Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 355 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Real DMD users:

This table does NOT use UltraDMD.

You need to be sure you have pupdmdcontrol setup correctly so that the pupdmd screen can be mirrored to your real DMD.

Setup can be found here:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=hardware

Also, you need to have PuPDMD enabled and the dmd driver type set to 1 for Real DMD in the table script.

'**************************
      ' PinUp Player USER Config
      '**************************
      dim usePuPDMD : usePuPDMD=true ' set to false to not use PuPDMD for a DMD (different that BG scoring)
      dim PuPDMDDriverType: PuPDMDDriverType=1 ' 0=LCD DMD, 1=RealDMD 2=FULLDMD (large/High LCD)
      dim useRealDMDScale : useRealDMDScale=0 ' 0 or 1 for RealDMD scaling. Choose which one you prefer.
      dim useDMDVideos : useDMDVideos=true ' true or false to use DMD splash videos.
      Dim pGameName : pGameName="hpgof" 'pupvideos foldername, probably set to cGameName in realworld

Update: from BrandonLaw

“Also, for we real-dmd users.  I ended up setting the DMD Splash screens to False as when the splash screen would change, it would blackout the BG for a moment (assuming to restart the driver?)  It wasn’t unbearable, but now it’s on all the time and the DMD backsplash video is just fine with me without changing :)”

2 users thanked author for this post.
      TerryRed
        @terryred

Important things to know before playing the Harry Potter table:

• table does not use UltraDMD
        • Pinup Player is REQUIRED and is used for all video / text / dmd / music / callouts, etc
        • PUPDMD is used to give options for 4:1 LCD DMD, Real DMD, and 16:9 FullDMD
        • SSF support added (needs @Thalamus @DJRobx @RustyCardores to give it a look over in case I messed up something, or it needs more work for SSF)
        • full DOF and MX Leds added by me (TerryRed), but it’s still not 100% done
        • options for DMD and more are in the table script. You MUST check them and be sure they are correct for your setup (you may not want pupdmd enabled, etc)
        • if not using a PUPDMD or Topper, be sure those options are DISABLED in the pup-pack and the table script!

The latest version of Pinup Player is needed for the table (1.44 or higher).

Pinup Player install and setup:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

…then install newest update of Pinup Player:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

While installing / updating Pinup Player… you MUST have your anti-virus disabled and you also must put in exceptions for the entire PinupSystem folder! You also must be sure that the zip files are UNBLOCKED before you unzip them!

If you don’t do this then some PuP files WILL get taken from Defender or your anti-virus program, or be blocked by Windows!

MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS!

Real DMD users read this post for setup:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/harry-potter-the-goblet-of-fire/page/3/#post-162377

Single Screen / Desktop users read this post:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pup-packs-on-top-how-to-use-pup-packs-with-vpx-fp-fx3-and-more-on-a-single-screen-desktop-view/#post-162375

Cabinet users with DOF need to update their DOF Config Tool config files so they can enjoy my new DOF and MX Led updates to the table.

http://configtool.vpuniverse.com/login.php

Addressable Led users. See this post to be sure your MX Toy Combos are correctly setup:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/harry-potter-the-goblet-of-fire/page/5/?view=all#post-162549

4 users thanked author for this post.
        PhilTheWood
        Participant
          @philthewood

Thanks so much for all this work!

He Who Laughs Lasts
          Participant
            @binoictoothpick

Thank you!

Can’t wait to play!-

BrandonLaw
            Participant
              @brandonlaw

Wow all these releases today!!  This is wildly anticipated and just STUNNING!  This table actually has gotten my wife to put her hands on the CAB and actually enjoy herself as she’s a Potter-head!  The table is so smooth, and just a delight to play.  The playability of this table is at or near 100 percent.  Not a dull moment.  Great work Scotty!!!

Also, for we real-dmd users.  I ended up setting the DMD Splash screens to False as when the splash screen would change, it would blackout the BG for a moment (assuming to restart the driver?)  It wasn’t unbearable, but now it’s on all the time and the DMD backsplash video is just fine with me without changing :)

"Fuck this game. I love it."

TerryRed
                @terryred

Thank you!

I have something to figure out though before I can play…the beta I had worked great with pinup player, but all my videos on this release are behind the playfield…I see the frame for where the videos should go, but not there…

I am single screen…no problems with stranger things, or the 38 version of HP…I’ll figure it out…

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pup-packs-on-top-how-to-use-pup-packs-with-vpx-fp-fx3-and-more-on-a-single-screen-desktop-view/#post-162375

Moonshine
                Participant
                  @moonshine

I can see here you have had a lot of praise on this project and it is justified.  I am truly stunned at the quality of this table.  I would say it is better than most of the retail tables I have played physical or virtual!  Yes I’m including Sterns and Jersey Jacks in there. Thank you for the amazing table and for your hard work.   I can’t wait to see what you do next!

