Party Animal WIP, Done

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    cyberpez
    Participant
      @cyberpez

If you can find the correct lamp numbers for the Jukebox it should be easy enough to at least get it working.  I just used the 5 that were commented in the script.  I looked at the manual but it was not obvious what they would be.

Do you have a video or anything of this frog?  I sorta looked but didn’t find anything easily..

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

I looked in the VBScript for 6803 and it had this:

vpmSystemHelp = “Bally 6803 keys:” & vbNewLine &_
        vpmKeyName(keyInsertCoin1) & vbTab & “Insert Coin #1”   & vbNewLine &_
        vpmKeyName(keyInsertCoin2) & vbTab & “Insert Coin #2”   & vbNewLine &_
        vpmKeyName(keyInsertCoin3) & vbTab & “Insert Coin #3”   & vbNewLine &_
        vpmKeyName(keyCpuDiag)     & vbTab & “Test”             & vbNewLine &_
        vpmKeyName(keySoundDiag)   & vbTab & “Sound Diagnostic” & vbNewLine &_
        vpmKeyName(keyCoinDoor)    & vbTab & “Open/Close Coin Door” & vbNewLine &_
        “KP 0-9”                   & vbTab & “Keypad 0-9”       & vbNewLine &_
        “KP / * -”                 & vbTab & “Keypad ABC”       & vbNewLine &_
        “KP Enter”                 & vbTab & “Keypad Enter”     & vbNewLine &_
        vpmKeyName(keyCancel)      & vbTab & “Keypad Kbd/Clr”   & vbNewLine &_
        vpmKeyName(keyKPGame)      & vbTab & “Keypad Game”      & vbNewLine &_
        vpmKeyName(keySlamDoorHit) & vbTab & “Slam Tilt”

*****”KP 0-9″                   & vbTab & “Keypad 0-9”       & vbNewLine &_***** Doe this mean to use the keypad buttons 0-9 you hit VPtab and 0-9?  what is VPTab?

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

Just remembered I had d-loaded the WIP.  Very neat table lay-out!  Had never seen this game before.  I’m a big sucker for in-line drop targets.  Thanks for persevering guys!!

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

Untitled

frog in, now gotta make it hop

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

VICTORY!!!! found instructions over at VPF on how to access the service menu.  Went through all the lights and checked everything.  I had the back flashers swapped, everything else is right now.  Got the jukebox flashers working in order now just like the real table!!!  Gonna go have a rum and coke now! :yahoo:

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

I have been watching videos of this damn jukebox for the last 3 days.  I have come to the following conclusion.   there are indeed 5 lights on either side, I think all 5 bulbs are clear, the top 2 are in the yellow portion of the jukebox, the bottom 2 are in the red, and the middle on is almost split.   from all the videos, I cant figure out how the bottom red part lights up then turns orange.  I thought maybe colored bulbs or some trick.  If you slow down the Party Animal TNT video, it seems like the bulb, say the bottom 2,  lights up which illuminates the red plastic then gets really bright which makes it look whitish orange.  They kinda flash on in different intensity.  That would be the only way I can explain how a red plastic turns from unlit to red to orange.

So what we have now, 10 flashers working, and a primitive with the ability to render it different colors.  @Mlager8 and @Cyberpez went from making and coding 8 different render options to the jukebox to 30 now that we have 5 lights confirmed.  I just don’t know how we are going to make this thing look authentic with the multi intensity lights.  The only way I can think is to use flashers and have 2 flashers for each light on a timer, 1 red and then a split second later whiteish orange burst.

We need some serious help from the pool of really smart people on this forum or we are gonna have to settle for a “lit” jukebox.

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

jukebox is done, no flashers needed.  very happy with the results.  Just have a few more things to do

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

I want to congratulate you Tom on this (soon to be ? ) release. I’ve had the pleasure of seeing you evolve. I’ve seen a few betas of it and I’m actually quite impressed with the last tests. You have put a lot of effort into making it a good re-creation and it shows. I know that you’ve had some help along the way, but, that is always needed in order to evolve.  :good:

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

I appreciate that, when you get this kind of feedback from guys who you look up to in this hobby makes it all worth it.  Cant wait to get this one out there because I think for all the slack the real table gets, its actually a fun table.  BTW, all my respect to @Mlager8, this would have not been possible without him.  BTW Frog is now hopping, thanks @Cyberpez

Mlager8
                      Participant
                        @mlager8

Thanks @armyaviation this was a great first project to dive into. Definitely a bit of a learning curve understanding how VPX works, but having someone who knows all the ins and outs made it much easier to understand. Really happy with how this is coming out!

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

“knows all the ins and outs…….” @Mlager8, think you give me more credit than I deserve, lol

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

Yes. I know – as mentioned before that you’ve had help. So, I should have mentioned @mlager8 in the same post above I guess – especially since it is a “new guy” who obviously is doing great work when he is given the opportunity. Thank you both !

JR
                            Participant
                              @jfr1

Really have enjoyed following this.  Wish I could be of some help.  Looking forward to playing this.  Heck, it has a hopping frog?

Shannon
                              Participant
                                @shannon1

I really appreciate you guys working together to bring us this table. Another example of why this hobby is great! :good:

Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation
                                  MemberContributor

Just one last addition to ball rolling sounds and possibly a new b2s release then table will be here.  I have some scans and pics coming tomorrow of the translite, also may have the alternate Dad’s root beer b2s

Mlager8
                                  Participant
                                    @mlager8

Excited to get this out there, nice going Tom!

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?