Need help with sound setup

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    LynnInDenver
    Participant
      @lynnindenver

Tom, do you have a center speaker hooked up? Some amps really seem to fight against not having one, by still insisting on putting sounds through that section even if you don’t have a speaker hooked up. That can cause you to lose some of the sound (it thinks it’s voice, and tries to move it ‘appropriately’).

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

I have the back speakers set as the back two speakers, music.  The front 2 exciters set as the front speakers and playing pf sounds.  I believe I deselected the center speaker in windows when I setup 5.1

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

it must not be the setup because some sound good.  cavaleiro negro sounds fine, however, black sheep squadron, has a lot of feedback while at idle

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

TFTC no feedback, TOTAN feedback in the pf speakers pretty noticeable. wierd

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

having an issue with my sound setup again.  I have two computer speakers with sub plugged into one output and an amp with a sub and two exciters plugged in another.  I went to the windows sound and enable surround sound and when i test the speakers, the 4 speakers are set to the front L and R and Back L and R and all play individually.  The front speakers in windows are my back and the back are the front though.

When i go into VPX audio, i have 5.1 selected front is rear and rear is front.  All PF sounds are being played out the exciters as normal, all music is being played out of the back speakers next to dmd as normal, but the PF sounds are also being played out of the Backbox speakers with the music….   any ideas?

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Maybe this applies to you Tom ? https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/win10-and-lost-music-rom-sounds/

flstclasic
                Participant
                  @flstclasic

You might want to look into downloading Equalizer APO.  It fixes many issues.

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

i installed that, didnt work, but when i selected surround sound all effects to rear channels it worked.  i am gonna play with it though because if i add a second amp and 2 more exciters i want it to work

flstclasic
                    Participant
                      @flstclasic

Not being an expert on this. Have you tried using 7.1 instead of 5.1? Also the Facebook SSF group can be of help on these things.

Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

what I have is now working.  If I upgrade I think I will have to use 7.1

flstclasic
                        Participant
                          @flstclasic

Seems like I remember seeing even if you are not using 7.1 to set it to 7.1 anyway.

flstclasic
                          Participant
                            @flstclasic

Yep, I seen it in MJR build guide.

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/BuildGuideV2/BuildGuide.php?sid=audio

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            Tom
                          Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?