to play the table (and NOT use any DOF or PUP features), just need to install the PinEvent files. After that, my PinEvent table mods will operate and play like a normal Future Pinball table.

DOF and Pinup Player:

To use these features you need PinEvent installed and setup, but you also need DOF and Pinup Player installed and setup correctly (more info in the install instructions).

Why is PinEvent needed?

Future Pinball restricted the usage of external applications with tables. This made it difficult to add DOF and PUP support to Future Pinball tables.

In the past there were efforts from GLXB and others (LedWiz support), and currently from DDH69 (DOFLinx). While these work great (I still love DOFLinx), they have limitations.

PinEvent isn’t restricted at all. It uses the new COM Extensions plug-in for BAM (made by Nailbuster and ravarcade) that allows Future Pinball to “directly” access DOF and Pinup Player and be able to use ALL their features!

As a result I was able to make a new script / command standard for myself to add DOF / PUP / SSF features to any Future Pinball table. This allows for ease of use (for the player) while now allowing for advanced features such as PUPDMD and cool new features like PUP Stream!

This also allowed me to add custom features for users to use per table, or by PinEvent profiles that can have each table / pup-pack / pupdmd work automatically with the correct settings needed for the table without needing to touch the table script.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS and MORE INFO:

– you must read the full installation instructions and requirements!

– it has simplified info for proper setup for DOF and Pinup Player features

– I have PuP-Pack options for almost every setup out there

– goto the first reply on the “SUPPORT Topic” tab linked below

“PinEvent Installation and Setup – START HERE”

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-for-future-pinball/#post-171545

Thanks to:

– ravarcade for the many updates to BAM that allowed this to be possible

– ravarcade and DJRobX for the PuP Plug-in that allows PUP Stream to work

– Nailbuster for Pinup Player, the PUPDMD Framework, and help with vbs code examples

For a video showcase of PinEvent in action, watch this epic video:

Total of 27 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      TerryRed
        @terryred

PinEvent Installation and Setup – START HERE

PinEvent_FP

PinEvent

by TerryRed (with a lot of help from Nailbuster and ravarcade)

Version 1.4

June 2020

DESKTOP USERS:

• Desktop users who only want to play the table (and NOT use any DOF or PUP features) just need to install the PinEvent files.
        • after that, my PinEvent table mods will operate and play like a normal Future Pinball table.

DOF, PUP, and Cabinet users:

• PLEASE, take the time to read through ALL of the instructions. Proper setup will make everything work super easy.

WOAH, THAT’s A LOT OF TEXT TO READ?

• the actual install and setup of PinEvent is really quick!
        • it might seem a bit intimidating looking at this post. I assure you, it’s simple.
        • this post is covering EVERY setup out there (cabinets, desktop, etc) and all options, while also covering PuP and DOF
        • if you already have FP-BAM, PUP and DOF good to go… then the rest is straight forward!

INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE UPDATED

• I may be adding more info over time
        • always come back here to get the most up to date info regarding PinEvent

PROBLEMS?

• be sure you went through ALL of the instructions and information
        • read the FAQ at the end of the guide! (it has answers to most problems)

IMPORTANT: DO NOT user older PinEvent files, or older tables and pup-packs!

If you have older PinEvent files, the older tables and PuP-Packs… you MUST remove the table files, PinEvent files, and PuP-Pack files completely as they are NOT compatible with the new PinEvent 1.4 PUP Stream Update!

Make sure you download the new PinEvent 1.4 files, table files and PuP-Packs.

Go through this NEW guide on how to install and setup PinEvent, the new PUP Stream features and the new PuP-Pack options!

****** PinEvent is NOT open for everyone to use on their tables! ******

PinEvent vbs files and the name “PinEvent” are not to be used for other table mods and updates

• “PinEvent” refers to my own specific work that I created to be used for my own table updates
        • “PinEvent” represents my own standard for specific features and updates that represent my own quality of work
        • please do not use the PinEvent vbs files in your table updates, as I may be updating these files in the future and this will impact all tables that use them
        • please do not use the name “PinEvent” on any table mods, or when referring to pup or dof mods of a FP table
        • I will not support any table mods using the PinEvent vbs files, except for my own tables

You CAN use the PuP / DOF code in your own table mods!

• you can however use the BAM COM Extensions / PuP Event / DOF code  and commands (from the PinEvent vbs files) to copy into your own table script directly and adapt as needed for your purposes
        • I’d recommend only using the startup code for COM / PUP / DOF, and use the basic dof and pupevent commands and code
        • that will cover you for adding dof and a pup-pack to a FP table
        • I currently don’t recommend using my modified pupdmd framework for text / score, as it’s very extensive and much more advanced!
        • keep it simple!

DO NOT modify my PinEvent DOF configs for my tables on DOF Config Tool!

• I have VERY specific DOF configs that are designed to work with my PinEvent table updates only
        • if you wish to make DOF changes to a PinEvent table, you can do so on your own Private config
        • DO NOT submit changes from your private DOF config for Public consideration! (if there is a problem on one of my tables, please message me)
        • I specifically added separate “PinEvent only” so that everyone is free to use other FP configs to mod other FP tables for DOF

TerryRed

For a video showcase of PinEvent in action, watch this epic video:

….and this video of someone playing Jaws Ultimate Pro – PinEvent on their stunning cabinet

….and here is Jaws Ultimate Pro – PinEvent being played on a single screen Desktop using the Full DMD option.

….and a demonstration of the awesome new PUP Stream feature!

PinEvent_FP

PinEvent

by TerryRed

Version 1.4

June 2020

REQUIREMENTS:

ALL Users must have the following installed, setup correctly, and UPDATED to the latest version!

• Future Pinball (setup correctly according to my FP and BAM Mega guide)
        • latest version of BAM (this gets updated regularly, so be sure you are up to date)
        • all updates for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 installed (for BAM plug-ins to work)

Pinup Player Features (PuP-Pack, SSF, PUPDMD) (optional):

• Pinup Player (1.45 or higher)
        • PuP displays setup correctly for YOUR setup (this guide tells you what PuP displays are used and where to position them)

Cabinet / Multiscreen users:

• you MUST have Future Pinball’s Backglass and Arcade Mode disabled (in FP Video settings) for PinEvent tables only, when using PuP-Packs
        • this is to prevent the FP Backglass from displaying “on top” of the PuP-Pack and causing lots of problems
        • you can have this disabled for PinEvent tables only, and then re-enabled for normal FP tables
        • how to do this is covered in the PinEvent Install Guide

Cabinet users with DOF feedback and lighting:

• you MUST have the latest version of DOF R3++ for cabinet feedback and lighting (only needed if using DOF features)

Links to all the required files, programs and other information is all covered in this PinEvent Install Guide!

FUTURE PINBALL and BAM SETUP  (important!):

Before you go ANY farther, you MUST goto my FP and BAM Mega Guide to ensure you have Future Pinball and BAM setup “correctly”!

Even if you have other Future Pinball tables working, this is VERY important, as you need very specific settings to allow ALL tables to work correctly.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/future-pinball-and-bam-mega-guide-by-terryred/

BAM update:

You MUST install the latest update to BAM (1.5-308 when this was posted) for PinEvent based tables to work!

Note, that some tables may need a newer BAM update than others. So ALWAYS update to the latest BAM when trying new or updated tables, as I regularly make use of newer BAM features.

https://www.ravarcade.pl/download

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio

• some BAM plug-ins may not display or work until you install “all” updates for Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio
        • make sure you install both x86 (vc_redist.x86.exe) and x64 (vc_redist.x64.exe) for each year
        • this link has an easy “all in one” installer that should do everything for you in one shot

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

Windows Defender / Anti-Virus (IMPORTANT!)

• recent updates from Windows 10 can cause certain aspects of Future Pinball to not work correctly
        • you MUST at a minimum, set “exceptions” in Windows Defender (and any other anti-virus program) for the entire Future Pinball folder
        • having Defender enabled WILL cause some tables to have a stutter problem, even with exceptions
        • Defender may cause vbs files to not work with Future Pinball, BAM, or PinEvent tables
        • it’s possible, depending on your system that you may need to disable Defender completely to allow both Future Pinball and BAM to work correctly with ALL tables
        • if you turn off Defender in Windows settings, it eventually re-enable itself after a while! If you want to permanently disable Defender, you will need to find another method. I won’t tell you how to do that (you can find solutions online), but please be careful when using ANY method (if you choose to do this)

There are other anti-virus programs you can use if you disable Defender. I’ve used MalwareBytes with no problems (yet). Just be sure to add exceptions for the entire Future Pinball folder!

What does PinEvent do?

PinEvent will manage and control “DOF, PuP, PUP-SSF, PUPDMD, PUP Stream” as well as normal Future Pinball playsound commands used for mechanical events (such as flippers, bumpers, ball drops, drain ,etc). It does this only on tables modded for PinEvent.

