Pinball (Stern 1977)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

That’s an awesome explanation thanks.  So how does my installation of VPX and a European guys installation vary.  Do you guys select something different when installing that makes the difference or it it windows?

LynnInDenver
      Participant
        @lynnindenver

It’s a Windows thing, regarding localization. Believe it or not, I believe this is the exact same thing that breaks UltraDMD scoreboards with commas on European installs. The two ways to workaround it are, on the table side, avoid setting decimal integers, or on the user’s side, setting the localization to some flavor of English.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
        Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
        Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Tom
        Bentom
        Participant
          @bentom

Wow :yahoo:  absolute brilliant work.
          Thank you very much

Thomas

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

It’s a Windows thing, regarding localization. Believe it or not, I believe this is the exact same thing that breaks UltraDMD scoreboards with commas on European installs. The two ways to workaround it are, on the table side, avoid setting decimal integers, or on the user’s side, setting the localization to some flavor of English.

That’s where I remember talking about this, in the flex dmd thread.  Holy shit @thalamus, That wasn’t that long ago and I already forgot. Just turned 40 and I feel like I’m 60 forgetting shit already

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Haha. Well, look at it this way. Forgetting it, maybe makes room for something more important. ;-)

Updon
              Participant
                @posty90

Lol, I am sure there are, finding the b2s and other files  for this table is a real chore, this is probably one of the only tables that links will help for sure

Greenman
                Participant
                  @greenman

Is there a directb2s for this baby?

Greenman
                  Participant
                    @greenman

Is there a directb2s for this baby?

Yes there is….

…on this site in fact.

JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

This table is a lot of fun and have been enjoying playing it back and forth with Sting Ray.

One query – – My backhands up the inlanes stop dead where the wire guides meet.  Just me?  Is this how the real game plays?  Hope not, my game needs all the help it can get and I want to tinker.  Thanks again Tom!

Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

I will check it, may meet adjusted

robertms
                        Participant
                          @mophead

Thanks for the update Tom, this is a great build and and an addictive game. On a side note, what could have possibly inspired this imaginative name? What kind of mind numbing substances were they subjected to at Stern in 1977? Some marketing wizards, lol.

STAT
                          Participant
                            @stefanaustria
                            MemberContributor

Thanks for the 2.1, i also love this Table – a real Bonus-Fight, cool B-)

Hey, without Beer … ;-)

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

I am shocked it hasn’t been done before, hidden gem

oldefrothingslosh
                              Participant
                                @oldefrothingslosh

Many thanks for building this one. My virtual cabinet is built out of one of these that could not be returned from the dead after repeated attempts, so it is amazing to finally actually be able to play it. And yeah, seriously calling the game Pinball made finding info about it remarkably difficult. Anyhow, thanks so very much for this version. Made my week.

Tom
                                JR
                                Participant
                                  @jfr1

Thanks for the update!  Backhands are bouncing about now where the rails meet but still not rolling up the inlane to the rollover.  But again, no one else has mentioned this so maybe I just have to slide the glass off and get my bendy tool out.

@oldefrothingslosh
                                  !!  You have Pinball in a Pinball cab?  Must post a pic!!

krofnic
                                  Participant
                                    @krofnic

Great job, my favorite table, thanks! :)

Tom
                                    bietekwiet
                                    Participant
                                      @bietekwiet

Hey, thanks for the table!

It is pure pinball experience, can’t get more basic but pure, I love it.

To not turn deaf, I switched the bell and chime sounds over to the backglass speakers so I can crank up the other mechanical sounds (mostly to feel the bumpers) of my table exciters and bass puck.

It makes the feeling of  the table’s vibrations more enjoyable without the overpowered bells getting in the way. It seems to be a constant with EM tables. Perhaps other people have other creative sound solutions for DOF/FSS sound?

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

That has always been an issue with EM tables, kinda like ball rolling.  Some want loud some don’t.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

Bells and chimes has never been quiet, the manufacturers was really scared at first going over from those to electronic sounds. This is vp – do your modifications if you want to. But, don’t expect authors to change because you as single individual prefer it differently. For the EM’s I play most often, I’ve moved the chimes up the table a bit, I prefer not to have any such sound coming out at default location. I’ve also, for some tables moved reels, credits and knocker to the backglass. And, yes, sometime, I’ve also put chimes there too. But, it not for the reason you describe.

axmiha
                                          Participant
                                            @axmiha

Here it says “Object required: controller” – or am I on the Pinball Stern EM? In any case the Pinball (Stern 1977) gives me “Machine ‘pinball’ (Pinball) terminated before initialized, check the rom path” etc.

• The “setlocale(1033)” is there after Randomize. I’m not a programmer, by the way.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?