So you wanna …

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Herweh
    Participant
      @herweh
      vipMemberContributor

… Mouse around?

Here we go, time to show you some pics of my current build, “Mousin’ Around!”. This will be a pretty short WIP thread as it’s not far to go to finish the table.

I don’t know why but “Mousin’ around!” was always some kind of a special table in the VP world for me. It was my first build with VP9 about 6 years ago. So I asked OldSkoolGamer whether I can get the art resources of that build. Cosmic80, my very best friend in real life, a Photoshop pro, added some magic to recolor a lot of the areas of the playfield. And that was the starting point for the build.

Here we are about three weeks ago, the very first objects on the playfield (or better on the schematics field)

MousinAroundStart

That’s the progress after about a week, after more VP Building and a lot coding.

MousinAround1600x900_1week

Schreibi is helping a lot. He is a wonderful and so much talented guy. Here he is building the cheese loop hut and the diverter arm at the top end of the table.

Mousin komplett - S34

And that’s the current state. Just a few days to go, some final touchup and finetuning. Have fun!

MousinAround1600x900_3

8 users thanked author for this post.
      Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

looking great

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

Such a great game. Spent an hour playing one on location this last weekend and didn’t want to stop.

Couldn’t be happier that you’re the guy building it (with Schreibi, no less). Keep up the great work!

TNT2
          Participant
            @tnt2

:yahoo:

Nemo
            Participant
              @nemo

This is another table i did play a lot back in the 90’s, but never since, even not the vp9 table. Im going to have a blast when this gets released , it looks very authentic!

Thanks Team for another piece of my youth, very much apriciated.

jbg4208
              Participant
                @jbg4208

Oh wow! This has been a favorite of mine since I first got into this hobby!! Thanks !

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

ANOTHER great looking build!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

Gwen
                  Participant
                    @gwen

Fantastic looking work!  I love that table so am looking forward to this one =) :good:

Gwen
                    - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Mark70
                    Participant
                      @mark70

wow another great looking table! :good:
                      I’m looking forward to it.

Sorry I can’t hold back to ask.
                      As you have been involved in Laser War also, any plans for this one in the long term?
                      The VP9 table is awesome. :yes:

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

I really are hoping he will too. Because the upcoming Mousin’ around plays fantastic.

Herweh
                        Participant
                          @herweh
                          vipMemberContributor

wow another great looking table! :good:
                          I’m looking forward to it.

Sorry I can’t hold back to ask.
                          As you have been involved in Laser War also, any plans for this one in the long term?
                          The VP9 table is awesome. :yes:

Right now I do not have the resources from OldSkoolGamer, but I expect to get them from him as he is a very cool guy. I‘m pretty sure to do Laser War when the resources are as good as for Hurricane or Mousin.

robbo43
                          Participant
                            @robbo43

Hi Herweh,

Any thoughts of bringing your excellent Apollo 13 over from VP9 to VPX. Sega tables don’t get a lot of love, and the resources used for the VP9 version look quite good.

Cheers

Rob

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

I bet this is one he plans to do….great table in vp9 for its time.

********************************************************
                              for IOS and Android

Herweh
                              Participant
                                @herweh
                                vipMemberContributor

Hi Herweh,

Any thoughts of bringing your excellent Apollo 13 over from VP9 to VPX. Sega tables don’t get a lot of love, and the resources used for the VP9 version look quite good.

Cheers

Rob

Would love to, but the playfield and plastics resources are just HD. I‘ll got them right from the FP version back then. So unfortunately no 4K in the backhand. As I remember the guy behind the table was francisco. Is he still around in the visual pinball world?

TNT2
                                Participant
                                  @tnt2

Ah 13 ball multiball. Now that is something you don’t see every day.

robbo43
                                  Participant
                                    @robbo43

Hi Herweh,

Cheers

Rob

Would love to, but the playfield and plastics resources are just HD. I‘ll got them right from the FP version back then. So unfortunately no 4K in the backhand. As I remember the guy behind the table was francisco. Is he still around in the visual pinball world?

I’ll have a chat with DCrosby and see what the results from a machine learning upres would look like. It seemed to do a good job on teh POTO resources.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    32assassin
                                    Participant
                                      @32assassin

Hi Herweh,

Cheers

Rob

I’ll have a chat with DCrosby and see what the results from a machine learning upres would look like. It seemed to do a good job on teh POTO resources.

the VP9 table used the same resources as the FP version,  and the FP has burnt in GI lighting

given that we now have proper Sega (Whitestar)  GI emulation.  it does not matter how good those pictures look

they are completely unusable unless you get the raw resources.

even if you get the raw resources you need to replace allot of them

I started to build this table but decided not to given that allot of the textures need to be replaced

I redrew  a new decal for the ballrelease scoop

I made a spinner primitive and made a new texture.

I made new bumper cap textures,  but I don’t think the bumper primitives are correct they need to be changed to the same style of caps found on Monopoly.

at first glace you might think that the PF image is more then good enough; allot and I mean allot of liberties where taken

when it was redrawn. So it needs to be replaced with a more accurate (or better yet) an actual PF scan.

my coded WIP,  I can make it fully playable but I will not build the table with the current PF image

Capture

and FYI  take a look at the image,  this how much I want this table.

I have about 90% or more of the keyframes done in PIN2DMD editor.

I will more then likely have a fully colored project before a VPX table is release.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

TNT2
                                      Participant
                                        @tnt2

Dang Assassin you never stop.  :good:

32assassin
                                        Participant
                                          @32assassin

thought I share this my first run on the colored project

most of the broken scenes from the video have been fixed

aside Jackpot Gross and Thruster fired,   those are  mostly dynamic scenes that can’t be triggered

they will be all red when I’m done.  An all pink default pallet(0)  helps me

to identify broken/ missing  scenes

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

I don’t use color dmd but impressive work 32! Looks good

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?