Munsters (Stern/Tribute) WIP 1.02

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    grunger
    Participant
      @grunger

My first attempt at Pup and mostly all working well :)

Couple of questions, my DMD display is physically slightly larger than the hole in the speaker panel normally I resize the PinMame display to fit.
      Here it’s sized perfectly to the screen which means the bottom 1cm is displaying outside the speaker panel – is it possible to resize it manually?

Second – every time I hit the left flipper it says ‘You gotta charge your zap meter’ (I’m guessing my left flipper button is mapped to something else in the script, but what and where? – the lockdown bar button?)

I can also hear a windows dialog sound on launch, but I can’t see the message as I’m running excusive fullscreen, but the table goes and works happily, the DMD and backglass are visible too.

Looking forward to the progress on this one, looking great so far!

Daryl
      Participant
        @allknowing2012

My first attempt at Pup and mostly all working well :)

Couple of questions, my DMD display is physically slightly larger than the hole in the speaker panel normally I resize the PinMame display to fit.

Here it’s sized perfectly to the screen which means the bottom 1cm is displaying outside the speaker panel – is it possible to resize it manually?

Second – every time I hit the left flipper it says ‘You gotta charge your zap meter’ (I’m guessing my left flipper button is mapped to something else in the script, but what and where? – the lockdown bar button?)

I can also hear a windows dialog sound on launch, but I can’t see the message as I’m running excusive fullscreen, but the table goes and works happily, the DMD and backglass are visible too.

Looking forward to the progress on this one, looking great so far!

every time I hit the left flipper it says ‘You gotta charge your zap meter’   — it thinks you are pressing the magnsasave (2nd flipper) button.

Blurry
        Participant
          @blurry

Very good walk through by this guy on YouTube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqlykx83EHI

Easiest if you start with a fresh install of VPX, then install DOF, THEN Freezy,  AND THEN PuPlayer,  AND THEEEEEN the PuP Front end.  After that, its all gravey.   For the most part there is no install, you just unpack the files to a directory.  For the upgrades, you unpack the upgraded files into that same directory.  They guy in that video has a video for each phase.

PEandS1Ws
          Participant
            @peands1ws

What an amazing work of coding ! Already really pleasant to play table, Thanks so much Daryl :good:

PS for those who have 2 screens cab (like me) I made a very quick (not animated) db2s …

For use, rename or delete translite.png in /pinupmenu/pupvideo/mmunsters/backglass and put the db2s in the vp table folder, after that you have just to resize PupDMD for fit to the grill.

Munsters2

Link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=181F9R_LTsfsC5zQG72nqblNkKKHS3RW-

Thank you sebcemoi for your 2 screen backglass. Here are the coordinates to resize the DMD to fit perfectly-2,22.5,70.3,54.9,29.3

IMG_3666

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Mussinger
            Participant
              @mussinger

After the 4k Playfield , I’m working on the plastics

wip

richiep1
              Participant
                @richiep1

Daryl, got it working great….quick question…I am getting table sounds and the voice prompts of Grandpa, Herman and Marilyn…but I am not getting any sounds from any of the videos or when the bonus counts down between balls….is this the way its supposed to work or am I missing something?  Thanks again bud

humankind14
                Participant
                  @humankind14

@ richiep1, ¿podría ampliar un poco más la información sobre la ventana emergente y todo eso? como novato lo intenté todo (hasta que tuve que reinstalar visualpinball completo, etc.) y estoy desesperado por jugar esa increíble mesa …

Entonces, si entendí, tenemos que abrir cada carpeta y pegarla en la misma carpeta, pero ¿dónde están esas carpetas de destino? Copie y pegué todo a pupvideos, y nada …

de todos modos soy usuario de escritorio, (he ordenado un visualpinball y lo estoy esperando), ¿hay una opción más fácil para jugar en el escritorio?

as well, in the readme.text it says i have to change D to C..it means i have to cahange the exact route of where my visual pinball is located? or just change the d to c?

richiep1
                  Participant
                    @richiep1

Sorry humankind I don’t speak Spanish

Daryl
                    Participant
                      @allknowing2012

There is no audio embedded in the videos from the roms .. sorry cant do anything about that..as for the sounds in the bonus movie .. added a few of those in the next release.

humankind14
                      Participant
                        @humankind14

@richiep1

OH god…thats duie to the auto translator, it changes it !! i wrote in english!!

i will try again haha:

could you extend a bit the info about how to do for fix the PUP issues etc? im terribily newbie and its frustrating for me dont understanding that, i cant play the table, ifn fact i only knows how to install tables when its easy, i mean, add the table to directory, add the rom if needed and music, thats it, so when i try to open the munsters, it gives me a lo of script errors (i dont understand what to do even when i read and tried million times to make the chages without success) but as about twhere and how to plece the pup , media etc….i dont know how…

could you kindly explain me a bit more?

and of course i only ploay in desktop, (untill i receive the visualpinball i bought)

tnx!

richiep1
                        Participant
                          @richiep1

humankind14, would love to help you out, but not knowing anything about your rig (PC) as well as what kind of problems you’re having, it’s difficult to give you guidance.  Also, I have a 3 screen cabinet rig, not a one screen desktop rig, so my experience will be a bit different from yours.

If you are able to download and install a basic VPX/Directb2s table and get it to work on your rig, that’s a good first step.  Installing a PUP tables with PUPpacks is a bit more challenging, but they all install using the same basic steps, then the tweaking comes depending on whether you have a desktop rig, a 2 screen cab or a 3 screen cab.  Basically, the .vpx table file goes where all your other tables go and the PUP files, that is, the ‘romname’ folder with all it’s subfolders goes into the PinupSystem\PupVideos folder.  From there, it’s a metter of configuring the screens to match your rig’s setup.

Of course the one prerequisite to all of this is that you have to have the PinUp System Player setup and that is another matter entirely.  My suggestion for this would be to go to the Nailbuster site and review all the excellent tutorials there by Terry Red and others that detail this.  Additionally, there are tons of us out there on this site and others that love this hobby, have been where you are, and are willing to help. Wish you much success.

Daryl
                          Participant
                            @allknowing2012

No changes required! Get the newer version 1.03 table and Media available here…

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?