Skyway (Williams 1954) resources

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    templarjh
    Participant
      @templarjh

Bit of a long story on why I have this one, but I hope these resources are useful. This is a very rare game. I’m not the owner and only have it here till shipping is arranged. After picking it up I did very basic cleaning and a little work on it, taking it from being a wasp nest-filled box to “sort of barely working,” but as it’s not mine I don’t feel comfortable doing anything else, even better cleaning. So I hope the pictures are good enough as is.

The single flipper is an impulse flipper. The two pop bumpers operate simultaneously from one solenoid. The credit wheel max is 47. The backglass is very faded (but it actually looks pretty good; if this were my game I’d probably spare the expense of a new one). The backglass pictures at ipdb and pinside might be more useful. It’s very fortunate that the schematic and instruction cards are here and it’s about unbelievable that this playfield still has all the inserts. Hope this is useful, and please let me know if anything else is needed ^_^

Anyway, measurements per Bord’s helpful requests the last time I posted something like this:

Playfield length: 41 3/4″
      Playfield width: 20 1/2
      Bottom of playfield to center of flipper screw: 9 10/16
      Left side of playfield to center of flipper screw: 6 1/2
      Backglass height: 21 10/16
      Backglass width: 20 1/2

4 users thanked author for this post.
      templarjh
      Participant
        @templarjh

The last zip with the instruction cards didn’t quite seem to fit so here it is. Got a 504 gateway timeout while that was loading so I’ll download my own stuff and see if it went through :p *edit* yeah everything looks fine

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by templarjh.
        bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

Wow, thank you so much for sharing. I hope someone is able to pick this up. If I could clone myself I’d do it.

templarjh
          Participant
            @templarjh

Wow, thank you so much for sharing. I hope someone is able to pick this up. If I could clone myself I’d do it.

Ha ha well at least the stuff is here. I’d do it myself if I knew how :scratch:

JR
            Participant
              @jfr1

This is very unique.  Wow.  What a find.  Have a feeling bord is busy with his cloning machine.

jino0372
              Participant
                @jino0372

Wow!  Thank you for sharing!!  I like this pin.  It looks like it would be very fun to play.  Is someone working on this?

templarjh
                Participant
                  @templarjh

Wow! Thank you for sharing!! I like this pin. It looks like it would be very fun to play. Is someone working on this?

It left the house a week ago so I hope we don’t need anything more from it :o Thanks! Yup it was certainly a neat one. I’m on the lookout now for other one-flipper Williams games but it goes without saying that they’re a bit hard to find <_< and there weren’t many of them. There’s a very good version of Thunderbird in vp8, and even a primitive but working version of Skyway there.

Every few months or so I tell myself I’m going to learn how to do stuff in VP and always put it off. So I hope someone is taking this up but it’s not going to be me anytime soon. :( Maybe one of these days.

bord
                    @bord

This game really is the coolest thing. @scottacus, ever seen one of these before?

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

@ Bord  No I haven’t but I see that we have a schematic so we can figure out the rule set.  Cuphead is reaching the stage of making the final playfield so in a few months I should have time to work on this if you want to.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Scottacus.
                      • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Scottacus.
                      bord
                        @bord

@ Bord No I haven’t but I see that we have a schematic so we can figure out the rule set. Cuphead is reaching the stage of making the final playfield so in a few months I should have time to work on this if you want to.

Sounds great! I might try to move that old Fashion Show build up the list first if it interests you. It is 95% done excepting script. I’ll also put together a scaled template for the Skyway art to be redrawn and see if someone is interested in helping out with it. The art on this thing checks all the right buttons for me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?