Pit Stop (Williams 1968) VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    alois
    Participant
      @alois

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=189694

Key 1 starts the table, 2 set credits to 0, 3 counts 5 credits, 4 changes between 3 or 5 balls to play in attract mode, 5 counts 1 credit, c calls ball control.

Have fun!

JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

Always enjoy exploring one of your new releases.  Thanks for sharing! – – and hope your eyes are back to 100%!!

alois
        Participant
          @alois

Always enjoy exploring one of your new releases. Thanks for sharing!

My pleasure!

I stick to tables which haven’t been done yet.  The hardest part is finding useable playfields.  There are a large number of EM-tables which would be new in VPX on ipdb without playfields.  If anyone has links to such playfields and maybe nice backglasses for them too, I’d very much appreciate it if you’d let me know.

– – and hope your eyes are back to 100%!!

Thanks!  Working on the graphics is straining, and I have to sometimes interrupt that for a day, but the scripting always goes well.

Marvailh
          Participant
            @marvailh

Really nice ! And cool ! Just need Post-it for Highscore and it’ll be perfect ! :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
            JR
            Participant
              @jfr1

Really nice ! And cool ! Just need Post-it for Highscore and it’ll be perfect ! :good:

I believe there’s a how-to for creating your own post-its.  Google GTXjoe maybe?

united kingdom
              Participant
                @rockhouse

superb fantastic brilliant :yahoo:

thanks for an excellent 1960’s :good:

pinball plays excellent :yahoo:

bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

Really excited to try this out. Pit Stop is a neat game. Thanks!

yrplace18
                  Participant
                    @yrplace18

Nice looking game, but can’t get it to look right in cabinet mode. The backglass looks fine , but even after rotating the play field 270 degrees it isn’t a rectangle and also there are scores on top of the image…….Thanks

alois
                    Participant
                      @alois

Nice looking game, but can’t get it to look right in cabinet mode. The backglass looks fine , but even after rotating the play field 270 degrees it isn’t a rectangle and also there are scores on top of the image…….Thanks

The 3 or 5 in Balls to Play is an element I put on the backglass and shifted to the playfield since you can’t put an EM-Reel into it.  I noticed it is further to the right than on my screen in a youtube video someone posted there.  Try to remove it and see what happens.  I had some instances when elements placed outside the playfield moved it to a higher place, and when I removed them it looked ok again.

And the table is based on my Tramway table (I just changed the pictures and rewrote the script).  @rockhouse posted “i used 0/36/65/270/1.13/1/0/0/0 for cabinet use” for this table.  I don’t know what those datas mean, but maybe they work with Pit Stop too.

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

Those are POV settings and a good place to start.  I’m having a hoot trying to get this dialed in!

alois
                        Participant
                          @alois

Those are POV settings and a good place to start. I’m having a hoot trying to get this dialed in!

I played around with those setting, just to understand how you guys use the table in cabinet mode. I set DT image to none, XY Rotation to 270, Y Scale to 1,5 and untick enable EMReel and EnableDecal.  The bumpers have holes and 2 lights are more to the right, and I think I would have to delete the text boxes too, but are this the changes that would have to be made?

alois
                          Participant
                            @alois

I set DT image to none, XY Rotation to 270, Y Scale to 1,5 and untick enable EMReel and EnableDecal.

Sorry I forgot: Inclination to 0.

united kingdom
                            Participant
                              @rockhouse

the settings i use on  f/s are

inc = 0   field =  36  lay = 0   x= 1  y = 1.12  z = 1  and x y z  i left  at 0,0,0

that is close hope that helps looks ok in my cab on  f/s :good:

and pulled all the boxes scores e.t.c to the side all works fine

JR
                              Participant
                                @jfr1

Thanks @rockhouse ! How did you drag that stuff to the side?

Adolfo
                                Participant
                                  @scorpion

Dear friend,

the table is really playable well..backglass perfect, only the table need to be improved, you can be helped from many champions of pinball construction…thanks for sharing this piece of story :good:

Adolfo
                                  Participant
                                    @scorpion

I found these…hope you can use it

Attachments:
                                    united kingdom
                                    Participant
                                      @rockhouse

just left click on item and move off playfield

JR
                                      alois
                                      Participant
                                        @alois

Dear friend,

the table is really playable well..backglass perfect, only the table need to be improved, you can be helped from many champions of pinball construction…thanks for sharing this piece of story :good:

I could certainly need some help with the graphics in my tables.  Currently I get along with scanning through the table pictures in VPMan when I need a new element until I find a similar one, and copy it over.  The Standup Targets for instance I found in one of @loserman76’s tables.  I hope he doesn’t mind.  And most of the other elements are pretty basic, no rubbers for instance.  I’m not as familiar with VPX yet as I’d like to.

Thanks for the playfield picture, it has a higher resolution.  I usually first rectangle select the part I need and then use the perspective tool to get it to a rectangle.  I’ll try whether replacing the current one with it will look better.

MrNoe25
                                        Participant
                                          @mrnoe25

Thank you so much for this amazing table.  I own this machine and this is helping me dial it in and see what relays need some cleaning.  The playfield is a bit rough but the backglass and plastics are mint.  If you would like me to take photos please let me know of what and how to best shoot them for anyone.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          bord
                                            @bord
                                            MembervipContributorModerator

Thank you so much for this amazing table. I own this machine and this is helping me dial it in and see what relays need some cleaning. The playfield is a bit rough but the backglass and plastics are mint. If you would like me to take photos please let me know of what and how to best shoot them for anyone.

Very cool offer. Would be great to get the plastics scanned at 200dpi for this or a future project.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?