Jaws Ultimate Pro – PinEvent

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Spectrum1
    Participant
      @spectrum1

I love this table . Awesome work looks like you put alot into it. Pup-pack _002 would not unzip onto my desktop. Pup 1 and 3 both extracted fine. Just wondering if I’m missing any videos without pack 2? Maybe it extracted into pack 1 without me noticing, not sure. Table is running fine other than that. Thank you again for such a great table.

Edit* I just read the prior post about packs not extracting. going to rename pack 2 now.

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

@spectrum1   I believe the instructions for the game tell you exactly what to do with these files

Spectrum1
        Participant
          @spectrum1

JAWS_ULT_PRO_1.08_PE_PuP-Pack_1.2.zip.002

I followed step by step and it says ” can not open the file as [zip] archive is not archive. I am using 7-Zip

The thing is Pack 1 and 3 both extracted just fine. I think there is only 1 file in there and it’s probably a video.

The table is running great so i’m not overly concerned, just curious as to what i may be missing.

Thx for the help :good:

tonybobo
          Participant
            @tonybobo

im so bummed, i had this running great them messed up something and had to do a clean install of windows. now that im back to setting up pinevent something is wrong. the table loads, them a few seconds later the backglass and full dmd loads, then the table stutters and closes but the backglass and dmd stay on. I have to ctrl, alt delete to close it, then it wont open again till i log out and back in… where am i going wrong? i followed the guides and had it running once before? ugh!!

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

im so bummed, i had this running great them messed up something and had to do a clean install of windows. now that im back to setting up pinevent something is wrong. the table loads, them a few seconds later the backglass and full dmd loads, then the table stutters and closes but the backglass and dmd stay on. I have to ctrl, alt delete to close it, then it wont open again till i log out and back in… where am i going wrong? i followed the guides and had it running once before? ugh!!

You need to give more details than that.

Are you trying to use PUPStream? What kind of setup are your using?

Try disabling the pup options and dof options to narrow down the problem.

If the table works, then try enabling them one by one and see if you can narrow down the issue.

TerryRed
                @terryred

JAWS_ULT_PRO_1.08_PE_PuP-Pack_1.2.zip.002

I followed step by step and it says ” can not open the file as [zip] archive is not archive. I am using 7-Zip

The thing is Pack 1 and 3 both extracted just fine. I think there is only 1 file in there and it’s probably a video.

The table is running great so i’m not overly concerned, just curious as to what i may be missing.

Thx for the help :good:

You didn’t rename the files correctly, or you didnt only extract from *.001

That said, the pup-pack is now one zip file, so delete the old files and download the new pup-pack zip.

tonybobo
                Participant
                  @tonybobo

Sorry, I’m using a 3 screen setup with a 16×9 screen for dmd. Not using pup stream. Where do I disable dof?

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Sorry, I’m using a 3 screen setup with a 16×9 screen for dmd. Not using pup stream. Where do I disable dof?

The same place you disable all pup options.

If the table works with everything disabled…. then you need to narrow down what changed when it stop working the first time.

Be sure BAM is updated from the latest zip…. be sure pinevent 1.4 files are installed… be sure pup is updated to 1.45…. be sure the tables and pup-packs are the new version. Be sure you have updated all your drivers for GPU and motherboard and audio,etc.,

tonybobo
                    Participant
                      @tonybobo

Assuming I don’t know where to disable pup options?

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Assuming I don’t know where to disable pup options?

If you followed the install guide…. you will see that the PinEvent_Settings.vbs is where you were supposed to change all the PinEvent settings for your specific setup. That is where you enable / disable all pup and dof options.

tonybobo
                        Participant
                          @tonybobo

Ah yes I did see that, it just didn’t make any sense to me, I find all of this very confusing. I’ll have another look thank you sir

cdnbum88
                          Participant
                            @cdnbum88

If I am getting various mediation errors in both Jaws and Halloween, what ‘typically’ is the issue with that I should look at?

TerryRed
                              @terryred

If I am getting various mediation errors in both Jaws and Halloween, what ‘typically’ is the issue with that I should look at?

That gives no helpful info. “Errors” can mean lots of things.

Be sure you followed my FP and BAM guide for proper setup of FP and BAM with other tables first.

Reading and following the “requirements” and install instructions for PinEvent is essential.

Be sure you have the latest BAM installed from the newest zip file at ravarcade’s site, not the EXE installer. (redownload and install again just in case).

Be sure you have the latest PuP 1.45 installed (if using pup).

Be sure you have the latest PinEvent 1.4 files installed.

Then read the PinEvent FAQ to answers to most common problems.

cdnbum88
                              Participant
                                @cdnbum88

I apologize for not putting in the errors. Meditation error line 273. Plus not sure what the white box is in the bottom left.

On Jaws is different line but same ZRBrampheight error.

As always I believe I follow your great and highly detailed instructions, but don’t think I missed anything, but I am sure I will find out.

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

Running PuP (is it installed)? Running DOF?

Do other tables work?

Be sure you are properly updated with all files, like I mentioned…. then read the PinEvent FAQ. ****** PinEvent Specific Problems ******

There are step by steps to help resolve problems, as your system may have different security issues than mine,etc.

tabascoman77
                                  Participant
                                    @tabascoman77

@TerryRed

I’ve installed everything.

Table
                                    PUP Pack
                                    Scripts
                                    DOFLinx
                                    DirectOutput
                                    PinEvent
                                    Config
                                    Correct settings for Desktop
                                    Registry updated
                                    BAM updated

Whatever has been listed in your instructions has been installed.

