Jungle Lord (Williams 1981) VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Tony The Wrench
    Participant
      @tonythewrench

Jungle Lord (Williams 1981) VPX

Must use VP10.1 or higher

This is my very first table build…I was inspired to build this table for two reasons…

1) I wanted a decent version of Jungle Lord to add to the total of Pinside Top 300 Tables in my list

2)Freneticamnesic’s words of wisdom…and I paraphrase… “if you want a table built, and no one else is building it…then go build it yourself”

Credits:

Plastics and Playfield from Francisco666

Script and other elements from JPSalas’ Black Knight VPX, and Kristian (VP9 Original Script)

Additional Script from 32assassin

Metal Ramp Textures from Vector table by Sindbad

Testing provided by Drybonz

Additional Testing and Physics Adjustments by GPStevens

Enjoy!

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Thanks for this. is this your firs build?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Pinbolt
        Participant
          @pinbolt

Great release, thank you.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Great release, thank you.

Yeah I really like all the EM’s and the selection of authors builds lately. great stuff!

for IOS and Android

Tony The Wrench
            Participant
              @tonythewrench

Thanks for this. is this your firs build?

Yes it is my first build, but I owe anything good about it to the authors before me that I have learned so much from just by studying their great releases!

Drybonz
              Participant
                @drybonz

Hey Tony, Congratulations on your first table… way to go, man.

I would still recommend replacing the walls where the rubbers should be with rubbers… especially around the top flippers where the ball is getting stuck, like the example I sent (should probably be three posts under the plastics by the top flippers with rubbers… collidable walls getting in the way I think).

I had typed out a more helpful response about this but the forum somehow logged me out while I was posting so it was lost, but I can try to help if you need it.

Good job on your first table… impressive that you took the whole thing on by yourself and pulled it off.    :good:

Tony The Wrench
                Participant
                  @tonythewrench

I’m pretty sure I removed those invisible walls and put rubbers and posts behind the upper flippers, the ball gets stuck for me as well, I tried moving the flipper out a bit, but visually it didn’t look as good.  If you just flick the flipper a bit it knocks the ball loose until I get a chance to adjust things appropriately

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

What a great first effort. Very nice. I believe the flippers could be adjusted some, the angles looks to be more around 45 degrees or there about. Approx 5:50. But, what do I know – TNT might have it wrong :)

Tony The Wrench
                    Participant
                      @tonythewrench

I stumbled onto a problem and I have no idea how to fix it, so I am asking anyone who may have a solution to please help me…

When you end up matching the number for a free game, VP crashes and I get this error…as I have stated before I am a noob when it comes to writing script so I have no clue as to where I went wrong…here is a screen cap of the errorerror-JL

Attachments:
                      randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

I would assume you didnt script SolCallback for knocker?

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Tony The Wrench
                        Participant
                          @tonythewrench

I used the VP9 Script as reference, and it had the callback for the knocker commented out, and it doesn’t seem to have a Solenoid associated with it (maybe that’s why they commented it out)…so I don’t know if that is it or not…I will try to get the match on the VP9 version and see if it returns an error as well

STAT
                          Participant
                            @stefanaustria
                            MemberContributor

FYI .. my directb2s is online, here ;)

STAT
                            Participant
                              @stefanaustria
                              MemberContributor

Tony, thanks for the Table – love it – Williams forever ;)
                              Just for Info and your next Updates, maybe:
                              Sometimes, the Ball stay (and move a bit) under the upper right Flipper …
                              And shouldnt fall the Ball into the Kickerhole when rolls down ? Upwards is ok …
                              See Image … but – thanks again :good:

jungle_lord_e1

Attachments:
                              1 user thanked author for this post.
                              Daryl
                              Participant
                                @allknowing2012

I stumbled onto a problem and I have no idea how to fix it, so I am asking anyone who may have a solution to please help me… When you end up matching the number for a free game, VP crashes and I get this error…as I have stated before I am a noob when it comes to writing script so I have no clue as to where I went wrong…here is a screen cap of the errorerror-JL

I know it looks weird and wrong but the sol callouts need some trailing quotes and such…

See the vp9 versions for example: (yes this is legit code  :wacko:

solcallback(bell)=”vpmsolsound””klingel””,”

The error above is a result of having that mismatch of quotes incorrect.

So you likely want:

SolCallback(15)  = “vpmSolSound””Bell””,”

Badfinger
                                Participant
                                  @badfinger

So those SolCallBacks, it’s all of them that need fixed?

1968 - 1991 seems to be my favorite ERA of pinball machines.

Daryl
                                  Participant
                                    @allknowing2012

So those SolCallBacks, it’s all of them that need fixed?

No I believe it is just the one I coded above .. the one for sound is coded uniquely.

Tony The Wrench
                                    Participant
                                      @tonythewrench

Thank you Daryl for pointing out the mistake in the script…who would have thought a simple quotation mark would cause so much irritation (my fault for not knowing how to script in the first place) and thank you STAT for your support and interest in this great williams gem from the past, I fixed the ball getting stuck by the upper flipper…if the flipper is held up it will still get stuck but as soon as the flipper is dropped back down the ball immediately gets knocked loose…as far as the ball missing the kicker cup…I have seen it miss in videos of the real table, but I also have it roll right passed it on a direct hit…that only happens rarely, but the point is it shouldn’t happen like that at all **pounds fist**

1.02 should be the version that’s good to go with no worries, I will wait for any future input on the little details I have to work on until I put out any further updates…enjoy everyone, this has been a great learning experience, the VP community is fantastic!

Badfinger
                                      Participant
                                        @badfinger

Thnaks for the update, good table!

1968 - 1991 seems to be my favorite ERA of pinball machines.

32assassin
                                        Participant
                                          @32assassin

thanks for the updated.

the  right kicker is defiantly missed if its not a direct hit.

I added the missing sounds to your code

ball rolling,collision and others along with  a few missing DOF calls.

(You will need to copy and past the ROLLING TIMER from the default VPX table)

I could not help myself and formatted the code to what I like to build. feel free to use it to rebuild your code.

http://pastebin.com/4NstpBEk

I also saw this video and noticed that the GI lights are dynamic

I downloaded the Manual and added all the missing Solenoids, but I could not Identify the GI controller

I added this condition

IF  Mini PF GI light on  –>  turn of Main GI

but I almost got a seizure,

I think its controlled by one of the Light IDs but I’m not sure witch one,  we might need to fake it.

if

ball goes in to the kickers –>  turn GI OFF

else

Ball exits kicker –> turn GI On

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Tony The Wrench
                                          Participant
                                            @tonythewrench

Thank you 32assassin, I have been scratching my head wondering how I was going to make the GI turn off when the mini playfield was in effect, and then turn back on again when main playfield was back in play…I can’t thank you enough for the help you have provided, I hope to post an update soon

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?