Gottlieb Force II – 1981 – VP8 to VPX conversion

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    rascal
    Participant
      @rascal
      MemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/gottlieb-force-ii-1981-vp8-to-vpx-conversion/

This is a VPX conversion of a 1981 Gottlieb Force II table. Big thanks to Destruk, TAB, Kristian, and Inkochnito for their work on the earlier versions. This VPX mod was done by Rascal. It needs the rom file “forceii.zip” to run. Do not ask me for the rom, google search or find a friend.

Not much out there for resources, so I did the best I could with this. Merry Christmas everyone.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Thanks rascal :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Scotty VH
          @scottt
          ModeratorMember

I love the work you are doing, rascal – pushing forgotten/unloved tables into new technology!  There was a guy named dboyrecords that drove a lot of VP8 to VP9 updates, and others carried his work forward.  Keep it up, brother!  Brothers in pinball!

Mark70
          Participant
            @mark70

Thank you :good:

Micronaut
            Participant
              @micronaut

Excellent. :good:
              I like this table, I had never played it, :mail:
              thanks rascal, ah and merry christmas for the whole community  :bye:

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

how long does it take you to do these conversions.  If you are taking requests Apollo 13 would be great.  thanks again

rascal
                Participant
                  @rascal
                  MemberContributor

how long does it take you to do these conversions. If you are taking requests Apollo 13 would be great. thanks again

Some take longer then others, it all depends on the table I start with. This one took longer because it had terrible graphics to start. Its better now, but not great, because the lack of resources I could find on the internet. As far as requests, no I’m not taking any. I’m working my way alphabetically through the missing Gottlieb tables at the time. I’m working on Gladiators now, so I’m in the G’s. Hopefully Kiwi will allow me to release it.

roccodimarco
                  Participant
                    @roccodimarco

how long does it take you to do these conversions. If you are taking requests Apollo 13 would be great. thanks again

Some take longer then others, it all depends on the table I start with. This one took longer because it had terrible graphics to start. Its better now, but not great, because the lack of resources I could find on the internet. As far as requests, no I’m not taking any. I’m working my way alphabetically through the missing Gottlieb tables at the time. I’m working on Gladiators now, so I’m in the G’s. Hopefully Kiwi will allow me to release it.

Just a heads up rascal.  Kiwi just released a REALLY nice gladiators.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

Not only nice – it is awesome.

rascal
                      Participant
                        @rascal
                        MemberContributor

Thanks for letting me know. One less that I have to mess with.

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

Ha, you could always substitute Apollo 13 in its place if your bored!!!!?

rascal
                          Participant
                            @rascal
                            MemberContributor

lol

Its a good thing I’m starting to slow down. The tables are getting done before I can get to them. I was having trouble with the saucers on Gladiators anyway. They  were driving me nuts. Ok, anybody doing Gottlieb Hot Shots?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it. :)

EDIT AGAIN:  That’s Hot Shot, there is a Premier Hot Shots table too. :wacko:

roccodimarco
                            Participant
                              @roccodimarco

lol

Its a good thing I’m starting to slow down. The tables are getting done before I can get to them. I was having trouble with the saucers on Gladiators anyway. They were driving me nuts. Ok, anybody doing Gottlieb Hot Shots?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it. :)

EDIT AGAIN: That’s Hot Shot, there is a Premier Hot Shots table too. :wacko:

I was going to say, that’s premier hot shot is in rough shape, but and it seems to be the one that no one touches from that line. I personally love that bad backglass line. I do know the following tables are in the works:

wipeout (kiwi is waiting on some better resources iirc)

tx sector

spring break (it’s been delayed, but I was told it will be completed after his next homebrew)

Someone on here started an operation thunder, but it seems like that MAY have hit a bit of a wall, you can see it’s small progress over at the wip section on here.

there IS a big hurt table that was started and dropped about 20 times. As far as I know, that table is open to be finished, but don’t quote me on that.

Genesis 911 rock gold wings deadly weapon tag team hoops are all done

raven I haven’t heard of any work being done. There is only a very nice psymod version

these are just ones I can think of off the top of my head without research. If you list some of the tables you want to add, I’m sure a few of us will be able to help you out.

Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

I’m pretty sure that the big hurt was shared saying that anyone could continue on it. I might just have it laying around somewhere.

Bladeof
                                Participant
                                  @bladeof
                                  • Thanks for this table Rascal, it plays great. I have one issue, the credits/ball in play display on the apron does not show anything. Anyone have this issue or fix.
                                  Bladeof
                                  Participant
                                    @bladeof

Sorry, trying to upload picture of my issue but it won’t post it.

Bladeof
                                    Participant
                                      @bladeof

For anyone having the same issue as me that I posted above, I have found a fix for it. It seems the apron credit/ball in play display works in desktop mode but not in full screen mode (which I play in). Go into the Script and change Line 21 from DisplayTimer.Enabled = False  to  DisplayTimer.Enabled = True

I made this change and now the apron credit/ball in play display shows the numbers in full screen mode.

BeachBumTN
                                      Participant
                                        @beachbumtn

Great table, I really enjoy playing this one. I tried to use the 7 digit ROM since wildman has a great 7 digit backglass but it would cause an object error.  Thanks for your efforts on all of your tables!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?