Inclination / Field of View vs Player Height

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy
    Participant
      @malachi666

Hello Everyone,

I am just curious what i should set inclination and field of view in relation to my height, which is 5’10”.  I ask because I play using desktop mode, I can’t afford a cab at this time, and I would love to be able to set the table images as close to realistic as possible in order to simulate if I was standing at the real table.

I tinker around and go through phases of what I like so any help would be appreciated.

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

It’s kind of a personal preference thing, a lot of people try to maximize the image size, others try to get a more top down/cabinet view.  If your monitor rotates you could put it in portrait mode which would give you more height to play with and more options I think, but I have not spent any time doing that. to see how well it works.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

Indeed personal preference.  Keep the following in mind:  I’ve seen short people play tippy toed to get a better view and professional pinball players who are freaking tall played crouched over.  “It really is all up to you” (add musical notes)

Jeremy
          Participant
            @malachi666

Thanks guys, I understand that, but I was just wondering what the settings would be to simulate a 5’10” guy standing at a table.  It was more out of curiousity.

gtxjoe
            Participant
              @gtxjoe

There are no settings for that. No one thinks about it that way when setting up a desktop POV. They set it to their own preferences

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?