Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 355 total)
  • Author
    Arngrim
    Participant
      @arngrim
      DOF MinisterMember

Thank you guys for the release, i didn’t try it yet since the start of the development.

i’m trying to publish the dof config by terry but configtool is having an issue right now, i can’t reach it for the moment, hope it will be fixed soon

Badazzwi
      Participant
        @badazzwi

From all of us who have didnt get to play the beta and have waited so patiently for this release we thank you so much. Your tables are amazing and it shows. Thank you for all the time you have put into it so all of us can enjoy.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Numiah
        Participant
          @numiah

Oh sweet Jesus!
          What an awesome masterpiece this is!

Thanks to all involved in making this beauty happen. Thanks a gazillion.

Bally widebody - i5-4690 - 16Gb - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF - Nvidia GTX1660Ti 6Gb - 256GbM.2 - 60Gb SSD (Win10Pro) - Samsung 49" 4K UHDR - 30" LG Backglass - 17" LCD dmd - iPad as topper - Ledwiz - Teensy - iPac32 - 8 Contactors - 5 Flashers - Gear - Shaker - Knocker - Addressable strips and matrix - 2 Strobes - RGB under cab - RGB buttons - 3-axis Tiltbob

susoarkangel
          Participant
            @susoarkangel

I get Error Line 1339

Line 1453

and it automatically closes. I have the latest version VPX 10.6 and PinUP 1.4.1

MydknyteStyrm
            Participant
              @mydknytestyrm

Excellent work all around! This table is beautiful. Have thoroughly enjoyed what I’ve played so far.

But I am seeing a few issues that I cant figure out.

When I get the mini game, my backglass freezes for a second, I lose the frame, and it looks like another window is trying to come up, but it doesnt seem to switch over and the game “loses” and I go back to the table.

The sound is weird. I’m not hearing all of the clicks and such. Hitting the red dragon doesnt make any sound at all, and some of the videos are way lower than the others.

After the Lake Multiball, the game started another mode but no balls would load up, and then it ended the game and my initials were available to enter.

Looking forward to the updates and hopefully getting my DOF to Generate (the site is slow and not loading at the moment)

Thanks to everyone involved!

Shannon
              Participant
                @shannon1

Thank you so much for your tireless dedication to this community and also for sharing your incredible work!

BrandonLaw
                Participant
                  @brandonlaw

Here’s some front-end media for y’all.  Zipped .mp4 for ColorDMD and Static Backglass with Wheel image.

Harry Potter

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Attachments:
                  2 users thanked author for this post.
                  TerryRed
                    @terryred
                    MemberContributorModerator

Thank you guys for the release, i didn’t try it yet since the start of the development.

i’m trying to publish the dof config by terry but configtool is having an issue right now, i can’t reach it for the moment, hope it will be fixed soon

The initial DOF Config was already published by randr. I just added an update to add the RGB undercab to “Smart” as well as Complex

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Amazing table so far. I have had 2 weird issue though. I lost the music completely during one ball and then had an issue where multiple times I would lose the ball and then the game would sit there for a bit and then shoot out another ball. If I drained the ball it would then go on to my next ball. Is that normal? I am guessing not since the music would drop out as well. These are the fist 2 games I’ve played so maybe I got really unlucky.

Here is a video of both issues happening:

2 mins and 11:25 in for the ball issue. Music issue at 7:20.

Can you show me a pic of your DOF Config Tool Combos?

Your side strips are all wrong. They are combining what looks like RGB MX flipper colours with the rest of he effects.

It looks like you did the same as another guy who had his MX RGB Flippers, and MX RGB Flippers PBX combined into the MX side strip combos (which is wrong). The MX Flippers are to be used with actual addressable leds for  flipper buttons.

Your MX combos should look more like this:

mx combos

TerryRed
                        @terryred

@Arngrim

Here’s a quick video preview that shows off (in my cabinet) some of the DOF and MX Leds I added to Harry Potter.

I have effects for the potion cauldron, the wand Lock, shimmer / modes, Goblet Fire, Dragon Fire, particle effects for each mode and colour matched with the undercab lighting… and much more than I can show in this video.

There will be more DOF updates coming. Sorry for my phone’s crap audio.

I really need a high quality new video camera of some sort.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                        Genesis38
                        Participant
                          @genesis38

As someone that has never watched or cared for Harry Potter, I am in love with the table. Simply outstanding work Scotty!! Safe to say this is going to get a lot of play on my cab now.

We are truly blessed to have talent such as yours in this amazing community that keeps on surprising!

Thank you so much Scotty!!

Rastan350
                          Participant
                            @rastan350

Amazing table so far. I have had 2 weird issue though. I lost the music completely during one ball and then had an issue where multiple times I would lose the ball and then the game would sit there for a bit and then shoot out another ball. If I drained the ball it would then go on to my next ball. Is that normal? I am guessing not since the music would drop out as well. These are the fist 2 games I’ve played so maybe I got really unlucky.

Here is a video of both issues happening:

2 mins and 11:25 in for the ball issue. Music issue at 7:20.

Can you show me a pic of your DOF Config Tool Combos?

Your side strips are all wrong. They are combining what looks like RGB MX flipper colours with the rest of he effects.

It looks like you did the same as another guy who had his MX RGB Flippers, and MX RGB Flippers PBX combined into the MX side strip combos (which is wrong). The MX Flippers are to be used with actual addressable leds for flipper buttons.

Your MX combos should look more like this:

mx combos

Thanks Terry. Will check this out tonight when I get the cab fired up….. I felt like something was a bit off. Will check out your video now of how it is supposed to look.

EDIT: Watched your video and that is more of what I was expecting so mine have to be wrong. Puzzled as to why I haven’t seen any other tables have the issue. Will correct and give it another go. Thanks for the heads up!

TerryRed
                              @terryred

@Rastan350

Probably because most tables don’t have anything in the MX Flippers fields, so you won’t see anything on all those tables.

Rastan350
                              Participant
                                @rastan350

@Rastan350

Probably because most tables don’t have anything in the MX Flippers fields, so you won’t see anything on all those tables.

Yup, just checked this on my phone and it all looks good except I have the flipper one on both strips. Will adjust, thanks again.

Caddy79
                                Participant
                                  @caddy79

Wow, perfect work.

Thank you very much :yahoo:

Gamemodder36
                                  Participant
                                    @gamemodder

I love it. Thank you for the release. What is your next project Scot?

force10wind
                                    Participant
                                      @force10wind

Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Heinz

The Loafer
                                      Participant
                                        @theloafer

I get Error Line 1339

Line 1453

and it automatically closes. I have the latest version VPX 10.6 and PinUP 1.4.1

Per the installation instructions, you need the latest PinUp which is… 1.44

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

I gave it a try, wow, blown away. The video mode surprised the heck out of me, if it was in the previous beta I completely forgot about it.  That’s what I call taking it to another level Scott, wow!  There is also a lot more flow than expected, love that quick loop with the upper left flipper. The graphics polish is of course out of this world and the PUP integration is top notch. It shows you’ve put in hundreds of hours here, I can’t fathom the complexity but looking at your script, that’s a heck of a lot of lines! OUCH!

Just to confirm I see it’s version sub 0.50, so you still have work to do on this (mentioning wizard mode isn’t in yet).  Is there a lot more stuff to add?  Something I noticed, the slings don’t output sound, I gather that’s reflecting the current build status (Just asking in case there is something wrong here!).

DjKidSaturn
                                          Participant
                                            @djkidsaturn

Thank YOU!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 355 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?