Sound positioning/Mechanical Sounds not right

Viewing 14 posts - 141 through 154 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

If there is no 10.6.2 being made. Then, maybe just share it here out of convenience for people wanting to run both. The issue now is kind of – if you don’t have the ssf-rc1 ( or lets call it 10.6.2 ), running 10.7 beta and going back to 10.6, you end up with 2-channel. I’m sure people won’t notice that. The best thing would be of course that there is a 10.6.2 avail.

njk70
      Participant
        @njk70

I believe Toxie is planning a 10.6.2 release.

You are all welcome, but in the end I did it for selfish reasons… my own cabinet :).

1 user thanked author for this post.
        sebcemoi
        Participant
          @sebcemoi

Totally agreed too, thanks a lot @njk70 for your work and research to improve a most better way directionals sounds of ours ssf configs. :good: :good: :good:

JR
          Participant
            @jfr1

8 pages of fascinating discussion!!  Very cool.

njk70
            Participant
              @njk70

FYI all my code has been submitted and accepted upstream and should appear in future 10.7 beta and 10.6.2+ releases when/if made.

8 users thanked author for this post.
              Janos
              Participant
                @aradij

10.6.2 released with enchanced SSF code. :)

Thank You njk70 for your contribution!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                innertwist
                Participant
                  @innertwist

Thanks for the enhanced SSF code!

Unfortunately I encountered a problem. I have tested three tables using 10.6.2:

Mr. Doom 1.3.0, STTNG 1.4.1, and Bounty Hunter (1985). They all show identical behaviour regarding the bumper sound: it’s coming through the backbox, not the exciters.

If I change back to the old 7.1 option, everything works as normal.

Any ideas what might be wrong on my end?

njk70
                  Participant
                    @njk70

@innertwist that seems strange. Is it just the bumpers? I’ll try those tables tonight and see what they do here. My main test table was Mars Attacks v3. Although I did a bunch with some version of STTNG.

innertwist
                    Participant
                      @innertwist

Only the bumpers. Everything else works fine. Thank you for trying them out!

njk70
                      Participant
                        @njk70

I wonder if I messed up the patch…. I haven’t tried the 10.6 branch since the update was made….

innertwist
                        Participant
                          @innertwist

Let´s hope not. I still have to try the newest 10.7 beta.

Update: Just tested today´s beta (rev111) and I can indeed hear the bumper sounds through the exciters, but at a very low volume compared to 10.6.2 with the enhanced ssf enabled. Using the old ssf option the bumpers are way louder – as they should be.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by innertwist.
                          njk70
                          Participant
                            @njk70

What version of windows are you running? What audio driver? Do you have windows set to 7.1 sound? Are you sure the exciters are the side channels and not the front? Are you sure the exciter’s amp volume is good?

Sorry I can’t do any testing for a few hours yet. Run the windows surround sound test where it plays a tone out of each channel and very carefully check that the tone is playing out of the correct speaker (it can be hard to tell sometimes depending on volume). Your setup sounds very backwards from what I expect.

Did you try my original beta?

innertwist
                            Participant
                              @innertwist

Definitely a problem with my configuration. Surround sound doesn’t work as it should. Will be tinkering with it some more tomorrow. Thanks again!

Badazzwi
                              Participant
                                @badazzwi

Thanks a lot for the work you put into this. Much appreciated from a guy who runs just ssf. Got 10.6.2 installed and running through some of my tables now and all seems to be working nicely.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Viewing 14 posts - 141 through 154 (of 154 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?