How PinEvent Works

• the table will load the PinEvent_Variables.vbs and then PinEvent_Settings.vbs file to load the PinEvent Profile’s settings (based on what PinEvent Profile is set in the table script 0-5 )
        • by default the table is set to Autodetect (0), and will choose a PinEvent Profile based on what mode Future Pinball is using (Desktop, Arcade/Cabinet, VR)
        • PinEvent will then load PinEvent_Control.vbs and check to see if DOF and PuP are installed, AND accessable
        • if DOF or PuP are not installed,  then the DOF and PuP features are disabled and their commands are bypassed (the table will operate like a normal Future Pinball table)
        • if PUPDMD is enabled, then PinEvent_PUPDMD.vbs is loaded
        • if DOF is detected and enabled, a DOF session is started
        • if PuP is detected and enabled, the PuP-Pack is started
        • the table starts
        • the table will now play and be able to trigger and control DOF / PUP / SSF / PUPDMD (if enabled)
        • shortly after the table starts (3-6 secs), any PUP Stream options enabled will appear on the table (if enabled)

Custom PinEvent Settings on a Per-Table Basis

• a PinEvent table’s script has a “PinEvent Custom Settings for this table only” section
        • this can be used to override the PinEvent settings in the PinEvent_Settings.vbs file
        • this is only needed for custom settings on a per table basis
        • an example would be if the table doesn’t offer your preferred PUPDMD feature, or you need to use a different PUPDMD setting for a specific PuP-Pack

PinEvent Features are Optional

• you don’t have to use all (or any) of the features that a PinEvent table offers
        • DOF / PUP SSF / PUPDMD / PuP Backglass or Topper Videos / PUP Stream, can each be enabled or disabled

Pinup Player PuP-Packs

• each PinEvent PuP-Pack has multiple “Options” to choose from for every type of setup
        • you will need to run a BAT file in each table’s PuP-Pack to choose the correct option for your PUPDMD setup

DOF (Direct Output Framework)

• if you are using DOF in a cabinet for feedback and lighting, you will need to be updated to the latest DOF R3++
        • if you don’t have the latest version of DOF R3++, enabling DOF may cause the table to not work!
        • you will need to update your DOF config files from the DOF Config Tool website (to retrieve the PinEvent table’s DOF config)
        • DOFLinx (if used) will need to be disabled while using PinEvent tables (to prevent both from triggering DOF at the same time)

INSTALLING PinEvent Files

The PinEvent Install ZIP file contains the following files:

• Scripts\PinEvent_Control.vbs
        • Scripts\PinEvent_PUPDMD.vbs
        • Scripts\PinEvent_Settings.vbs
        • Scripts\PinEvent_Variables.vbs

Install the PinEvent VBS files

Copy these files to your “FuturePinball\Scripts” folder. (be sure you don’t have duplicates elsewhere or older files installed)

Create the Scripts folder if one doesn’t exist.

• PinEvent_Settings.vbs
        • PinEvent_Control.vbs
        • PinEvent_PUPDMD.vbs
        • PinEvent_Variables.vbs

PinEvent files installed

PinEvent SETUP for DESKTOP USERS

(who are NOT using any DOF, SSF, PUP, PUPDMD features)

• you just need PinEvent vbs files copied to your “Future Pinball \ Scripts” folder
        • you don’t need the PuP-Pack files just to play the table
        • PinEvent modded FP tables will now operate like a normal FP table

Ensure the COM Extensions plug-in for BAM is working

• the BAM “Com Extensions” plug-in (created by Nailbuster and Ravarcade) is what will allow DOF and PUP to be directly accessed by Future Pinball
        • you need to be sure it’s enabled in the BAM plug-ins menu
        • “Safe” should be fine for security settings, but depending on your system it’s possible you may need to set it to “same as vpx – don’t care”

COM Extensions plugin

If the COM Extensions plug-in does not show up in BAM plug-ins menu:

Go here and install updates to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 (both x86 and x64):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Then reboot, and check your BAM plug-ins again.

Be sure ALL files are NOT blocked by windows!

Ublock Files

UAC (User Account Control)

• depending on how you installed DOF, (and other factors with your system’s security settings) you “may” need to reduce your UAC for DOF to work
        • it’s also possible that changing this to a different level may “cause” DOF to “not” work
        • I don’t recommend changing this (from what you have it set to) unless you have problems getting DOF or PuP to work with PinEvent tables

UAC

SETUP PinEvent for “DOF / PUP / PUP SSF / PUPDMD / PuP-Pack / PUP Stream” users:

PinEvent_Settings.vbs

The PinEvent_Settings.vbs file is where the user’s default PinEvent settings are set for DOF, PUP, PUP_SSF, PUPDMD, PUP Stream and Nightmode for each Future Pinball mode (Desktop / Cabinet / VR)

You MUST Edit the PinEvent_Settings.vbs (using notepad) and change the settings in ALL of these sections, based on your setup / needs.

• PinEvent PROFILES
        • PUPDMD Default Settings
        • PUP Stream Default Settings
        • PUP Stream Default Windows
        • DOF Settings
        • SSF Settings
        • NIGHT MODE

PUP Stream

You MUST keep “PUP Stream” disabled (this is disabled by default) until you have ALL PuP-Pack features working for ALL tables, and ALSO have your FP Backglass / Arcade mode disabled for PinEvent tables only (read the Future Pinball Backglass section for more info on how to do this)

PinEvent – CUSTOM SETTINGS per table

Each PinEvent table will have a section PinEvent – CUSTOM SETTINGS (for this table only) somewhere near the top of the Table’s script

• if needed, you can override the PinEvent Profile settings in the PinEvent_Settings.vbs file
        • an example may be where the table’s PuP-Pack Options may not offer the same PUPDMD option that matches what your PinEvent_Settings.vbs is set to… or maybe you prefer a different PuP-Pack Option than what your cabinet normally uses.

Running FP or BAM as Administrator (Important!)

• the FuturePinball.exe must NOT be Run as Administrator!
        • do NOT set FPLoader.exe to Run as Administrator unless you need to!
        • setting FPLoader to Run as Administrator will depend on how other programs like DOF (if you use it) may be set for security or access

DOF problems with Run as Administrator

• if DOF does not work with PinEvent (you may also get a table script error), then running FPLoader.exe as Administrator “might” be required for it to work
        • however, it’s also possible that DOF will only work if FPLoader.exe is NOT Run as Administrator
        • try both to see which works… but DO NOT set FuturePinball.exe to Run as Administrator!

FUTURE PINBALL BACKGLASS

(and the problems it can cause for Pup-Packs on the backglass)

FP Backglass Problems

• the Future Pinball Backglass Window CAN be an issue for some people if the PuP-Pack or PUPDMD is not able to appear “on top” of it correctly
        • depending on the PuP-Pack or the speed of your system and timing factors, the PuP-Pack may load FIRST before the FP Backglass does
        • this could result in the FP Backglass “popping” on top of some or all layers of the PuP-Pack.

Disabling the FP Backglass (for PinEvent tables only):

• for PinEvent tables only, you want to disable the FP Backglass in a cabinet (using a front-end)
        • when doing so, you MUST have Arcade Mode disabled in FP settings (or some tables won’t run correctly with the FP Backglass disabled)
        • you also MUST have BAM’s FORCE ARCADE MODE enabled as well in BAM menu settings (this will only show up when you have FP’s Arcade Mode setting disabled)
        • this is because you still need BAM’s “Static CAM” and features from Forced Arcade Mode. This also allows other BAM and PinEvent functions to work correctly

Methods of disabling the FP Backglass (for PinEvent tables only):

• setup a separate emulator in your front-end for Future Pinball PinEvent tables only. This emulator will disable the Backglass Screen and Arcade mode in FP settings in the registry before launching FP.  Then have your normal FP emulator always enable those same settings in the registry before launching FP
        • …or do the same thing from one emulator (Popper only) that makes changes to the registry based on how the table is tagged in the front-end’s database

Here is how I disable the FP Backglass and Arcade Mode in the Registry

I add this to my front-end’s FP Launch script (before FP gets launched):

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
        REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Then add these two lines to re-enable the Backglass and Arcade mode on your Close/Exit script:

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
        REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

You can add those commands to a BAT file to use with a separate “Future Pinball PinEvent” emulator in your front-end…

…or with Popper you have another option to run it from the same emulator (for PinEvent and normal Future Pinball tables) in your Launch and Close script.

(see FRONT-ENDs section)

PuP-Packs On Top

(for single screen Desktop users NOT using PUP Stream)

pup-packs on top

• I originally made this to help Pup-Packs work on a single screen setup
        • PuP-Packs (on startup) will run a pupinit.bat file if one exists in the PuP-Pack folder
        • simply copy the pupinit.bat to the PuP-Pack’s main folder, and run the table and pup-pack like normal
        • be sure to wait about 5 secs after the table starts
        • it may require editing the pupinit.bat to adjust the timing to work better for your setup

More info can be found here:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pup-packs-on-top-use-pup-packs-on-a-single-screen-desktop-view-fp-vpx-fx3-etc/

IMPORTANT: using “PuP-Packs on Top” is more of a last resort for desktop users who need to keep the Pup-Pack on top of the FP window.

There are better options to use that work much better with less problems and better performance.

Using PUP Stream (combined with a dummy plug monitor) works much better and allows Future Pinball to run in Fullscreen (read more in the PUP Stream section)

PINUP PLAYER

PUPPlayer

PinEvent has support for all of Pinup Player’s features:

• PuP-Packs for active video backglass / topper / dmd
        • SSF (surround sound feedback)
        • PUP DMD for a modern display for the score and text (4:1 standard / real dmd / 16:9 full size)

Install Pinup Player:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

…then update to Pinup Player 1.4.5 or higher (its REQUIRED for PinEvent PuP-Packs):

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

BEFORE INSTALLING PINUP PLAYER… NOTE THE FOLLOWING!

