My Wife has lost her BOSE Mini Sound Dock…

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jbg4208
    Participant
      @jbg4208

Im doing kinda the same thing except I found an old set of IBM speakers and disassembled them. Mounted one on the left and one on the right just below the flipper buttons.  facing out, with a wood spacer that directs the sounds up toward the lock down bar. They work fantastic as force feedback and table sounds. Absolutely love it. you can feel everything as long as the sounds on the tables are setup correctly. I have had to change a few table sounds to get a better effect but still. WOW.   I played a FX2 table and was board very quickly, like you said. Is there a way to separate sounds on fx2? Not real important though. I don’t play those much at all. Now my 4 year old loves the star wars fx2 tables.

RustyCardores
        @rustycardores
        MemberModerator

I think sound vibes like this is something that everyone should run, even those with DOF, because there is no way that DOF solenoids and shakers etc can replicate all the sounds that come from the table. I’m sure true DOF is awesome! and I would need to play a cab with it, but I’m pretty sure I would miss not feeling the little things.

When you think about… sound is vibration and when you feel the vibration that is generated from a sound, it actually feels like it sounds (if you get what I mean)

As for FX2… I dunno about the sound, but all you would be doing is having sounds of ramps…. more ramps ….more ramps ….oh look>>> more bloody ramps! lol

jbg4208
        Participant
          @jbg4208

I think sound vibes like this is something that everyone should run, even those with DOF, because there is no way that DOF solenoids and shakers etc can replicate all the sounds that come from the table. I’m sure true DOF is awesome! and I would need to play a cab with it, but I’m pretty sure I would miss not feeling the little things. When you think about… sound is vibration and when you feel the vibration that is generated from a sound, it actually feels like it sounds (if you get what I mean) As for FX2… I dunno about the sound, but all you would be doing is having sounds of ramps…. more ramps ….more ramps ….oh look>>> more bloody ramps! lol

Yah you can even feel the rolling ball, ramps and anytime the ball hits a rubber post. Just fantastic.  and about fx2.. yep lots o ramps and combos

RustyCardores
            @rustycardores
            MemberModerator

UPDATE:  I just installed a little Lepy amp and some 3 inch tactile driver pucks inside my cab under the flippers, in place of the X-Vibes under the lockdown.

UPDATE UPDATE: I have just uninstalled the tactile driver pucks and reinstalled the X-Vibes.  lol

It might be the 18mm high density MDF of my cab at fault, but the X-Vibes under my pinewood lockdown bar just work better.  They transmit the smaller sounds better and they sound better.

So…. anyone considering Poor Man’s DOF be warned. To determine what works best for your cab, there is some trial and error involved, plus a few dollars at risk.  I’ll be using these pucks in my race sim seat now, so they wont go to waste… and it was only $65 all up to try the amp & pucks, so it was never really a big risk. ;)

RustyCardores
              @rustycardores
              MemberModerator

I was asked on the Aussie Arcade forum for a “How To…” with some pics.

If you’re interested… http://tinyurl.com/znms2hd

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?