This topic contains 43 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 5 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author
     Tom 
    Participant

I finally found it and got it working.  There is so much feedback coming through this amp its going in the trash.

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Happy to hear that you figured it out and amps are relatively cheap, and probably a reason why you now are trashing it ?! :unsure:   ;-)

Tom 
    Participant

Yeah.  It was like $12.  The last one I had was great and it was the same.  Plus my exciter broke and I had to pull it off the side of the cab and now it won’t stick back on.  Tried new tape but nogo.  Gonna let it sit for a bit and Reevaluate situation cause I’m getting frustrated.  Unfortunately I have a big hole in the bottom of my cab with a 6 inch sub so I can’t waste that

Thalamus 

Never understood why people would want to use a tape solution. Mine is firmly attached and moveable.

Tom 
    Participant

how is that?

Thalamus 
     Badazzwi 
    Participant

I used screws to hold my exciters to the inside of my cab.

I just finished my ssf setup last night. 7.1 AVR hooked up to my PC through HDMI of my video card. 4 exciters, 1 sub and 2 4 inch back box speakers that have skulls on them with red eyes that light up with the music.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Tom 
    Participant

Unfortunately mine don’t have those holes. I may redo the whole set up but it’s not going to be right now.

Tom 
    Participant

Another bad amp… ugh this sucks.  What amp are you guys using

outhere 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I have 3 of these

https://www.parts-express.com/lepai-lp-168ha-21-2x40w-mini-amplifier-1x68w-sub-output–310-308

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  outhere.
     flstclasic 
    Participant

I use the same amps as outhere.

Tom 
    Participant

You have 1 for the exciters and 1 for the sub?

flstclasic 
    Participant
     Badazzwi 
    Participant

They are 2.1 amps so you can run 2 exciters and a sub off one of them.

I use a 7.1 audio video reciever to run all my speakers. Takes up some room in the cab but works great.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Badazzwi.
     Tom 
    Participant

I have my ssf working good now but I have a few issues.  sound level is the biggest.  Some tables the sound effects sound nice and loud like MAC Jungle, for instance, flippers nice and loud and left and right working.  I just updated teed off with your script @thalamus, the flippers are very quiet.  Either way ball rolling sounds and very very quiet.  With my old setup the sounds were fine so I know its not the table.

Tom 
    Participant

just did galaxy play and before the script change for ssf the flippers were loud, now very quiet.

Thalamus 

Mac Galax – line 33, Teed off – line 25.

Ball rolling too low ? Export from Jaws, delete all ballrolling* sounds on the problem table, then import the exported ones. Not much I can do with tables that uses low samples.

Most of the scripts has volume settings in the top for the different elements. There is a huge difference in sound solutions out there. Making something fit for everyone is more or less impossible. I highly recommend that you run PinVol though.

Badazzwi 
    Participant

I find a lot of the tables need adjusting with ssf. I usually end up adjusting the volume on the dmd to make it sound more balanced with the table sounds and then use pinvol to set the overall volume so I dont have to touch the main volume on my amp.

Tom 
    Participant

When I had the pf sounds running through the bg tv and not through the 5.1 card the volumes were fine.  It was only when I changed that when the sounds became very quiet.

Thalamus 

If the sounds used to be ok, well, then it is of course a local problem you have to fix yourself. Here, the two speakers in the backglass + the sub is the main output. Tables like Goonies where the sound/music is set to come from the table is just awful. Exciters can’t compete with the clarity of sound through air.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 20 hours ago by  Thalamus.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account