Ray

delanorocha
                  Participant
                    @delanorocha

Awesome table and puppack ! ! ! !

I like the rules sheet too. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

outhere
                      @outhere
                      MemberContributorvipModerator

An excellent update and I would not have expected anything less :yahoo:
                      I say that because Scott Wickberg is very Creative, Knowledgeable and Dedicated to the hobby :good:

:mail: A big thank you to anybody else Involved

Kellogs
                      Participant
                        @kellogs

cant believe ist, what a table, the night is over, before it began :yahoo: :good: :good: :-)

h0pp4z
                        Participant
                          @h0pp4z

Wow – very impressive !

Thank you for all the time and blood you’ve put into this awesome vpin.

DGPG35
                          Participant
                            @dgpg35

I have had version .39 for a bit and that played fine but after updating PUP to the latest version (as stated by Terry) all that loads with this new release is the table itself, it’s as if PUP is not even present.

What should I look at..? NVM, figured this part out (my error) but the below issue is still present…

• When loading from Pinball X the VPX screen pops up on PF before it finishes loading the table (it did not do this with the previous release).

Thank you to all involved, can’t wait to play the new release!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            Joey Beaulieu
                            Participant
                              @godisnothere

Unbeleivable man!!! The lighting on this table is spectacular, The mood it sets, the atmosphear it casts, the flames around the goblet and the fire breathing dragon is sooo over the top!!! I fucking love this table. Like a million modes. ITs incredible. You are on a whole other level. Thank you for all your hard work and all those who helped.

The Overlayer Slayer

TerryRed
                                @terryred

I have had version 38 for a bit and that played fine but after updating PUP to the latest version (as stated by Terry) all that loads with this new release is the table itself, it’s as if PUP is not even present.

What should I look at..?

• When loading from Pinball X the VPX screen pops up on PF before it finishes loading the table (it did not do this with the previous release).

Don’t run from a front-end for now. Try running in Borderless Windowed temporarily. You want to be sure you don’t have anything hidden under your playfield or any errors popping up.

Try other pup-packs / STSE to see if they work.

Be sure Defender or your antivirus didn’t eat any files….be sure you unblocked the zip files before updating.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                richmidd
                                Participant
                                  @richmidd

Just wow!  Thanks to all that created this table… :yahoo: :good:

He Who Laughs Lasts
                                  Participant
                                    @binoictoothpick

TerryRed,

Your suggestions for the desktop worked perfect. This is amazing! I am able to run it in portrait mode and position the pinup displays exactly where I want them…

Scottywic, UNBELIEVABLE….this game is incredible.

DGPG35
                                    Participant
                                      @dgpg35

I have had version 38 for a bit and that played fine but after updating PUP to the latest version (as stated by Terry) all that loads with this new release is the table itself, it’s as if PUP is not even present.

What should I look at..?

Don’t run from a front-end for now. Try running in Borderless Windowed temporarily. You want to be sure you don’t have anything hidden under your playfield or any errors popping up.

Try other pup-packs / STSE to see if they work.

Be sure Defender or your antivirus didn’t eat any files….be sure you unblocked the zip files before updating.

Thanks Terry, got it all sorted and working (long load but no longer shows VPX before PF while using Pinball X 4.12).

This table is brilliant, thanks Scotty and all involved. 

Rastan350
                                      Participant
                                        @rastan350

Amazing table so far. I have had 2 weird issue though. I lost the music completely during one ball and then had an issue where multiple times I would lose the ball and then the game would sit there for a bit and then shoot out another ball. If I drained the ball it would then go on to my next ball. Is that normal? I am guessing not since the music would drop out as well. These are the fist 2 games I’ve played so maybe I got really unlucky.

Here is a video of both issues happening:

2 mins and 11:25  in for the ball issue. Music issue at 7:20.

DamsBALL
                                        Participant
                                          @damsball

what a GREAT table !!!! thank you my Friend.

I’m not into H.P. fanatic, but the table is very very beautiful !

I need to update my PUP but the result is VERY VERY GREAT !

hoop22
                                          Participant
                                            @hoop22

Thanks Scottywic and all contributors.  This one gave me goosebumps!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 355 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?