Munsters (Stern/Tribute) WIP 1.02

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

I can merge I think but not really following the topics where is the other one?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

These are the two existing threads:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/munsters-stern-tribute-wip-1-02/

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/munsters-stern-tribute-wip-1-02-2/  <– this is the correct one

richiep1
        Participant
          @richiep1

Daryl, first of all….kudos. The table looks great; been waiting for someone to take on this task.  Can”t wait for the final version!!

I’m running it on my 3 screen cabinet.  Took me a bit to get the screen positions right, but have it running now and it’s great.

I’m having a couple of minor issues, may apply to others, so I’ll put them out there:

1. Getting an error on line 387 in the script GetTimes(objFs.GetFolder(Folder))  I commented it out and the table seems to work fine, not sure what this code does, but maybe someone can chime in.
          2. Seems to take a long time between when a ball drains and when the next ball is launched into the plunger lane.
          3. On all my other PupPacks the DMD is Screen 1 and the Backglass is Screen2.  In your script it is the opposite.  I still got it to work though. I just put the screen position coordinates for the virtual dmd after where the script says SetScreenx pBackglass, 3500,275,1000,300,0.  These may seem like weird settings to some, but on my cabinet I have a 14″ monitor for the dmd, but my bezel covers most of it and it has a cutout that is the size of a ‘real’ DMD.

Lastly, some help for those of you who are not familiar with PUPPacks and Pinup Popper.  The files in the Media download don’t go into the PUPVideos directory.  They are individual files that go into the corresponding directories under POPMedia, ie. backglass, playfield, wheel, etc.

There is a separate download on Google with a bunch of  files in a mmunsters folder.  This contains all the pup pack files and the entire folder gets placed in the PupVideos directory.

Hope my feedback helps…………looking forward to more developments.  Thanks again Daryl.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I think i merged them @theloafer

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
            The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

You did @randr, you are a champ!

Daryl
              Participant
                @allknowing2012

Re:
                2. Seems to take a long time between when a ball drains and when the next ball is launched into the plunger lane.

#2 .. since you arent seeing the videos you are not seeing the bonus completed page .. oh and for those who have not found the easter egg… a dual flipper press will skip thru the bonus complete animation :-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                richiep1
                Participant
                  @richiep1

Daryl, I’m pretty sure I am seeing the videos.  Any idea on that line 387 error?  Thanks again!

Daryl
                  Participant
                    @allknowing2012

Yep.. read the readme. Do the update that is says you must do.

BeachBumTN
                    Participant
                      @beachbumtn

Daryl, this is looking great so far!  Before the “stay at home” scenario we visited an arcade in a neighboring city and this was my wife’s favorite table.

I am still having issues with the PuPPack on my 2 screen setup (one for playfield, the other for BG and DMD).  I continue to tweak and change script settings but still not displaying properly and/or having hidden screens.  If anyone has a similar setup and can share your findings it would be appreciated.

Thank you Daryl and thanks to everyone else that is working to improve this table.

Daryl
                      Participant
                        @allknowing2012

Daryl, this is looking great so far! Before the “stay at home” scenario we visited an arcade in a neighboring city and this was my wife’s favorite table.

I am still having issues with the PuPPack on my 2 screen setup (one for playfield, the other for BG and DMD). I continue to tweak and change script settings but still not displaying properly and/or having hidden screens. If anyone has a similar setup and can share your findings it would be appreciated.

Thank you Daryl and thanks to everyone else that is working to improve this table.

At this time .. disable the bg and position the dmd onto your backglass. (via the script)

richiep1
                        Participant
                          @richiep1

Cmon D. give me some credit (lol).

I did the update to the script to point to the directory where the mmunsters folder is located….is that what you’re referring to?

I’ll double check it and make sure it’s correct.

richiep1
                          Participant
                            @richiep1

I’m an idiot….had the wrong drive letter…forgot to change D: to C:

The Loafer
                            Participant
                              @theloafer

Credit rescinded ;)

BeachBumTN
                              Participant
                                @beachbumtn

At this time .. disable the bg and position the dmd onto your backglass. (via the script)

Thanks for the tip Daryl.  A first attempt still resulted in issues but no worries I will continue to tweak later today. Regardless this is an exciting effort and I look forward to its development.

Friffy1
                                Participant
                                  @friffy1

please make a vpx version

This IS for VPX.

people who make these things should think about other people

He DID.  That’s why he shared it!  If you have some sort of problem with it, nobody cares.  Don’t play it.  Either way, don’t tell somebody who puts hard work into something…..  no…  never mind.  You won’t understand.  Run along now.

VPX by itself, simply doesnt have the dmd capabilities required to make this possible.

You don’t owe anybody any explanation.  You’re amazing.  Keep it up!!! :-)

sebcemoi
                                  Participant
                                    @sebcemoi

What an amazing work of coding ! Already really pleasant to play table, Thanks so much Daryl  :good:

PS  for those who have 2 screens cab (like me) I made a very quick (not animated) db2s …

For use, rename or delete translite.png in /pinupmenu/pupvideo/mmunsters/backglass and put the db2s in the vp table folder, after that you have just to resize PupDMD for fit to the grill.

Munsters2

Link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=181F9R_LTsfsC5zQG72nqblNkKKHS3RW-

4 users thanked author for this post.
                                    Friffy1
                                    Participant
                                      @friffy1

Had a chance to try this out.  You’ve done a really nice job so far!  The table plays smoothly.  The action’s great.  I’d say you don’t have much room for improvement, so I’m excited to see what you come up with!  Also, I love that you’ve included Orbital Scoreboard.

BeachBumTN
                                      Participant
                                        @beachbumtn

After several plays on the table I agree that it plays very well.  I did have one random stuck ball behind Marilyn ramp during Herman Ball but otherwise no issues at all.    I am using 2 screen with smaller DMD so scoring fonts are a bit small  but probably not an issue for those with better setups.   Thanks again for your work to date – excellent job coding and creating this one!

LynnInDenver
                                        Participant
                                          @lynnindenver

I’m definitely liking what I see, now that I’ve gotten it onto Radiant Silverball. I can see where it’s a bit rough still – seemingly missing images and videos, and the way of configuring the displays is a bit clunky, it might be worth putting some constants up near the top of the script that we can plug the numbers into and have them used in the PinUp initialization area.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

gozirra
                                          Participant
                                            @gozirra

Just a heads up, when Paul Lynde tells you to hit the zap button, he’s talking about magnasave (defaults to page up and page down, if you don’t have wired switches).

Great work so far!

Sometimes it takes 10-15 seconds after the bonus is added up before the next ball comes out, I’m seeing the videos throughout the game so maybe there’s something else I need to look into?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?