“PuP-Packs ON TOP!” (How to Use PuP-Packs with VPX, FP, FX3 and more on a single Screen Desktop view)

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Yardley
    Participant
      @yardley

Hey guys, anyone running Pizza Time successfully on a desktop setup? I can’t keep the DMD on the screen. It appears when I first launch the table but as soon as I insert credit or press start it looses focus. I tried different pupinit files but no luck and a few other things that worked for me in the past but no luck.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

NEW: Alternate Option from Nailbuster

• he came up with a new idea that might help getting puppacks to work with desktop users (single screen)
        • it should be super-easy, as you just extract the files from this zip into the puppack folder (remember to UNBLOCK the zip)
        • then run your vp / fp / fx3 in Borderless Windowed mode
        • note: this may push the vpx / FP / fx3 window behind your taskbar (because this option is always pushing those windows behind the pup-pack)
        • that is normal, and the only option is to use another app to hide your taskbar if you don’t like it being visible
        • this works well with Pinup Popper front-end… however it may have issues with other front-ends

File is here:

https://nailbuster.com/pup/PuPPack_on_Desktop.zip

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Yardley
        Participant
          @yardley

Thanks Terry, that worked outside of my front end but no so much once launching from HS. However, I did ultimately fix it by editing the pup pack and setting BG and DMD to force on.

Quickdraw19
          Participant
            @quickdraw19

I’m trying to install Harry Potter – GoF on a desktop. I don’t understand this instruction:

– backup your pinupplayer.ini. Then create a custom pinup player.ini with your pup DMD sized to a 16:9 ratio and positioned to the top left, and your BG sized at 16:9 ratio and positioned to the top right. Copy this new pinupplayer.ini to the “hpgof” pup-pack folder. (replace your default ini with the backed up one)

I’m copying the pinupplayer.ini inside C:/PinUpSystem. How do you size to 16:9 ratio and position to the top left or right?

Where is the “hpgof” directory supposed to be?

What is the purpose of replacing the default ini with a copy of itself?

Thanks in advance!

Warrie
            Participant
              @warrie

Hi Terry,

“backup your pinupplayer.ini. Then create a custom pinup player.ini with your pup DMD sized to a 16:9 ratio and positioned to the top left, and your BG sized at 16:9 ratio and positioned to the top right. Copy this new pinupplayer.ini to the “hpgof” pup-pack folder. (replace your default ini with the backed up one)”

How do I do this exactly? Open the pinupplayer.ini with a texteditor and manually change it? There are 10 ‘info’ screens in that .ini, which ones do I need to change?

You also have 2 screenshots of ‘pinup player displays’, how can I open these? I tried to run all the exe files in the Pinup folder.

tobiashansson
              Participant
                @tobiashansson

Somthing wrong guys…

when I do what it says and restart my cabinet I’ve get error “don’t find pupwinpos.exe” 10 times when windows starts… what’s wrong? How can I repair it?

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?