• be sure your Anti Virus and Windows Defender is disabled FIRST when installing and using PuP
        • be sure your Anti Virus and Windows Defender has “exceptions” added to the entire PinupSystem folder! (or PuP files may get removed)
        • be sure you are updated to the latest PuP version
        • be sure that there are no blocked PuP files
        • programs such as MSI Afterburner or other programs that interfere with PuP Overlays can cause problems
        • close out all other programs
        • don’t leave other windows open
        • DO NOT try to install VLC on your system or update the VLC within the PinupSystem folder
        • make sure your Text Scaling in Windows is 100 for ALL your screens
        • don’t have your PuP displays spill over onto another monitor
        • don’t have PuP displays or Windows monitors positioned in a negative position (above or to the left of your primary monitor)

PUP SSF

SSF Logo

• this is for surround sound feedback (SSF)
        • this will play ALL the mechanical sounds for flippers, bumpers, slings, ball drops, etc on your 5.1 or 7.1 setup
        • in 7.1, it should only play on the side and rear surround speakers (this is how it works in a cabinet, with the front speakers used only for game audio)
        • this will normally only work in surround with discrete analogue audio outputs on a sound card, not a digital audio output!
        • if you only have a 2 speaker setup, there is no benefit to using SSF

Normally only your main (primary) audio card in windows will work with PUP-SSF. However, an experimental feature does allow for a second audio card / device in Windows to be used for PUP SSF. More info here:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_other

PUP SSF 3D positional Ball Rolling in Future Pinball

Pinup Player now supports 3D positional Ball Rolling with PUP SSF

Future Pinball Sound and Music Levels and SSF

• PUP SSF sound levels are much lower than FP’s Sound or Music levels (by default)
        • you can’t adjust the sound level for PUP SSF Sounds (the volume adjustments in the PuP-Pak Editor has no affect)
        • you will most likely need to reduce the table’s FP Sound and Music level (using HOME/END and PAGEUP/PAGEDOWN) to noticeably hear the SSF sounds

Everyone’s SSF setup varies, as does each table. So you need to find what works best for you.

For me, I needed to have both FP’s Sound and Music volume levels at about 3 green bars.

PINUP PLAYER DISPLAYS

PuP Displays

• it’s VERY important to have your Pinup Player displays setup properly to ensure PuP-Packs and PUPDMD displays work correctly and also don’t interfere with other programs
        • using the correct display in the proper location is essential
        • there are new changes to what screens are used for certain PuP-Pack options
        • using the proper aspect ratio for specific pup displays is vital for PUPDMD to display correctly

To configure your Pinup Player displays, use PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat

Topper

• pup “Topper” resolution can typically be 1920×585, 1280×390, etc
        • for a cabinet this can be positioned on your topper monitor (if you have one) or on the top of half your middle split-screen (if you have one)
        • for a single screen desktop it should be on the Top Left, just below the DMD
        • in a PuP-Pack, this normally uses Screen 0
        • “default state” set to off

DMD

• used for PUP “DMD 4:1” and “Real DMD”
        • pup “DMD” resolution MUST be a 4:1 ratio (1920×480, 1280×320, etc)
        • for a cabinet, this display should be located on your DMD monitor (or backglass if you don’t have one)
        • for a single screen desktop it should be on the Top Left
        • in a PuP-Pack, DMD uses Screen 1

Backglass

• pup “Backglass” resolution MUST be a 16:9 ratio (1920×1080, 1280×720, etc)
        • for a cabinet this should be positioned on your backglass monitor
        • for a single screen desktop it should be on the Top Right
        • in a PuP-Pack, this normally uses Screen 2

Music

• used for PUP “FullDMD” on some VPX tables
        • pup “MUSIC” resolution MUST be a 16:9 ratio (1920×1080, 1280×720, etc)
        • for a cabinet this should be positioned on your 16:9 middle monitor (or backglass if you don’t have one)
        • in a PuP-Pack, this normally uses Screen 4
        • “default state” set to “sound only”

FullDMD/Apron

• used for PUP “FullDMD 16:9” on all PinEvent tables
        • pup “FullDMD” resolution MUST be a 16:9 ratio (1920×1080, 1280×720, etc)
        • for a cabinet this should be positioned on your 16:9 middle monitor (or backglass if you don’t have one)
        • in a PinEvent PuP-Pack, FullDMD uses Screen 5

Game Select

• used for “Backbox AIO” and “PuP Stream – Desktop” PuP-Pack options
        • in a PuP-Pack, this uses Screen 6

Cabinet Users with a Vertical “Square” display on their Backbox

• Game Select resolution MUST have a 1:1 ratio (1080×1080, etc)
        • must be positioned on the Backbox monitor

Cabinet Users with a 4:3 (1024×768) or 5:4 (1280×1024) display on their Backbox

• Game Select resolution MUST have a 4:3 (1024×768) or 5:4 (1280×1024) ratio to match the monitor’s resolution
        • must be positioned on the Backbox monitor

Desktop users (with a single monitor) using PUP Stream on a Dummy Monitor plug or equivalent

• Game Select resolution MUST be a 16:9 ratio (1920×1080, 1280×720, etc)
        • must be positioned on the dummy plug monitor (use quick position if needed)

Other PuP Displays

• if you are using the Pinup Popper front-end, then setup the remaining PuP Displays where they should be on your cabinet as per normal
        • for everyone else, the other displays are not important for PinEvent usage
        • you can position them on your Backglass if you have one
        • make sure the “default state” is set to off on all of them

Default State

• setting the “default state” to OFF is recommended to avoid any problems that may occur with PuP-Packs (on FP, VPX, etc) for those people who don’t have a dedicated monitor or space to display a Topper, Backglass, etc
        • for example, on some VPX PuP-Packs the Topper may appear hidden under the playfield screen (for someone with no Topper monitor)  and cause focus problems and the user would never see it to know

If you have a DEDICATED monitor / display space for a Backglass or Topper (like in a multiscreen cabinet), then you can set the Backglass and Topper displays to “Show Popup (hide Paused)”. Otherwise, set the Backglass and Topper to OFF.

On PinEvent tables, if a PuP-Pack has a Topper (and you want to use it on your Topper monitor), then you will always need to edit the table’s PuP-Pack and set the Topper to ForceON.

PUPDMD

PUP DMD

• this is Pinup Player’s Text Display that can combine with videos to display a stunning modern Text and Score screen
        • you need to set the DEFAULT settings for PUPDMD in PinEvent_Settings.vbs, based on your setup’s needs

'############### PUPDMD Default Settings ###############

PuPDMDDriverType = 2 ' 0 = LCD DMD (4:1), 1 = Real DMD, 2 = FULL DMD (16:9 fullsize screen)
        useDMDVideos = true ' true or false to use DMD splash videos. (false may be preferred for real DMDs that are monochrome)
        useRealDMDScale = 0 ' 0 or 1 for RealDMD scaling. (for Real DMDs only. If enabled, useDMDVideos should be set to False!)

To use PUPDMD you MUST:

• use the correct PuPDMDDriverType to match your cabinet or layout
        • PuPDMDDriverType MUST be the same as the PUPDMD used in your PuP-Pack option

Only if needed, you can override the default PUPDMD settings. This is done in the table script, in the section labelled PinEvent – CUSTOM SETTINGS. This may be needed if you use a PuP-Pack “Option” that doesn’t match your PUPDMD Default setting.

PUPDMD Options:

DMD (4:1 Standard size)

• PuPDMDDriverType = 0
        • uses pup “DMD” display for size and position
        • pup “DMD” display resolution MUST be a 4:1 ratio (1920×480,1280×320,etc)
        • for a cabinet, this display should be located on your DMD monitor (or backglass if you don’t have one)
        • in a PuP-Pack, this uses Screen 1

Real DMD

• PuPDMDDriverType = 1
        • mirrors the pup “DMD” display to a real DMD
        • pup “DMD” display resolution MUST be 512×128 and located on your Backglass monitor
        • in a PuP-Pack, this uses Screen 1
        • need to have PUPDMDControl installed and working (to mirror the PUPDMD)

More info on Real DMD setup can be found here:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=hardware

NOTE: Those who are using a Real DMD Option with any PuP-Pack needs to:

• edit the Pup-pack for each table with the PuP-Pack Editor
        • set Screen 1 (DMD) to ForceBack to try to hide the PuP DMD screen (that is being mirrored to the Real DMD)

Full DMD (16:9 full size)

• PuPDMDDriverType = 2
        • uses pup “FullDMD/Apron” display for size and position
        • pup “FullDMD
        • ” display resolution MUST be a 16:9 ratio (1920×1080,1280×720,etc)
        • in a PuP-Pack, this uses Screen 5

PUPDMD on the (16:9) BACKGLASS

• some pup-packs may have options that will have either a FULL DMD or standard DMD used on the backglass
        • even though the PUPDMD is not displayed on a separate screen, you still must choose the correct PuPDMDDriverType to match what PUPDMD the PuP-Pack uses.

Examples:

DMD on Backglass

FULL DMD on Backglass

Backbox AIO (with FullDMD)

• some pup-packs may have options that will have FullDMD, Backglass and a Speaker Panel displayed on the same monitor
        • this always uses FullDMD, so you must choose PuPDMDDriverType = 2

Backbox AIO - Square

PUP Stream – Desktop

• this is for (single screen) desktop users (or VR users) who are using PuP Stream features with a dummy plug monitor (or equivalent)
        • this PuP-Pack Option always uses FullDMD, and needs PuPDMDDriverType = 2

PuP Stream - Desktop

PUP Stream

Awesome new feature for PinEvent 1.4 !

