Little Joe Bally 1971

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

Little Joe fully populated thanks to @Scottacus giving me permission to use a bunch of his primitives from his other tables of this era.  I have this theme on my cab and I finally will get to play the actual game.  @Loserman76 graciously offered to do the scripting on this one.  As of now it looks like a really nice table.  PF and plastics donated by @Rosve, only needed minor work to get them to fall right into place, thanks

lj

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Looks great Tom! You got probably the best EM scripting guy so should be a great build!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

B-) Kicker Cup B-)   ;-)

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

Really looking forward to this one.

Two quick things to check: I can’t find a version of Little Joe that has your two posts to the left and right of the cluster of bumpers. Definitely doesn’t match the design elements common to Bally’s of this era.

Could just be the screenshot angle but the flippers look too narrow – more like later Williams or Sterns.

Enough nitpicking from me. Can’t wait to play it.

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

looking back at my reference photos I have some that have the posts and some that don’t.  The manual does not have them, good catch Bord.  I will check the flippers too, thanks

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

Oh yeah, kicker not correct too.  DUH.. good catch Thalamus

LynnInDenver
                Participant
                  @lynnindenver

I know sometimes things like posts get added by operators. Might be a service bulletin that went out if you’re seeing some with them and some without them. Or might have been a one off. <!–more–>

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                  Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                  Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

gonna try my first PF primitive based off of Bord’s tutorial.  when I import an obj file, what is the clamp size do and what should forward and up be set at.  I have made a few plastics by importing walls and noticed that I have to set size at 1000 when mi bring them back to vpx.

bord
                      @bord

Right at 1:10 should give you your import settings.

Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

I think my first issue is I need to update to 2.8…  clamp size I always put at 10 and I still have to make my plastic prims 1000 for x, y and z in vpx.  I did have z up instead of -z

bord
                          @bord

Clamp size is assigning the mesh(es) a scale in Blender. It can be anything but it will change how you size your lamps and what size your meshes re-import in VP. Import clamp size of 10 should give you a mesh scale of 100,100,100 when going back to VP.

2.79 or 2.8 shouldn’t make a difference but your export clamp size will. I don’t have Blender in front of me but I think it should be 1 to get 100,100,100. Should be able to glimpse the export settings in the video.

Edit: nope. Per 16:50 in the video size should be 10 on export.

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

ok will give it a try, thanks

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

I recommend. Stop the video often. Make notes along the way. You will screw up and need to start over – if not, well, then I would say you’re a special guy. It is cumbersome if you need to look at the video each time if your are sure that the last step was done correctly. It also helps to find some test tables and do it for them as well. Just so you get used to the process. Once you start, and you see good results. It is hard to stop. ;-)

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

@Bord, Time Tunnel has a very nice kicker in it, mind if I grab that?

bord
                                  @bord

By all means. Any meshes in my projects are fair game without credit or permission. I just like to discuss full-on project mods to see if it might be more orderly to incorporate changes into a single version.

BTW, Space Time was from a scan and is from the same era, which often means the same flipper position and outlane spacing. Depending where you are in your project you might overlay ST and Little Joe to see how your LJ assets line up with a circa 1971 scan for accurate flipper placement.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?