Gottlieb Standard Cabinet Build

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Bikertrash00
    Participant
      @bikertrash00

It is so confusion and frustrating trying to figure the best route to go, I know I need to upgrade to 4 cores at least and I thought my 960 SSC was still a good card (only 1 gen less) but it appears the 1060 is almost double the benchmark of my 960. I wish money was not an issue but it is so I am pulling my hair out trying to get the best bang for the buck. Older I7 or I5, newer I3 or AMD, keep my mobo, upgrade to 16gb ram, new 1060 or used 1070/1080….aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh to many decisions.

My head is going to explode!

Scott

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

As long as you don’t go 4k. You’re fine. 4k is 4x as much resolution as 1080p as you know and sure, it requires a better rig. Again. Exactly where the break-point is, is unknown by me.

I would just relax, play with 1080p and save the buck for later.

Bikertrash00
        Participant
          @bikertrash00

Yep, I think I am going to stay on track and get a better CPU and the look at a better video card next year.

Thanks again and have a great holiday!

Bikertrash00
          Participant
            @bikertrash00

Well I took your advice, I have a EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb, I3-8350K and MSI Z370-A Pro on the way!!!!!!!! Just waiting on several parts for my flashers, addressable LED’s and parts to build the power sensing circuit for the Pinscape to control 2 of my TV’s.

Thanks,

Scott

Bikertrash00
            Participant
              @bikertrash00

I have a quick question!!!!!!I have set up my addressable LED bars for each side but due to space limitations at the lockdown bar I set it up for wiring to be at rear of playfield, I did not think about the strips being directional and hope this does not turn out to be backwards, I hope I can just change a setting, let me know if this is going to be a problem.

As always….THANK YOU all!

Scott

Bikertrash00
              Participant
                @bikertrash00

Thalamus…..I am upgrading my Horsepower!!!!! I have a EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb, I3-8350K and MSI Z370-A I just put together, took me from 44% to 98% on User beanchmark

Bikertrash00
                Participant
                  @bikertrash00

Addressable LED strips I have each strip starting at lock down bar, my addressable strips work great with any adruino sketch I use but when I install DOF strip controller hex both strips turn bright white, if I restart the teensy it is fine till I start a table then the same thing both strips go bright white, I have several hours trying to figure it out and will keep at it, I know it has to be something stupid, any thoughts let me know. My 5 flasher bar I made appears to be working fine with DOF.

outhere
                    @outhere
                    MemberContributorvipModerator

This may help

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=41358&hl=

Bikertrash00
                    Participant
                      @bikertrash00

Yes, yes,yes…..I was stressing for a full day before I found a similar thread on another site, bridged 15-16 and I am good to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Scott

Bikertrash00
                      Participant
                        @bikertrash00

Ok, I did decide to stick with a classic 5 flasher bar at the back of my play field, just keeping a more classic look. I picked the filler panel at the rear of playfield monitor under the glass.

Bikertrash00
                        Participant
                          @bikertrash00

I thought I added a picture, maybe not..lol

Bikertrash00
                          Participant
                            @bikertrash00

Here are the pictures

Onevox
                            Participant
                              @rooster

I actually like that you’ve sort of countersunk the flasher domes instead of mounting to the top. Seems like you get the impact of the flash, but maybe not as much intensity (glare). I look forward to seeing them firing.

Onevox

Bikertrash00
                              Participant
                                @bikertrash00

Onevox, yep they installed from the bottom and routed out just enough to clear the glass, let me know how to post a video and I will.

I secured the RGBs to an aluminum strip with zip ties then screwed the strip to board.

Bikertrash00
                                Participant
                                  @bikertrash00

Here is a couple of pics with the finished flasher bar installed, works great!

Bikertrash00
                                  Participant
                                    @bikertrash00

Here also is a pic of the board with LEDwiz, fuse blocks, Teensy and control timers.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Sorry if I missed it but what are the timers for?

********************************************************
                                      Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Bikertrash00
                                      Participant
                                        @bikertrash00

The timers are for my backglass & playfield tv’s, both do not come back on when machine is fired up, I hard wired the on/off switches and the timers trigger the switch after the appropriate delay.

Bikertrash00
                                        Participant
                                          @bikertrash00

Here are some pictures of how I mounted the addressable LEDs, being the shelving channel I used is steel I countersunk some of those tiny super magnets I picked up at Harbor Freight, I used hot glue to hold them in place. The channel basically sits on the tv frame and the magnets hold them to the side.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?