• the new BAM PuP Plug-in allows you to stream any window into Future Pinball as any texture anywhere in the table
        • this allows you to see the PuP-Pack and PUPDMD “in” Future Pinball itself almost anywhere!
        • PinEvent PUP Stream options allow you to display ANY program’s window (not just PUP) on the Future Pinball Backbox, Backglass, FullDMD, Apron Cards, Desktop HUD, and on the playfield
        • works in ALL modes (Desktop, Cabinet, VR)

REQUIREMENTS for PUP Stream:

• the PuP windows (to be streamed) MUST be displayed and “visible” to Windows on a monitor, a dummy plug monitor, or a “fake” monitor (through a software driver)
        • PuP windows cannot be hidden or obscured
        • PuP windows cannot be displayed on a screen in Portrait orientation (“Backbox AIO – Square” Option can’t stream in portrait). They will just appear black.
        • the PuP windows must be displayed on a monitor / tv connected to your video card (not motherboard video card like Intel… it can cause crashing)
        • if your TV’s are flipped in Windows, then that may also affect the orientation of the PUP Stream, and PinEvent can’t change this

Who does it benefit?

Cabinet users can stream the Pup-pack, FullDMD, Topper (displayed on their cabinet screens), and see them on the playfield or apron cards

VR users can stream the PuP-Pack and FullDMD (displayed on a monitor or dummy plug monitor) and see them on the FP table and Backbox in VR. Very Cool!

Desktop (single screen) users can greatly benefit from being able to stream the PuP-Pack and FullDMD from a dummy plug monitor (or spare input of their monitor/tv, or a fake monitor driver), and be able to display them in FP on the Desktop HUD, and on the FP table and Backbox in “Fullscreen” mode! This is a much better solution compared to forcing FP to run in a fullscreen windowed mode and forcing the Pup windows on top of the FP window (which can give stuttery performance in FP)

Anyone with extra monitors could stream other programs like Netflix, Youtube, the hockey game, etc into your FP table in VR! Too cool!

Dummy Plug Monitor (for single screen desktop and VR users)

dummy plug

This is a dummy plug monitor. It’s small and you can leave it plugged in to your video card all the time (or laptop if using nvidia or amd gpu on that port).

It’s just a little dongle and they are cheap. They come in HDMI and Display Port, maybe VGA as well.

• this will act like a real monitor for Windows
        • you can use this to display the “PUP Stream – Desktop”  pup-pack option on the dummy monitor (you won’t visually see it)
        • use “Quick Position” in PuP Display settings to position “Game Select” on that dummy monitor. It must to be a 16:9 resolution like 1920×1080, 1280×720
        • when the table is run, the PuP-Pack will appear on the dummy monitor
        • now the PuP-Pack and FullDMD will be streamed into Future Pinball on the PinEvent table!
        • once setup you never think of it again. It’s super simple!

Spare inputs on your monitor or TV can also act as a dummy monitor as well! Just connect your video card to the unused hdmi / display port / vga input, and it should show up on Windows as another screen. Super simple!

Using this method with a dummy monitor is a much better option for single screen Desktop users!

It means you set it up once and never deal with forcing FP into Borderless Windowed Mode and forcing pup-packs on top of FP. Instead you get to run FP in Fullscreen which runs much better, and you never deal with focus issues, or layering problems.

New FAKE Monitor option for Desktop / VR users and PUPStream!

• you “may” be able to install a “fake monitor” driver that will act just like a normal 1920×1080 monitor (seen only by Windows, not your nvidia / amd gpu)
        • this works the same way as a dummy monitor plug would
        • nothing fancy… just run a BAT file to install the drivers
        • display the PinEvent pup-pack on this fake monitor
        • enable PUPStream
        • now you can run FP in fullscreen and see the pup-pack on your desktop or in VR!
        • you may need to re-enable to fake monitor on reboot of your PC (instructions included show command needed)

Download the “fake” monitor driver installer here:

https://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3030

How to use PUP Stream with no extra monitor to display the Pup-pack:

(for single screen desktop and vr users)

• be sure you have either a dummy plug, or “fake” monitor setup
        • in pup settings, you can use “Quick Position” to automatically size and position the “Game Select” pup display on your new fake monitor
        • now make sure the pup-pack is using the “Desktop PuPStream” option (run the BAT file in the pup-pack folder)
        • be sure your monitors are set to 100% text scaling
        • make sure you have PUPStream enabled in PinEvent_Settings.vbs
        • I would recommend only enabling the FullDMD in PUPStream options by default, as streaming more than one thing from the same monitor may cut your stream fps in half
        • there is no need to stream the pup Backglass on any table except for Jaws. You can use custom settings in the table script for Jaws to enable both FullDMD and BG
        • DO NOT run a “PuP-Packs on Top” pupinit.bat file in the pup-pack folder!
        • run FP in fullscreen (not windowed or forced borderless windowed)
        • when the table starts up, after about 6 seconds you should see the PinEvent pup-pack appear in the places you have enabled

How the PuP plug-in works:
        On the table startup, the pup plug-in will get the “location” of the “window” specified in the PUP Stream options. Once it starts streaming, it only uses that location for the stream. It no longer looks for the “window”. So if the window moves…or another program pops in front… then that is what you will see.

PUP Stream Options:

• you can enable / disable any of the PUP Stream options in PinEvent_Setttings.vbs
        • you can choose what “windows” are streamed with each PUP Stream option
        • you can also specify this per table in PinEvent Custom settings in the the table script

PUP Stream Options

RECOMMENDATIONS for PUP Stream:

• DO NOT enable PUP Stream at all until you have tables and PuP-Packs working normally with no problems FIRST!
        • streaming multiple “different” windows that are displayed on the same monitor / tv can cause heavy drops in fps for ALL PuP streams!
        • one window displayed per monitor / tv will have much better performance and almost no drop in PUP Stream fps (ex: 2 different windows on 2 different monitors)
        • the default is to use PuP Backglass (PUPSCREEN2) and PUP FullDMD (PUPSCREEN5) windows, but you can specify any window you want to display
        • you can use the “same” window multiple times on the different PUP Stream options with no additional drop in fps
        • not all PuP-Packs have full animated PuP Backglass videos. For these tables, it may be best to not bother streaming the PuP Backglass (and may give better fps in the streams, etc).
        • you can use Custom PinEvent settings per table in the table script to allow for cusomt PUP Stream options
        • not all PuP-Pack options can stream the PUP Backglass correctly (such as BackBOX AIO 4:3) or the FullDMD (such as the DMD 4:1 PuP-Pack options)
        • only enable PUP Stream options you will actually use!
        • if you can’t benefit from using PUP Stream, then just keep it disabled

How does PUP Stream work in PinEvent?

• if you have PUP Stream enabled, when the table starts up, it checks for whatever PUP Stream Options you have enabled, and verifies if the “window” for each PUP Stream option exists and is visible.
        • if the window is streamable, then the PUP stream option will be allowed to operate
        • after about 3 to 6 secs (the time set in PUP_Stream_Delay_Start), all PuP Stream options will display on the FP table
        • PinEvent will automatically determine what is needed to be displayed based on what valid PUP Stream options are enabled and available. So for example, if you only enable the FullDMD option (and no Backglass), the FP Backbox will stream the FullDMD with a nice speaker panel and a matching static Backglass image. It also does this for the “frames” that display with the Apron / HUD / playfield mini screen

Problems:

DO NOT enable PUP Stream until you have all PuP-Packs working correctly with no issues!

Cabinet users, be sure you don’t have the Future Pinball Backglass enabled (for PinEvent tables only) and be sure the FP Backglass is NOT covering the PuP-Pack…. or you may have this happen :)

PUP Stream and FP Backglass problem

PUP Stream and FP Backglass problem 2

This is happening because the Future Pinball Backglass window can pop “on top” of the PuP-Pack.

Since PUP Stream (by default) is setup to stream the “area” of the PUP Backglass (PUPSCREEN2)… what you are seeing is the Future Pinball backglass being streamed into itself over and over again!

• the best thing to do is to have the Future Pinball backglass and Arcade Mode settings disabled for PinEvent tables only (see the FUTURE PINBALL BACKGLASS section)
        • it’s also important to be sure you are using the “correct” PuP-Pack option for your cabinet’s setup and screens!

DOF (Direct Output Framework)

DOF

• if you are using DOF in a cabinet for feedback and lighting, you will need to be updated to DOF R3++
        • be sure you are update to the LATEST version of DOF R3++, or you may get errors / problems!
        • you will need to update your DOF config files from the DOF Config Tool website (to retrieve the PinEvent table’s DOF config)

DOF R3++

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/dll-updates.html

DOF CONFIG TOOL

http://configtool.vpuniverse.com/login.php

DOFLinx is NOT to be enabled while using PinEvent tables

DOFLinx Logo

• PinEvent does not use DOFLinx for DOF or PuP
        • if DOFLinx is enabled for FP (when running a PinEvent table), you may end up having DOFLinx and PinEvent DOF both triggering your DOF hardware at the same time (not good)
        • as of DOFLinx 7.20 (or higher), there is a new feature that allows you to change what programs (processes) will activate DOFLinx at anytime (not just at startup)
        • this can be used to “disable Future Pinball detection” when launching a PinEvent table (you don’t want FP being detected by DOFLinx)
        • you just use the command to NOT include Future Pinball in the PROCESSES that activate DOFLinx

OPTION 1

Disable Future Pinball detection with DOFLinx while running a PinEvent table

(this is an example, and you may need to edit it for your setup)

Add this to your launch script / actions (or BAT file) in your front-end. You would use this for launching a PinEvent table:

cd /d "C:\directoutput"
        DOFLinxMsg "PROCESSES=Pinball FX2,Pinball FX3"

Then you add this for launching normal Future Pinball and DOFLinx modded tables:

cd /d "C:\directoutput"
        DOFLinxMsg "PROCESSES=Pinball FX2,Pinball FX3,Future Pinball"

OPTION 2

CLOSE DOFLinx before running a PinEvent table

Another option would be to close DOFLinx before launching a PinEvent table using a taskkill command:

taskkill /f /im "doflinx.exe"

…and then starting DOFLinx again after exiting a PinEvent table.

cd /d c:\directoutput
        DOFLinx.exe

How to use this:

You can add the commands (for only ONE option) to a BAT file / launch script, to use with a separate “Future Pinball PinEvent” emulator in your front-end…

…or with Popper you have another option to run it from the same emulator (for PinEvent and normal Future Pinball tables) in your Launch and Close script.

