How many damn music tables are we gonna get

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

This shit has been building for a while and I am not in a great mood so I am just gonna say it.  Are we gonna make the same shitty table for every damn band out there.  I’m sure Randr doesn’t pay $3000 a year of his own hard earned money to have a site full of shitty tables.  We need to have some checks and balances here so that the number of crappy tables don’t outweigh the good ones, like at other sites.  I have no problem with mods that are done really well but if we take the same table, that wasn’t great in VP9, and release it over and over with a few different songs and half assed artwork, are we making better tables or just more of them???

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Mlager8
      Participant
        @mlager8

I’m not one to shit on other peoples efforts but I kind of agree, that music table and the Christmas table alone must have a a couple dozen variants. I get excited when I get a new table notification, but as soon as I see it’s a reskin of that same damn 2 ramp music table the air gets taken out a bit…

I know everyone dosent have the biggest skillset and this is an easy way to get started, but if you’re going to do a reskin why not reskin something else instead of the same tired table, it shouldn’t require much more effort.

Just my 2 cents

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

Look at the strikes and spares Big Lebowski mod.  There has been a bunch of mods on that table but that one was done fairly well.  But it would totally ruin it if I did a strikes and spares happy Gilmore mod then a strikes and spares tommy boy mod and a strikes and spares bill Madison mod and a strikes and spares black sheep mod and a strikes and spares Beverly Hills ninja mod and a strikes and spares Wayne’s world mod and a strikes and spares cone heads mod and a strikes and spares airplane mod and a strikes and spares caddie shack mod and a strikes and spares naked gun mod and a strikes and spares naked gun2 mod and a strikes and spares naked fun 33 1/3 Mod and a strikes and spares fletch mod and a strikes and spares fletch lives mod and a strikes and spares pulp fiction mod and a strikes and spares Holy shit now I am loosing it mod

rivaldo85
          Participant
            @rivaldo85

So either if u guys know how to add a music folder to a table?  New at building a tabel. But making cobra kai/karate kid one.  Ur need help w assign music folder. Can u guys help if I tell u table or etc

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

Someone punch me in the balls

rivaldo85
              Participant
                @rivaldo85

My table is cool.  Not like the same 30 tables out there.  Can someone create a music folder for me (3-4 songs) if I email u table?!

JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Now that you mention it, Chris Cornell does deserve a snazzier table.  I’m hoping for a John Denver Fallout ’76 table.

Hey @rivaldo85 see if this helps – – https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=13501#entry461818

rivaldo85
                  Participant
                    @rivaldo85

Ty. Yeah I read that article and tried it.  Can’t figure out. Can u do for me if it’s easy???   Cobra kai table I’m doing is cool has a pup pack to.  Send email if your willing.  Ty!!!

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

Well hell if we are gonna do John Denver then we need to do George strait, merl, willie, Charlie, Sinead O’Connor, but first some Phill Collins, I can feel it coming through the air tonight…

bord
                        @bord
                        MembervipContributorModerator

Lol @ pounding those two ramps to Rocky Mountain High.

I suppose this is where we land when most real tables are accounted for in VPX. This Christmas will be 5 full years since VPX release, won’t it? What’s left but to pillage discogs for the few remaining musical acts to give the virtual silver ball/2d lighting treatment to?

Someone wake me up when the Richard Harris/Donna Summer Macarthur Park mashup table drops. At that point I’m all in.

JR
                        Participant
                          @jfr1

Your best bet @rivaldo85 is to contact the guys that make those music tables?  Or keep trying!

Holy Crap! Richard Harris sang Mac Park???  The original Dumbledore??  Never knew that.  It for sure needs a table too.

Rajo Joey
                          Participant
                            @joey2001

Guys, you’re so right. I hate those reskins. And I thought the same as you. Will we see the same table for every group that exist? :negative:

I hope not.

But I like ambient electronic music. So I need tables of Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Jean Michel Jarre and a few hundred other artists. Who will made them? B-)

Not really. It’s a joke. DON’T MAKE THEM! And please stop these reskins.

Thank you.

JR
                            Participant
                              @jfr1

Ha.  Well, if you’d been serious @joey2001 , Scott Danesi’s music for TNA falls into that category and dang,  I haven’t played that in a while!  Thanks for the reminder!

sheltemke
                              Participant
                                @sheltemke

And i thought i am the only one who not like music table reskins. With respect i would never open a topic like this, but now that Tom said i say i totally agree with him.

However i not have the skill / time (especially since 2 month) to make a table alone as many of us, so i feel a little bad saying this but i agree with Tom.

Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation
                                  MemberContributor

It’s ok, I bet most people do!!

someone one day will come up with a really cool table with music on it but stop using the same damn table.  An Original table should be…..original? :scratch:

Peter222
                                  Participant
                                    @swietlikowa

I agree completely. Of course I don’t mind well made music tables (AC/DC, Metallica, The Clash, Iron Maiden Virtual Time, etc.) but I can’t look at another boring 2-ramp table based on the same scheme anymore.

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

So, since I’m a moderator, I’m partly responsible for what to accept and not. And, it is really not always that easy. Personally, I love to see that VP is used for more than just playing. I however fully agree with the frustration shown by you guys. There is a lot of uploads I’m tempted to not allow, but, where should one set the limit ?

There is many things I hate. FP, Round wheels, most pup-packs, mods that play the same as the original etc.

Problem is, it all comes down in the end to talent, knowledge and time. I’m going to give a few examples. Hirez, creates a mod without changing how the table plays. I would prefer if he did, but, the table itself oozes of high quality effects and feeling that matches the new theme. Siggy releases new graphics to a well known table, I should not like it, but, I can’t help it – it looks better than the original.

Hard to say no to the next guy, because I personally don’t like it.

I do understand what you guys are pointing your fingers at, it is the same god damn table with only changed graphics and mp3 files. Since we are on the same page here, I won’t be the one pressing the approve button from now on.

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

I totally get it @thalamus, I am the last person that wants to discourage people from Building tables.  I just want to see people push themselves.  Right after Pennant Fever, I was talking to @randr about my next table or two and I remember something he told me when I was listing all the tables that I wanted to build.  He said if you just pump out table after table, people will like them but they won’t appreciate you as a builder who puts effort and time in. Quantity never trumps quality….unless your really hungry and want to go to a Chinese buffet, then definitely quantity is better!

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Guys I agree completely but I also feel a lot of people get started building tables doing a simple reskin/mod so keep that in mind also. @outhere and @thalamus have been main people approving uploads so it’s up to you guys what gets approved as I have full trust in you guys. I’ll also take this time to apologize about my lack of involvement the last what 10 months? I’ve been so busy at work I’ve had hardly any time for fun! I’m hopeful this will change soon and I can get back to contributing more to the community. If I told you the last table I installed or had cab on for was the “flupper totan release” would you believe it! Well it is true….have not even been in basement since that table was released :(

********************************************************
                                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

JR
                                          outhere
                                            @outhere
                                            MemberContributorvipModerator

I agree that same table over and over does get a little old but That’s why there is no mandatory download, You only download the games you are interested in
                                            Table makers have to start out somewhere
                                            I sure would hate to discourage the next Table maker that comes along

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?