I have double-clicked 100 times on Option 8. I have started up DOFLinx…though I have no idea if it’s running because nothing happens and there doesn’t seem to be any indication that anything related to DOFLinx is even running.

But then your instructions say something to the effect of “Don’t try to run a PinEvent table with DOFLinx” — even though you say you need DOFLinx to run this on a desktop…it’s not clear.

I can run the table fine. But I’m only getting the Amity billboard and the regular old orange DMD.

Nothing else works and there’s no sign that FP is even talking to the PUP Pack in any way.

I don’t know what else I could be missing.

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

@TerryRed

I’ve installed everything.

Table

PUP Pack

Scripts

DOFLinx

DirectOutput

PinEvent

Config

Correct settings for Desktop

Registry updated

BAM updated

Whatever has been listed in your instructions has been installed.

I have double-clicked 100 times on Option 8. I have started up DOFLinx…though I have no idea if it’s running because nothing happens and there doesn’t seem to be any indication that anything related to DOFLinx is even running.

But then your instructions say something to the effect of “Don’t try to run a PinEvent table with DOFLinx” — even though you say you need DOFLinx to run this on a desktop…it’s not clear.

I can run the table fine. But I’m only getting the Amity billboard and the regular old orange DMD.

Nothing else works and there’s no sign that FP is even talking to the PUP Pack in any way.

I don’t know what else I could be missing.

You should read through the PinEvent install instructions again and the PinEvent FAQ (if you haven’t yet).

I said that DOFLinx is NOT used at all with PinEvent. The whole point of PinEvent is that you don’t use or need any other programs for both DOF and PuP. DOF and PuP are accessed directly with PinEvent (as long as your system doesn’t have anything restricting access).

I don’t know what you are wanting to do (fp running in fullscreen using pup stream and a dummy monitor? or forcing pup-packs on top of FP in windowed mode?):

• did you install / update to pup 1.45?
                                      • did you setup your pup displays according to the PinEvent install instructions (and for your specific setup)?
                                      • did you try running FP in Debug to see what it tells you?
                                      • did you disable the FP Backglass and Arcade mode?
                                      • did you enable pup stream? (do you have a 2nd monitor or dummy plug to display the pup-pack on?)

tabascoman77
                                      Participant
                                        @tabascoman77

I don’t know what you are wanting to do (fp running in fullscreen using pup stream and a dummy monitor? or forcing pup-packs on top of FP in windowed mode?):

As stated, I am running this on single-screen desktop.

• did you install / update to pup 1.45?

Yes. BAM is also up to date at 313.

• did you setup your pup displays according to the PinEvent install instructions (and for your specific setup)?

In the VBS? Setting all the Desktop config to “TRUE” broke the game and gave me a “717 pSetDMD error”. I had to change the Desktop back to “FALSE” on all counts to get it back and working again — without the PUPScreens.

• did you try running FP in Debug to see what it tells you?

Debug screens say the following:

PinEvent _Variables.vbs 1.4 loaded
                                        Desktop Mode
                                        PinEvent_Settings.vbs 1.4 loaded
                                        PinEvent – Desktop Profile
                                        PUPDMD Default = 2 FULL DMD
                                        PinEvent_Control.vbs 1.4 loaded
                                        PUPDMD = 2 FULL DMD
                                        PinEvent_PUPDMD.vbs 1.4 loaded
                                        BAM Version: 313

• did you disable the FP Backglass and Arcade mode?

Arcade Mode is disabled. The FP Backglass might be where I am stuck. I have no idea how to disable that.

• did you enable pup stream? (do you have a 2nd monitor or dummy plug to display the pup-pack on?)

No, this is for a single-screen Desktop with “PUP Packs on Top” .bat file running.

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

For pup displays…. I meant did you position and set them up where they need to be on your monitor (pup backglass, pup full dmd).

Do you have FP running in borderless windowed mode? (more info on the FP an BAM guide)

If you never enabled the FP backglass… then you are fine there, since you don’t have a 2nd monitor.

Keep PUP Stream disabled (since you aren’t using it).

Be sure you have Visual C++ updated (link was given in instructions).

If enabling the other pup options in PinEvent_Settings.vbs gives you those kind of errors (and all files are installed and pup installed correctly)…. then you most likely have a security / admin issue restricting BAM (FPLoader.exe) from being able to access PuP.

Be sure you don’t have any blocked files…and be sure you don’t have anything set to run as admin in your PuP install folder.

Then try running FPLoader.exe as administrator.

Always close FP completely each time you exit a table before trying another table or reloading the same table.

tabascoman77
                                          Participant
                                            @tabascoman77

For pup displays…. I meant did you position and set them up where they need to be on your monitor (pup backglass, pup full dmd).

Using the PUP Editor? Yes. I did that. Still no PUP windows in FP.

Do you have FP running in borderless windowed mode? (more info on the FP an BAM guide)

Yes, it’s in Borderless Windowed.

Be sure you have Visual C++ updated (link was given in instructions).

Done. Still the same issue.

If enabling the other pup options in PinEvent_Settings.vbs gives you those kind of errors (and all files are installed and pup installed correctly)…. then you most likely have a security / admin issue restricting BAM (FPLoader.exe) from being able to access PuP. Be sure you don’t have any blocked files…and be sure you don’t have anything set to run as admin in your PuP install folder. Then try running FPLoader.exe as administrator. Always close FP completely each time you exit a table before trying another table or reloading the same table.

I did all of this. Still the same issue. Nothing is blocked. Nothing is set as “RUN AS ADMIN” and I tried doing that to no avail.

I even moved the FP window out of the way at one point. I see nothing from PUP coming up. Every other table in VPX works fine so it’s an FP issue.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 83 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?