(see FRONT-ENDs section)

FUTUREDMD, FPIntercept and PUPDMDCONTROL

FutureDMD

If you are using FutureDMD, or pupdmdcontrol.exe to mirror Future Pinball’s DMD to separate virtual DMD window:

• these should NOT be launched or running in the background if you are using any PUPDMD features
        • this is because they are not needed, and they could also cause focus problems if they are run at the same time as a PuP-Pack and PUPDMD

real dmd

If you are using FPIntercept to mirror Future Pinball’s DMD to a Real DMD:

• FPIntercept can run at the same time if you are using PUPDMD “FULL DMD 16:9” option or the “DMD 4:1 option”
        • you cannot use the PUP “Real DMD option” and FP Intercept at the same time

FRONT-END MEDIA

No Media ON

• be sure you don’t have ANY front-end media still being displayed in the same screens / areas as the PuP-Pack for that table
        • this could cause them to be obscured or may cause focus issues when the table is launched

FRONT-ENDS

• how to launch PinEvent tables with front-ends and make it all work the easy way

Let’s bring everything together and make it all work

• PinEvent tables normally don’t use the Future Pinball Backglass, FutureDMD, FP Intercept or DOFLinx
        • it’s highly recommended to NOT have them enabled (for PinEvent tables only) to avoid all problems that could occur

Don’t forget you need to have BAM’s “Force Arcade Mode” enabled in the BAM Addons menu, to still be able to use the “Static Cam” cabinet view!

Force Arcade Mode

**** On a multi-screen cabinet, the following methods are recommended for using PinEvent tables with a front-end! ****

pbx

Option 1 (PBX, PBY and Popper) – Use a “Future Pinball” emulator and a “Future Pinball PinEvent” emulator

Setup the “Future Pinball PinEvent” emulator with the following:

In your Launch settings:

• disable the Future Pinball backglass and Arcade mode (in the registry)
        • do NOT launch FutureDMD, or anything else not needed for PinEvent tables
        • you must have DOFLinx paused / disabled to avoid having both DOFLinx and PinEvent triggering DOF at the same time

In your Exit Emulator settings:

• enable the Future Pinball backglass and Arcade mode (in the registry)
        • enable DOFLinx

Setup your “Future Pinball” emulator Launch settings to do the following:

• launch FutureDMD, FP Intercept or anything else you need for DMD displays
        • enable DOFLinx

In the Games Manager, for PinEvent tables, don’t keep any videos/images displayed on your screens (where the Pup-Packs display their content)

popper_logo-1024x638-1038x647

Option 2 (Popper only) – Use one Emulator for all PinEvent and normal Future Pinball tables

Have the Launch Script do the following if a table is tagged (for PinEvent) in Games Manager using one of the Custom Variable fields:

• disable the Future Pinball backglass and Arcade mode (in the registry)
        • DO NOT launch FutureDMD, or anything else not needed for PinEvent tables
        • have DOFLinx activation “processes” changed (to NOT include Future Pinball) to avoid having both DOFLinx and PinEvent triggering DOF at the same time

Have the Launch script ALSO do the following if a table is NOT tagged (for PinEvent) in Games Manager using one of the Custom Variable fields:

• launch FutureDMD, FP Intercept or anything else you need for DMD displays

For your Close Script do the following:

• change DOFLinx “processes” to include Future Pinball again

In Games Manager, for each PinEvent table:

• set “Keep Displays ON” to NONE (the actual word “none”) to have no Popper media displayed while playing
        • or set it with the PuP display numbers for the Popper media you want keep on. Be sure its not a display used by the table’s PuP-Pack

Here is an “example” for what I use on my cabinet to launch PinEvent tables and normal Future Pinball tables from one emulator.

• you may need to edit this for your setup as everyone may have their programs installed to different locations, etc
        • always check any examples I give you, as you may need to possibly change a script for your system’s setup

(this works with Pinup Popper only)

I add this to my Future Pinball Launch Script:

rem Enable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
        REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

rem Disable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode if "Custom Launch Param" = NO_BackGlass

if "[custom1]"=="NO_BackGlass" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)
        if "[custom1]"=="NO_BackGlass" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

rem Run FutureDMD ONLY IF "Custom Var #2" DOES NOT = NO_FutureDMD

if NOT "[custom2]"=="NO_FutureDMD" (cd "c:\Games\Future Pinball")
        if NOT "[custom2]"=="NO_FutureDMD" (START "" "FutureDMD.exe" table="[GAMENAME]" close=1)
        if NOT "[custom2]"=="NO_FutureDMD" (timeout /t 1)

rem Disable DOFLinx if "Custom Var #3" = NO_DOFLinx

if "[custom3]"=="NO_DOFLinx" (cd /d "C:\directoutput")
        if "[custom3]"=="NO_DOFLinx" (DOFLinxMsg "PROCESSES=Pinball FX2,Pinball FX3")

rem Launch Future Pinball

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 10 5 60 "BSP Software*"
        START "" "[DIREMU]\FPLoader.exe" /open "[GAMEFULLNAME]" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

…and I add this to my Close Script:

"[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "Future Pinball" 2 1

cd /d c:\directoutput
        DOFLinxMsg "PROCESSES=Pinball FX2,Pinball FX3,Future Pinball"

….then just add your options to any PinEvent table in Games Manager. That’s it!

• here you can see what I add to the 3 different Variable fields in Popper’s Games Manager
        • now any PinEvent table I add those to will now NOT use DOFLinx, NOT use FutureDMD, and NOT use the FP Backglass and Arcade mode
        • you don’t need to keep them as separate options either
        • for example: you can create another “PinEvent” option used with Custom Var #3 (and the others blank) that does everything. Just add all commands it into the script but have the commands use custom3

NOTE: That variables are case sensitive. NO_BackGlass will work. No_BackGlass will NOT work!

Popper_GamesManager_PinEvent

HOW TO INSTALL and USE a PinEvent TABLE and PuP-Pack:

Table ZIP file

So now you have PinEvent installed and setup for your PUP and DOF features, as well as your Front-End.

Now it’s time to install a table and PuP-Pack!

Installing and Using a PinEvent table and PuP-Pack

If you have PinEvent and PuP correctly installed, setup and working, then adding a new PinEvent table should be as simple as:

• install table files (consult my Future Pinball and BAM Mega guide if you don’t know where those files go)
        • if using any PUP features, copy the table’s Pup-Pack folder into your PUPVideos folder (typically “PinupSystem\PUPVideos”)
        • run the “Option xx – xxxx.bat” in the PuP-Pack folder that matches your cabinet / layout and your PUPDMD settings
        • make sure your front end isn’t running other unneeded apps or displaying media in the display areas of the PuP-Pack
        • update your DOF config files from DOF Config Tool (if using DOF features)
        • run the table
        • adjust the FP Sound and FP Music levels in game (if needed) to be able to hear / match the SSF sound levels (if using SSF)
        • done

RUN THE TABLE:

• use BAM (FPLoader.exe) to run the table like normal
        • the PuP-Pack should automatically start (if using PuP features)
        • DOF feedback and lighting should work right away (if using DOF)

EXITING THE TABLE:

• when you exit a PinEvent table, the PuP-Pack windows should all close and DOF lighting and feedback should stop
        • when exiting a table, COMPLETELY close the table and Future Pinball BEFORE you try to play or load another table!
        • this is to ensure there aren’t any left over processes of FP or Pup still running in the background that may prevent PuP or the table from working correctly on the next load

TABLE SCRIPT OPTIONS:

• the tables have user options for PinEvent and the table somewhere at the top of the table script

NIGHT MODE

• toggling the night mode key will turn off a cabinet’s DOF noise makers, and instead play either FP or SSF mechanical sounds
        • by default the night mode key is J (this can be changed in PinEvent_Settings.vbs)

PUP-PACK OPTIONS

pup-pack options

For each of my PinEvent updated tables and Pup-Packs, I use one PuP-Pack that includes multiple options for PUPDMD without the need to copy and paste different files for different cabinet setups, or make changes to the PuP-Pack. (always follow directions from the table / pup-pack download)

To choose your PuP-Pack Option:

• go into the PuP-Pack folder, and double-click on the BAT file for the Option you want
        • this will copy the correct *.pup files (from the PuP-Pack_Options folder) to the main PuP-Pack folder
        • your Pup-Pack is ready to go! Super easy!

It’s important to choose a PuP-Pack that is correct for your cabinet setup, and that it matches your PUPDMD settings!

