Memory Lane (Stern 1978)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/memory-lane-stern-1978-2/

This started as a mod of Scotty VH’s Memory Lane and turned into a complete rebuild.  Special thanks to @scottt for doing the initial build of this table.  I didn’t get to see what the redraw started from but it was done very well but just needed some adjustment.  I took the whole image and shifted it up to allow the space for the ball to drain at the bottom.  I adjusted the colors in the table to the correct shade and rebuilt the whole area around the top kickout hole.

Replaced the apron and all gates with new primitives.

Thanks to @Randr for helping me get the rollover buttons in the center to look properly when lit.  We replaced them with primitives and adjusted the lights so it looks like they are lit up instead of a light sitting on top.

Thanks to @Thalamus for building a PF primitive for both kickout holes, for redoing the physics on the table and for going over the script and sounds for his SSF.

Plastics were redone and thanks to @32Assassin for use of his back plastic from Sting Ray.

Scotty VH’s wheel image: https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/memory-lane-stern-1978-wheel-image/

Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Scotty VH
        @scottt
        ModeratorMember

Looks great, Tom and thanks for giving this table the love it deserves.  One minor thing ( a holdover from my release) is that the “S” (for Stern) is backwards on the top arch.  Can’t wait to give this a play on my cab!

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Bob Albright
        Participant
          @bobalbright

Nice—thank you!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

Looks great, Tom and thanks for giving this table the love it deserves.  One minor thing ( a holdover from my release) is that the “S” (for Stern) is backwards on the top arch.  Can’t wait to give this a play on my cab!

That’s funny because that wasn’t from the original table.  Everyone’s S is backwards! .  Weird but I will fix it

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks, @armyaviation and company. Played a real one in a classics tourney last week and didn’t do so hot. Time to redeem myself.

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

:good: Good luck @Bord

bjschneider93
                Participant
                  @bjschneider93

Looks really good. Thank you

Al Mundy
                  Participant
                    @almundy

Thanks so much for this beautiful version of Memory Lane. Back in 1978, I won a tournament on this pin and it’s so much fun to play it again.

Pinball Is My Life

STAT
                    Participant
                      @stefanaustria
                      MemberContributor

Thanks for the nice Update :good:  Looks like you had and have some nice Guys for the Help – great Men :rose:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Tom
                      Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

And thank you Stat, @stefanaustria, for all you have done.  I have been updating my wheels and media packs for the past two days and see your name on a lot of those creations.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        JR
                        Participant
                          @jfr1

Looks like I have some tables to add tonight.  Thanks Tom and crew!  This table looks very interesting.  Figured it was an EM at first.  But early SS!  Cool.

spoontangclan
                          Participant
                            @spoontangclan

I grew up with this pin in my basement. Thanks for this update. Probably the biggest thing I notice with this table is that when you get 3 strikes and it lights the toggled 3 red special lights, hitting the one lit red special light should award an extra ball and light the red “same player shoots again” light but I don’t think this is happening. I hit f6 to check the dip switches, and it seems like the defaults should make this happen. Any ideas/tips on how to enable this?

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

I don’t know this table well enough to answer you. But, often I’ve seen that if there is eg. a novelty in there, it might override what you expect to happen. I would say it sounds like a rom adjustment issue what you are seeing. But, I can’t swear on it. Not checked the manual or the table that close yet – IF I was able to figure it out :)

flstclasic
                              Participant
                                @flstclasic

Thank you Tom, Scott, RandR, Thalamus. :good:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?