Party Animal WIP, Done

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

I have a good buddy that has a party animal, would love to build this table but playfield image is going to be the issue.  I was looking through the manual and the typical image layouts have all the items shown.  Are these “blueprints” a good representation of the layout or just a rough estimate.  Thought about starting to populate a playfield using the image as a template?  Good idea or bad idea?

Party Animal Blueprint

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

It’s a good guide but not exact.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

32assassin
        Participant
          @32assassin

they are close but you will never get an exact match given that a PF image can be built from pictures or photomerges

and they can be warped.  You will more then likely need to stretch and skew the layout or the PF image to match each other.

don’t add anything you are not willing to or have to move. And don’t build ramps until everything is in place.

I had to stretch the layout for ID4 to match the PF image,  I go it close but their are a few posts/pegs that are a bit off.

but the only reason I did this was to get the correct shape of the plastic and wire ramps

not to tell me where to place my pegs or posts.

Playfield

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

Just spent the last hour making this pattern for the PF.  Gonna go from there.  I have a buddy that can get me some hi res pics of the artwork so someone with better photoshop skills might need to help add them in.  The background along with the blueprints and good images might not be so bad of a build

pf test

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

photoshop is kicking my butt… got most of the inserts made

pf test :wacko:

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Kalavera3
              Participant
                @kalavera3

Tom, how is that project going? That table was in my plans a long time ago, I have some material but only the internet, if it serves you here I leave it, if I can be useful in something, count on me, a hug! :good:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17sD-0mnfIIFSZMBkSDvqkSFKU3lM0g9H

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

well I was waiting on my buddy for resources but he is being a pain, he is pretty busy though.  looks like you may have come through for me though.  what I really need is someone to do the PF for me.  I am horrible at photoshop.  I have the background layed out and the blueprint overlay on it.  The images need to be broken down and placed one by one on the pf image.  Luckily they are cartoonlike so they should be easy to do.  If I can find someone to do that we can make progress on it.

I have started populating the PF but everything will hinge off the Blue print being accurate.  That is all we have to go with now.

Mlager8
                  Participant
                    @mlager8

I did some hobbling together from the resources here plus some more online. It’s not much, but maybe a starting place to lay down some graphics. See if this help you at all:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dnU7Zv7DRZJdAuekn_R69HP4WQA2972n

Tom
                    Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

that looks like a really great starting point.  better than I could have done.   Anyone out there a pro at photoshop want to look at this and see if it can be improved or if its there already.  If someone wants to recommend someone I can contact this will get this table moving along.  Thanks @mlager8

Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

I overlaid the blueprint on it and it lined up almost damn near perfect.  I cleaned up the edges and fits really nice.

Mlager8
                        Participant
                          @mlager8

I’m glad it’s fitting, I tried to take the blueprint from the drive folder above and make sure all edges were plumb. It’s overlayed in the top layer of my psd which you can turn off. If no one else jumps in I can help out more, just don’t think I can redraw this whole PF as the art is way to detailed for that.

I might try uprezzing with gigapixel (really amazing software) but really there’s no substitute for real high res photos. If your bud ever comes through with new pics let me know and I’ll jump back on for sure

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

he has a populated PF so don’t know how well they are gonna turn out.  This is WAY better than any other pic or the vp9 version so I am happy.  Didn’t know if anything else can be done to it. I did start replacing the inserts and will have to go back and do the script on them.

Mlager8
                            Participant
                              @mlager8

Allright, don’t really need the playfield unpopulated, the problem area seems to be the top because that was furthest from the camera and most distorted. Even just some snaps of the characters would be great. When I get some time I’ll look and see if there’s any improvements I can make as is

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

Let me check tomorrow I might have some. Plus  remember there are a lot of plastic ramps up there so you won’t see most of it.  The bottom is most important

JR
                                Participant
                                  @jfr1

Looking forward….to enjoying what you’re up to.

Mlager8
                                  Participant
                                    @mlager8

Did a SHIT ton of work to this playfield. Up-ressed everything to an impressive 8k (at least for working on, final will have to be scaled back down), re-drew the blue patterned field and masked it in. Replaced almost all the font, some light retouching and color balancing, better alignment of images, and overall reworking.

Like you said, most of the upper playfield is covered by ramps and such, but the rooster, camel, and eye thing in the top right are in most need of some better photo’s.

Other than that, do you have, or know of good resources for the light flasher plastic inserts? I saw you started doing that in your original photoshop post. I can re make the fonts for all the flashers, but need better texture resources for the plastic inserts themselves.

PSD:
                                    https://mega.nz/#!6sYGXSKT

PartyAnimal_4k

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

I will check that out.  great work.  As far as the plastics, I got images off of ebay just to get the shapes.  They are simple enough that they can be made.  let me get the final shapes of them done, especially the two around the flippers and then the images can be made.  I used the pics from ebay to get a shape that I can make a primitive out of.  did you look at the images Kalavera3 had a couple posts up.  If not I can get my buddy to get them

img

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

I get an error when I try and download the pic

Mlager8
                                        Participant
                                          @mlager8

Sorry here’s a new link:
                                          <p style=”text-align: center;”>https://mega.nz/#!6sYGXSKT!V9rD_c8I0tw2KiHAzIiUK6F6pVXZ0rMz71GhoYNBJPc</p&gt;

And yes I looked through all the resources posted above and used the higher res ones to fill in where I could

Tom
                                          Tom
                                          Participant
                                            @armyaviation
                                            MemberContributor

Amazing job creating this playfield.  This looks great

PartyAnimal_4k

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 136 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?