• your PuPDMDDriverType in PinEvent_Settings.vbs MUST match the PUPDMD you are using in the PuP-Pack
        • or if you are using “PinEvent – CUSTOM SETTINGS” in the table script… then that PuPDMDDriverType MUST match the PUPDMD you are using in the PuP-Pack

IMPORTANT: PuP-Packs will always startup and display ALL their enabled pup screens if you have PinEvent PUP features enabled.

• by default, I will have the Backlass, PUPDMD, and SSF enabled in each PuP-Pack
        • if there is a Topper option (indicated on the table’s download page), I normally have it disabled by default. You will need to set it to ForceOn using the PuP-Pack Editor (only if you have a Topper monitor)

If there are some PuP features you don’t want to see or use, their PuP Screen in the PuP-Pack MUST be set to OFF using the PuP-Pack Editor!

• if you are NOT using PUPDMD,  you MUST still disable the PuP-Pack’s PUPDMD screen (set Screen 1 or 5 to OFF)
        • if you are NOT using the PuP-Pack Backglass videos, all the pup screens it uses must all be set to OFF
        • if you are NOT using Topper videos, the pup screen it uses must be set to OFF

DO NOT MODIFY the PUP-PACK’s Screen Mode Settings!

• the PuP-Pack’s Screen Mode settings (ForceOn, ForcePop, ForceBack, ForcePopBack,etc) are NOT to be changed!
        • they are set the way they are for a good reason in order for all layers of the PuP-Pack to work correctly!
        • the only time you can make a change is to disable an undesired PuP Screen feature (set to OFF), or to enable a Topper (ForceOn)

PinEvent TABLES

PinEvent Tables

Here is where you can find PinEvent modded FP tables (and their PuP-Packs):

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/future-pinball-pinevent-tables/

SUMMARY

Installing and Using a PinEvent table and PuP-Pack

If you have PinEvent, PuP, DOF and your Front-End correctly installed, setup and working, then adding a new PinEvent table should be as simple as:

• install table files
        • install Pup-Pack files (if using any PUP features)
        • run the “Option xx – xxxx.bat” in the PuP-Pack folder that matches your cabinet / layout and your PUPDMD settings
        • make sure your front end isn’t running others unneeded apps or displaying media in the display areas of the PuP-Pack
        • update your DOF config files from DOF Config Tool (if using DOF features)
        • run the table
        • adjust the FP Sound and FP Music levels in game (if needed) to be able to hear / match the SSF sound levels (if using SSF)
        • done

Be sure that you completely close Future Pinball after exiting a game every time before trying to load and play another table!

PROBLEMS?

If the Table, PuP-Pack, PUPDMD, or DOF still isn’t working, check the FAQ!

Debugger

DEBUG MODE

You can try running the table in DEBUG mode (launch with F9).

I have included messages that indicate:

• what is detected as installed (DOF, PUP)
        • what mode FP is run in (desktop, Cabinet, VR)
        • what PinEvent profile is being used
        • if PinEvent Custom Settings from the table script are being used
        • what you have set for the “default” PuPDMDDriverType
        • what PuPDMDDriverType is actually being used
        • what is enabled and being used (DOF, PUP, SSF, PUPDMD, etc)
        • what DOF / SSF / PUP triggers are being used in real time
        • and more!

It can be very helpful to narrow down what is happening behind the scenes!

CHECKLIST

This is a more thorough checklist of what you should do for EVERY new PinEvent table and Pup-Pack install:

• ALWAYS follow instructions on the table’s download PAGE!
        • copy the FP PinEvent table to your Tables folder and any other files it uses to their respective folders
        • copy the PuP-Pack to the PUPVideos folder
        • in the PuP-Pack folder, run the”Option xx – xxxx.bat” for the PuP-Pack option you want based on your PUPDMD needs
        • only if required, disable the PuP-Pack screens for features you are NOT using (Topper, Backglass, DMD, SSF)
        • be sure the PUPDMD used in the PuP-Pack is correct for your cabinet / setup and it matches your PUPDMD settings!
        • if you require a custom PinEvent or PUPDMD setting for the table, edit the PinEvent Custom Settings in the table script to match your needs
        • there may be user “table” options at the top of the table script you might want to check out
        • be sure there is no front-end media set to display on the screens / areas of the PuP-Pack when launching the table
        • be sure the front-end isn’t launching unnecessary programs like FutureDMD or pupdmdcontrol.exe (if using PUPDMD features)
        • be sure DOFLinx is disabled / paused while launching  and playing PinEvent tables
        • when running the FP table, adjust the FP Sound and Music if needed (using HOME/END and PAGEUP/PAGEDOWN) to allow the PUP SSF to be heard better

PinEvent_FP FAQ

FAQ:

Here I have organized answers to the most common problems or questions I get asked about PinEvent

****** PinEvent Specific Problems ******

When I run PinEvent tables, I get an error like:  pDMDsetpage error, variable not defined” or “initTrakedSoundBalls”

This kind of error can indicate the following:

• PinEvent vbs files can’t be found
        • COM Extensions plug-in isn’t working
        • Pinup Player can’t be accessed
        • DOF can’t be accessed
        • windows security or admin settings on something is preventing dof or pup from being accessed

STEPS TO TRY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM

Run FP in DEBUG mode (F9) each time! It will tell you what is happening and help you out!

CLOSE Future Pinball completely EVERY TIME you exit the table and load it to try again.

Then try these steps in order:

• be sure FuturePinball.exe is NOT Run as Admin
        • set FPloader.exe to NOT Run as Admin
        • be sure the PinEvent vbs files are not blocked by Windows
        • be sure the COM Extensions file is not blocked by Windows
        • disable Windows Defender (it may prevent PinEvent vbs files from working)
        • disable all DOF and PUP options in PinEvent_Settings.vbs for the mode you are trying to use (Desktop, Cabinet/Arcade mode, VR)
        • DON’T enable PUP Stream at all until you have everything working with no errors or crashing!
        • if the table now runs fine with DOF and all PUP features disabled… then PinEvent vbs files are working!
        • now try enabling either DOF or PUP options (all pup features on or off together). Only one or the other!
        • see what DEBUG window tells you to help narrow it down
        • if you can get one or the other working on their own, that is good
        • you may need to Run FPLoader.exe as ADMIN or NOT as Admin. Try both.
        • its possible that either DOF or PUP will work with Admin set one way, but the other may not
        • if that is the case… then some of your pup files may be set to Run as Admin (and should NOT be Run as Admin)
        • or your DOF install may be restricting access to FP because of security / admin issues
        • ideally… nothing on your system should need to be Run as Admin at all so it all works nicely together

If you can’t get both DOF and PUP working at the same time (but they work if the other is disabled)… that is not a PinEvent problem.

Its a Windows security / Admin / access problem that you need to figure out. Something in either DOF or PuP related files needs a setting change, or they may need to be updated.

Table crashes shortly after it starts and the PuP-Pack shows…

• disable PUP Stream in PinEvent_Settings.vbs for the modes you are using
        • reboot the computer
        • if the table and PuP-Pack plays fine, with no crashes… see the PUP Stream section in the FAQ and the Install Guide for more info

The COM Extensions plug-in does not show up in BAM plug-ins menu…

• go here and install EVERY version (x86 and x64) of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019.:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

• reboot, and check your plug-ins again.
        • if you have UAC (User Account Control) enabled at all… then you may need to reduce the level to allow the PinEvent files to be used

I want the option to play a PinEvent table with PuP features, but also be able to play the same table without PuP features…

What’s the easiest way to do this?

• OPTION 1 – use Custom Settings in table script
        • make two copies of the table
        • on the table that will NOT use PUP features, edit the table script to enable PinEvent Custom Settings
        • in the PinEvent Custom Settings, disable the features you don’t want to use
        • this table will no longer run with those features enabled
        • OPTION 2 – use PinEvent Profile Custom 1 or 2
        • make two copies of the table
        • on the table that will NOT use PUP features, edit the table script and set the PinEvent Profile to Custom 1 (4) or Custom 2 (5)
        • edit PinEvent_Settings.vbs and change the settings for the same Custom 1 or 2 PinEvent Profile to use the features you want
        • the table will now use that PinEvent Profile’s settings

****** DOF ******

I don’t get DOF for the table…

• be sure the table has a DOF config. The FP tables are normally labelled as FP-PE_xxxxx on the DOF Config Tool web site
        • make sure you have generated new and updated DOF config files from the DOF Config Tool website and installed them on your cabinet
        • be sure the COM Extensions plug-in shows up on BAM in-game menu “Addons” and is enabled
        • be sure you have the DOF features enabled in PinEvent_Settings.vbs for the FP mode you are running in (desktop / cabinet / vr)
        • only if needed, enable the PinEvent – CUSTOM SETTINGS in the table script, and enable DOF
        • you “may” need to change your UAC security setting level (higher or lower)
        • completely close FP each time after exiting a table before loading and playing another table
        • read the next section

DOF problems with Run as Administrator

• if DOF does not work with PinEvent, then running FPLoader.exe as Administrator “might” be required for it to work
        • however, it’s also possible that DOF will only work if FPLoader.exe is NOT Run as Administrator
        • try both to see which works… but DO NOT set FuturePinball.exe to Run as Administrator!
        • doing this “may” need to be combined with changing your UAC level (higher or lower) as well

****** Pinup Player ******

The PuP-Pack runs, but I can’t see all of it because FP’s window / backglass obstructs it…

• goto the FUTURE PINBALL BACKGLASS or the “Pup-Packs On Top” sections for solutions

