Police Force VPX WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    CurtisTN73
    Participant
      @curtistn73

I’m hopeful that this will be released some day. Has there been any more progress?

bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

@jonosborne, were you ever able to get scans/photos of this?

Jon Osborne
        Participant
          @jonosborne

@bord That other plan fell through but I actually just purchased a beautiful Police Force machine specifically to help you guys with assets to get this title pushed out in all its living glory. It will probably be 2-3 weeks before it arrives but please reach out to me for additional info. Thanks!

12 users thanked author for this post.
          dcbenji
          Participant
            @dcbenji
            This reply has been marked as private.
            tki1980
            Participant
              @tki1980

Hi.
              Any progress/news on this epic table:)?

makmak
              Participant
                @makmak

Heres some original resources ;-)

dcbenji
                Participant
                  @dcbenji

We have more resources but sounds like work is mostly halted until we get a decent playfield scan or a good playfield redraw.

darindalida
                  Participant
                    @darindalida

Is there anything we can do to help? I don’t have the skills to make the table – but I’ll gladly contribute in any way I can to see this come to life. I have a lot of memories with this table – and while it’ll never be the top for many – I love it. Considering getting decals for my cab of Police Force…just hoping I can get the table to match!

But seriously – if there’s anything needed let me know.

darindalida
                    Participant
                      @darindalida

We have more resources but sounds like work is mostly halted until we get a decent playfield scan or a good playfield redraw.

What does this entail? Forgive my ignorance – new to the VPIN community – but very motivated.

dcbenji
                      Participant
                        @dcbenji

It means re-drawing the playfield via vector graphics based off of the high quality photographs that are good enough to reference but not suitable for using as a workable vpx playfield. Or, if you happen to come across a police force  table in real life and can tear it down and scan the play field that’s another option…

darthwhat
                        Participant
                          @darthwhat

I can try to redraw it in vector, if that’s all this table needs to get finished. I’ve been vectoring since Adobe Illustrator 7 (1997), Does anyone have a good reference image to work off of for the playfield? let me know!

ashleyb
                          Participant
                            @ashleyb

I think there’s a build of this table being done as it was mentioned on the visual pinball junkies Facebook group.  Don’t have the link to hand as I don’t use FB often.  But a guy on there had bought a table to tear down for scans from memory – think it may have been @jonosborne who posted above.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by ashleyb.
                            darthwhat
                            Participant
                              @darthwhat

I think there’s a build of this table being done as it was mentioned on the visual pinball junkies Facebook group. Don’t have the link to hand as I don’t use FB often. But a guy on there had bought a table to tear down for scans from memory.

lol yup sure is I just checked and I even liked it 7 weeks ago.

ashleyb
                              Participant
                                @ashleyb

I think there’s a build of this table being done as it was mentioned on the visual pinball junkies Facebook group. Don’t have the link to hand as I don’t use FB often. But a guy on there had bought a table to tear down for scans from memory.

lol yup sure is I just checked and I even liked it 7 weeks ago.

yeah, think it may even be the vpin workshop guys doing it, so should be good!

darindalida
                                Participant
                                  @darindalida

Fantastic news! VPW’s Bat Cats is one of my favorites…excited to see what they do with it.

dcbenji
                                  Participant
                                    @dcbenji

If you want to have a go at it the images in this folder need to be stitched together and properly aligned before vector tracing. There are two images of playfield protectors that can be used for alignment, use the one with the white background. Also the playfield protector is not accurate for vector tracing, only alignment, there are many graphical details that are different from the real playfield.

The play field should be 20.25”x42”

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/srjonl29l0wuv7c/AABgsk1bx5TKdeagfqtRpXKPa?dl=0

Schreibi34
                                    Participant
                                      @schreibi34

I can upload a 10k upscale of the PF protector if needed! It’s partly cleaned (no vectorizing, too much work). If you want you can check it and if you like it you can finish it. All you have to do is clean up some black outlines, add TT letters and stitch some of the smaller cartoon characters into the image. They were too detailed for the upscale and impossible to clean up. You have to downscale the 10k image to 4k in the end to make it look good.

Schreibi34
                                      Participant
                                        @schreibi34

This is the current WIP. If somebody is working on vectorizing the PF keep going! This is just a test how nice and quick i can get the PF with that protector image! This is around 6h of work. Still a lot of finetuning and cleaning to do. Especially outlines. I left out the gfx around the inserts because that has to be shaped after the insert images. It’s better then nothing. It’s the same upscale and repair method i used for Hot Tip and Deadly Weapon.

If somebody needs this for vectorizing or if somebody wants to finish this classic PS style PM me and i send you the 10k image!

Schreibi34
                                        Participant
                                          @schreibi34

I forgot to say that somebody has to stitch the Rat, Fox and the Tiger in the shooter lane into the image. If you guys want i can finish the Rabbit and the Croc. But only if needed!

dcbenji
                                          Participant
                                            @dcbenji

I forgot to say that somebody has to stitch the Rat, Fox and the Tiger in the shooter lane into the image. If you guys want i can finish the Rabbit and the Croc. But only if needed!

This is basically 32Asssasins table/project and we won’t move forward without high quality assets —the playfield protector is not acceptable to warrant this project being put at a higher priority above other WIPs with better assets currently available. So as far as I can tell until we can get a high quality and accurate scan or redraw this is on hold.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?