I’m having problems getting Pinup Player to work…

• be sure your Anti Virus and Windows Defender is disabled FIRST when installing and using PuP
        • be sure your Anti Virus and Windows Defender has “exceptions” added to the entire PinupSystem folder! (or PuP files may get removed)
        • be sure you are updated to the latest PuP version
        • be sure that there are no blocked PuP files
        • try running FP in a smaller window and disabling the FP Backglass to be sure PuP isn’t running  underneath those FP windows
        • programs such as MSI Afterburner or other programs that interfere with Overlays can cause problems
        • close out all other programs
        • don’t leave other windows open
        • DO NOT try to install VLC on your system or update the VLC within the PuP folder
        • make sure your Text Scaling in Windows is 100 for ALL your monitors
        • don’t have your PuP displays spill over onto another monitor
        • don’t have PuP displays or Windows monitors positioned in a negative position (above or to the left of your primary monitor)

The PuP-Pack doesn’t start…

• be sure the COM Extensions plug-in shows up on BAM in-game menu “Addons” and is enabled
        • be sure you have the PUP features enabled in PinEvent_Settings.vbs for the FP mode you are running in (desktop / cabinet / vr)
        • only if needed, enable the PinEvent – CUSTOM SETTINGS in the table script, and enable the PUP features you need
        • try running FP in a smaller window and disable the FP backglass temporarily to see if the Pup-Pack windows are appearing elsewhere
        • try alt-tabbing and see if the PuP-Pack windows are running and possibly hidden
        • you may need to reduce your UAC security setting level
        • completely close FP each time after exiting a table before loading and playing another table

****** PUPDMD ******

The table and PuP-Pack work… but I don’t see any Score or Text…

• it’s important to choose a PuP-Pack that correctly matches your cabinet setup and PUPDMD settings!
        • your PuPDMDDriverType in PinEvent_Settings.vbs MUST match the PUPDMD you are using in the PuP-Pack
        • or if you are using “PinEvent – CUSTOM SETTINGS” in the table script… then that PuPDMDDriverType MUST match the PUPDMD you are using in the PuP-Pack

The PUPDMD Score and Text don’t fit the screen correctly…

• if using PuP-Pack “DMD” options, your PuP “DMD” display MUST be set to a 4:1 resolution!
        • if using PuP-Pack “FULL DMD” options, your PuP “FullDMD” display MUST be set to a 16:9 resolution!

On all the PUPDMD displays, the words are followed by numbers, like this: “TerryRed|255” or “John Carpenter|78341″…

• you aren’t properly updated to Pinup Player 1.45 or higher

****** PUP SSF and Future Pinball Sound ******

I can’t hear the SSF on the table…

• PUP SSF sound levels are much lower than FP’s Sound or Music levels (by default). You will most likely need to reduce the table’s FP Sound and Music level using HOME/END and PAGEUP/PAGEDOWN.
        • be sure you have the PUP_SSF features enabled in PinEvent_Settings.vbs for the FP mode you are running in (desktop / cabinet / vr)
        • only if needed, enable the PinEvent – CUSTOM SETTINGS in the table script, and enable PUP_SSF

****** PUP Stream ******

When I run the table, I see only white images where the PUP Streams should be…

• be sure you completely close FP every time after exiting a table, before trying to load and start another table

I use the Backbox AIO – Square option, and all PUP Streams show up as black…

• PUP Stream won’t stream from windows displayed on a monitor/tv in set to Portrait orientation in Windows Display settings

PUP Stream works, but the pup displays streamed into FP are flipped

• this is the result of having one of your other monitors set to flipped
        • there is no way for PUP Stream to correct this
        • its best to have ALL of your monitors and TVs set to normal

The table crashes when using PUP Stream…

• PUP Stream only works properly when streaming from windows displayed on you video card
        • streaming from a window display on a monitor connected to a motherboard GPU can cause a crash
        • it may be possible that your setup may have something running that interferes with the PuP plug-in
        • if you cannot resolve the crashing problem, keep PUP Stream disabled

****** Future Pinball ******

Some Tables crash when Loading or while playing…

• make sure you use my exact Future Pinball Video settings and the Editor settings shown in my FP Mega Guide
        • don’t use a modified FuturePinball.exe
        • this is really important to have maximum compatibility with most of the tables
        • always completely exit Future Pinball before loading and trying another table

The table loads but is stuck at “Loading Shadow Maps” or “Loading Ball”…

• the problem is BAM can’t load the shadowmaps from the table (if they are integrated), or it can’t create them for the table
        • for most people this is caused by having the wrong FP Video Settings
        • make sure you use my exact Future Pinball Video settings and the Editor settings shown in my FP Mega Guide
        • close FP and try again
        • if all else fails, you can always edit the table script and disable the xBAM.ShadowMap commands in Sub BAM_Init()

Do PinEvent tables play better than older Future Pinball tables?

• yes, if the table has been updated to use new BAM dynamic physics which is a vast improvement over old FP physics

Do PinEvent tables play like Visual Pinball X tables?

• I will say new Future Pinball tables don’t play the “same” as Visual Pinball X
        • if the table has been properly updated to use new BAM dynamic physics, this is a vast improvement over old FP physics
        • I can do flick passes, dead flips and can make most of my shots on many new updated FP tables
        • I do find the last 15% of the flipper tip tends to shoot wider than VPX
        • many people think the newer tables to play just fine

I want to make changes to the table’s physics for my own personal preference. How do I do that?

• table editor – Physics: Table Slope. This can give the ball a more weighted feel to it
        • click on the flippers / bumpers,etc on the table editor – Physics: Strength and Elasticity
        • in the table script see if you can find a section called PHYSICS. The green xml code is where you can change the basic physics settings
        • in the table script you will find a section called “Dynamic Flippers”. This code makes use of the new BAM dynamic physics. You can change some settings here for your preferred flipper physics

When I make changes to BAM’s Post Processing and Lighting… the changes I make aren’t kept the next time I load the table…

• by default, when the table loads, it uses specific settings from the table script for Post Processing and Lighting (TerryRed’s settings)
        • if you want to use your own settings, then in the table script section USER’s TABLE OPTIONS: set use_Table_BAM_LightPresets = false
        • this will now allow your BAM settings to be used for Post Processing and Lighting
        • be careful about making drastic changes to this, as the rest of the table lighting and inserts were adjusted for specific settings.
        • if available, you can adjust the rest of the lights in the USER’s TABLE OPTIONS to match your preference

How do I get rid of the FP DMD / Scores / Videos / Logo on the playfield screen?

• in the BAM in-game Addons menu, there are options to remove both the FP Logo and HUD Overlays

I have ball stutter or non smooth gameplay…

• go to BAM´s “config / addon” Menu in game. At the bottom set the “Framerate Limiter Mode” from “auto” to “off” exit FP and try again, and see if that helps
        • if you are running in forced Borderless Windowed mode, and are using PUPDMD, then this “can” result in stutters, and I don’t know why
        • If I run FP in Fullscreen, and have the PUPDMD and PuP-Pack on other screens I have never had any issues with stutters
        • Windows Defender or other Malware / Antivirus programs WILL cause performance issues if they are running. This is because they are always checking messages sent out from vbs files. Make sure you don’t have any form of this type of software running while playing!

END OF FAQ

BIG THANKS TO:

• @Nailbuster for his PUPDMD Framework, PinUP Player, and help with all of the vbs code needed for DOF and PUP… and for the COM Extensions plug-in for BAM
        • @ravarcade for his work on the excellent BAM over the years, and for help with the COM Extensions plug-in for BAM
        • @ravarcade and @DJRobX for the BAM PuP Plug-in (used for PUP Stream)
        • @swisslizard for DOF
        • @DDH69 for his work on DOFLinx… it’s what got me started down this path
        • @arngrim and @Deegor for DOF Config Tool
        • @randr for hosting Future Pinball and PinEvent content
        • Chris Leathley for Future Pinball. I wouldn’t have started this hobby without it

All up to date info will always be on this post. Check back here for any new updates to PinEvent!

I worked really hard on PinEvent (and this monster of a guide page), so I hope you enjoy it!

TerryRed

Disclaimer and Terms of Usage:

I have made PinEvent and my PinEvent tables so they can be shared and enjoyed by the entire virtual pinball community.

I have created the PinEvent vbs files / code and all my PinEvent tables / mods in a way so they will work in ALL setups. This includes desktop, vr, and ALL cabinet setups which will include 3 screen / 2 screen / real DMD, etc.

There is no need or reason to edit or mod any PinEvent table (except for custom PinEvent settings), or a need to edit the pup-packs in order to get them to work on ANY setup and have them work as intended by myself and the “correct” way.

I have no problem with anyone changing or modding my tables / pup-packs for “personal” use.

I DO NOT authorize anyone to distribute any of my PinEvent tables / mods / pup-packs or the PinEvent vbs files or code, or distribute any mod of such, for any reason on any site / group / share of any sort, unless I have given permission to do so.

You can use portions of PinEvent code (in relation to adding DOF and PUP working) on your own FP table in the table script… but do not use the PinEvent specific code on any table.

Please do not use the name PinEvent in reference to any other table or code, or in relation to adding DOF or PUP to a FP table.

If you have downloaded anything to do with PinEvent from another site or location that I have not posted myself… or are using a modded version, then you are not using proper PinEvent tables / software / pup-packs.

I will NOT give support to anything except for the PinEvent vbs files / tables / pup-packs I myself have posted on this site.

PinEvent represents my own personal work and standard that I have worked very hard to create… and also “support”.

All I ask is that you get it from the source where I have posted it. Doing so will ensure it will always work as intended with any updates to PinEvent or the tables / pup-packs I create (which are often)… as well as any changes I have made to ensure compatibility with new updates / features from BAM.

If you do download and play a PinEvent table from here… PLEASE give feedback on THIS site’s forum… and even better post videos of it in your cabinet. It’s the only way I can ever know if people enjoy what I create… or if I need to make any fixes.

Thank you.

TerryRed

goodGRIEFF76
        Participant
          @goodgrieff76

I was wondering if you might be able to point me in the right direction as I followed the install instructions…and when I fired it up, I get Error on line 350 – Variable is undefined “pinmechevent”

Thank you,

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

If you’re having problems getting this running correctly you probably missed something in the directions go back and check
            Are you on the latest version of bam:  https://www.ravarcade.pl/download
            PinEvent:  https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-for-future-pinball/
            RetroFlair BAM Edition – PinEvent:  https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/retroflair-bam-edition-pinevent/
            Halloween Ultimate Pro – PinEvent:  https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-for-future-pinball/

TerryRed
              @terryred

I was wondering if you might be able to point me in the right direction as I followed the install instructions…and when I fired it up, I get Error on line 350 – Variable is undefined “pinmechevent”

Thank you,

Be sure you have the PinEvent files installed in the right location.

Be sure none of the install files are blocked by windows.

If the COM Extensions plug-in is properly working end enabled… then something on your system is preventing the vbs files from being loaded… or they weren’t installed correctly.

coreduo0099
              Participant
                @coreduo0099

@goodGRIEFF76 are you sure you have the current BAM installed?  I saw something like that when troubleshooting and reverted to an older BAM

1 user thanked author for this post.
                goodGRIEFF76
                Participant
                  @goodgrieff76

@coreduo0099 I really appreciate the help and I have tried going back through everything twice now and still receiving the same error.  After trying to update it all twice, now all my FP talbles have errors.   I guess it’s just not in the cards for me and I’m going to cut my losses.

redrooster
                  Participant
                    @redrooster

This looks very daunting, but I decided to give it a shot…

I can’t even get the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 to properly install…

TerryRed
                      @terryred

This looks very daunting, but I decided to give it a shot…

I can’t even get the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 to properly install…

Virtual Pinball is always daunting… this is just another option.

If you already have FP and BAM working “correctly” (with other tables) and PuP “properly” installed…then PinEvent is easy to setup.

I just need to cover every type of setup out there…so most of this text is all about that.

The install and setup of PinEvent itself is really simple.

You should get those installed for COM Extensions (and many other programs for that matter) to work correctly. That said… if COM Extensions “is” working, then you should be good for that potion.

redrooster
                      Participant
                        @redrooster

I DO have FP/BAM working correctly, as well as PuP (with VPX tables) also correctly.  So maybe i’ll give it a shot without the C++ update and see what happens.

Duane D
                        Participant
                          @duaned

First and For Most, Thank you Terry!  I got everything going, I saw the section on FP Intercept… I have a real DMD, any script or solution to stop FP Intercept on PinEvent Tables only?

TerryRed
                            @terryred

First and For Most, Thank you Terry! I got everything going, I saw the section on FP Intercept… I have a real DMD, any script or solution to stop FP Intercept on PinEvent Tables only?

Either

• use another emulator in your front-end for PinEvent tables only (disable the FP Backglass and Arcade mode, and not run FP Intercept)
                            • or if using Popper use a script similar to what I show for “disabling the FP Backglass for PinEvent tables only”, that will NOT run FPIntercept. Just change what is there for FPIntercept instead.
                            goodGRIEFF76
                            Participant
                              @goodgrieff76

When it says

go here and install EVERY version (x86 and x64, each year as well) of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019.:

I’m not 100% sure what this means.  You mention “each year as well”, is there a link for each year?

This is what I see:

Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019

Download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019. The following updates are the latest supported Visual C++ redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019. Included is a baseline version of the Universal C Runtime see MSDN for details.

x86: vc_redist.x86.exe
                              x64: vc_redist.x64.exe
                              ARM64: vc_redist.arm64.exe

There are 4 links on that Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 and I installed the 64, the 86 and the ARM64 I think it was…I also clicked on the link Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 that had 3 options, and only one was free and then it wanted me to install 20+ some items like python, ASP.net, AZURE, Node.js and 15+ more

Do I need to install all 20 some of those tools/etc?  And where are all the yeas you were referring to?

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              TerryRed
                                @terryred

When it says

go here and install EVERY version (x86 and x64, each year as well) of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019.:

I’m not 100% sure what this means. You mention “each year as well”, is there a link for each year?

This is what I see:

Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019

Download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019. The following updates are the latest supported Visual C++ redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019. Included is a baseline version of the Universal C Runtime see MSDN for details.

x86: vc_redist.x86.exe

x64: vc_redist.x64.exe

ARM64: vc_redist.arm64.exe

There are 4 links on that Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 and I installed the 64, the 86 and the ARM64 I think it was…I also clicked on the link Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 that had 3 options, and only one was free and then it wanted me to install 20+ some items like python, ASP.net, AZURE, Node.js and 15+ more

Do I need to install all 20 some of those tools/etc? And where are all the yeas you were referring to?

These two from Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 “should” be enough to get the COM Extensions plug-in working. This is for both 32 bit and 64 bit. Install both.

x86: vc_redist.x86.exe
                                x64: vc_redist.x64.exe

The ARM versions you don’t install, as that is meant for mobile stuff.

If after installing that and rebooting… the COM Extensions plug-in is not working… THEN try going to the other years on that same page:

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update.

…and get the vc_redist.x86.exe and vc_redist.x64.exe from each of those.

These are all updates you ideally would already have…but I can’t assume anything for anyone else’s setup…. so it’s why I recommend installing / updating them all.

redrooster
                                Participant
                                  @redrooster

So, for what it’s worth, I continued on after the c++ confusion (skipped it to be honest), and things seem to be running mostly.

I say mostly because while I’m getting at least some videos to trigger on Halloween, I don’t think it’s all of them, and I’m not getting any on RetroFlair.

Overall, though, even without the videos, gameplay, SSF, looks, etc… on Halloween are amazing.  So, I’ll spend some time tomorrow or layer in the week going back over to see if I missed something.

thanks for the cool idea, as I’ll say again that FP May lead to the future of Stern Spike Tables being emulated in our virtual pinball world, so I’m glad more progression is being made.

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

So, for what it’s worth, I continued on after the c++ confusion (skipped it to be honest), and things seem to be running mostly.

I say mostly because while I’m getting at least some videos to trigger on Halloween, I don’t think it’s all of them, and I’m not getting any on RetroFlair.

Overall, though, even without the videos, gameplay, SSF, looks, etc… on Halloween are amazing. So, I’ll spend some time tomorrow or layer in the week going back over to see if I missed something.

thanks for the cool idea, as I’ll say again that FP May lead to the future of Stern Spike Tables being emulated in our virtual pinball world, so I’m glad more progression is being made.

If you are specific with:

• what your setup is (cabinet, 2 screen, LCD DMD, Full DMD, desktop, etc)
                                    • what pup-pack option you tried
                                    • what pupdmddrivertype you have set
                                    • did you try pup-packs on top

…that would help narrow down your problem.

redrooster
                                    Participant
                                      @redrooster

D919F547-E8F7-42C7-8838-52EB80DC183A

Cabinet, 3 screens, lcd DMD, and I don’t aim for this to be anyone’s problem but my own until I for real can’t get it going.

one thing I’ll say is my back glass is not 16:9 and your directions do say that, so I did adjust it just to see if that was really the issue (it wasn’t), but that leads to a slew of other needs and questions…but as always, your help is appreciated

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

Cabinet, 3 screens, lcd DMD, and I don’t aim for this to be anyone’s problem but my own until I for real can’t get it going.

one thing I’ll say is my back glass is not 16:9 and your directions do say that, so I did adjust it just to see if that was really the issue (it wasn’t), but that leads to a slew of other needs and questions…but as always, your help is appreciated

Halloween doesnt have as many videos on the BG compared to say Jaws which has lots of videos. Watch my demo video so you can see when the videos do show. Normally not until you enter a mode or Save a Teen.

Retroflair doesnt trigger any Backglass videos at all…it’s just the normal BG background video…and doesnt change. It only triggers PUPDMD videos.

redrooster
                                        Participant
                                          @redrooster

one thing I’ll say is my back glass is not 16:9 and your directions do say that, so I did adjust it just to see if that was really the issue (it wasn’t), but that leads to a slew of other needs and questions…but as always, your help is appreciated

Halloween doesnt have as many videos on the BG compared to say Jaws which has lots of videos. Watch my demo video so you can see when the videos do show. Normally not until you enter a mode or Save a Teen.

Retroflair doesnt trigger any Backglass videos at all…it’s just the normal BG background video…and doesnt change. It only triggers PUPDMD videos.

Well then maybe I do have everything up and running.  I thought I saw backglass videos on your promo video for retro flair, going to have to watch that again.

Thanks again!

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

Well then maybe I do have everything up and running. I thought I saw backglass videos on your promo video for retro flair, going to have to watch that again.

Thanks again!

No… I was playing the Full DMD on the BG as a demo.

If you want to see the Full DMD, then you need to choose the FullDMD on BG option… and then display the normal FP DMD or something else on your LCD space.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 209 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?